Why Are Visa Laws More Friendly Towards Women.

mike123ca

Looking at the requirements for a man to get a marriage visa

is much higher than it is for a woman.

As for the benefits, a woman has far easier path to citizenship than a man.

Thailand has acknowledge the inequality of these policies. If a foreigner marries a Thai national

can one not assume that this person wants to integrate into Thai society. Why the need to

place heavier restrictions on men?

Why am I more friendly towards women? Anyway, I suspect the laws are made by men who are happy to have as many women around as possible. Not to mention women are much less likely to be drunken trouble-making whore mongers. :-)

Edited by Tim207
  • Like 1

I think its mainly because of the ratio of the number of women wanting marriage visas is a lot less than men wanting marriage visas.

This is only my opinion and I could very much be wrong but I'm guessing the Thai government want to keep some kind of balance and check as so many of you guys are coming over here... stealing all their women (etc etc etc) *shakes fists* wink.png

• Like 1

The man is seen as the bread winner, that is why they look at the income of a foreign man and not of a foreign woman.

As the man is seen as the bread winner, does a foreign woman marrying a Thai man, still have to comply with the financial rules for a visa extension based on marriage, or does the Thai man have to prove financial stability enough to keep her?

The man is seen as the bread winner, that is why they look at the income of a foreign man and not of a foreign woman.

As the man is seen as the bread winner, does a foreign woman marrying a Thai man, still have to comply with the financial rules for a visa extension based on marriage, or does the Thai man have to prove financial stability enough to keep her?

A foreign woman mareid to a Thai only has to proof the marriage. I believe the husband applies for the visa for his foreign wife, but there is no income check.

A foreign woman mareid to a Thai only has to proof the marriage. I believe the husband applies for the visa for his foreign wife, but there is no income check.

Cheers smile.png

CONSTITUTION OF THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND,

B.E. 2550 (2007)

Part 2

Equality

Section 30. All persons are equal before the law and shall enjoy equal protection under the law.

Men and women shall enjoy equal rights.

Unjust discrimination against a person on the grounds of the difference in origin, race, language, sex, age, disability, physical or health condition, personal status, economic or social standing, religious belief, education or constitutionally political view, shall not be permitted.

Lol, im waiting for SBK's response. This one is surely a bug bear for her!

As Mario said. Its about the status of men. Which guys coming here enjoy. So, take on the chin! Seriously though, Thailand focuses on men, it is hugely unequal..so it would in fact then be very biased if farang women were categorized the same as farang men.

• Like 1

B.E. 2550 (2007)

Part 2

Equality

Section 30. All persons are equal before the law and shall enjoy equal protection under the law.

Unjust discrimination against a person on the grounds of the difference in origin, race, language, sex, age, disability, physical or health condition, personal status, economic or social standing, religious belief, education or constitutionally political view, shall not be permitted.

Actions speak louder than words.

B.E. 2550 (2007)

Part 2

Equality

Many laws are on the "Books" but not enforced.

• Like 1