Foreign Men Who Come To Thailand To Find A Relationship

IntellectualFarang

How do you feel about foreign men who come to Thailand to find a relationship?

As I wrote in one of my earlier messages,

Lots of men struggle to get girlfriends or wives in their countries, so they come to Bangkok or Manila because it offers a solution to their loneliness. But most of these men would benefit from confidence counselling. Often they have low self esteem; sometimes they just need to be taught how to interact properly with women. I always pity men like this.

I believe that men who come to Thailand to find a partner are usually lonely, unhappy, and/or painfully lacking in self-esteem or self-confidence.

I personally do NOT endorse the use of terms such as "loser" or "social inadequate". I think these terms are unkind and out of place.

What are your opinions?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the predisposition of you question is wrong. You state men come to manila or thailand to get " female" company to feel better about themselves. The nuance about these men being losers you state in your post is totally preconditioned.

I think you want to talk about a small number of men who actually behave like the way you suggest. My question back to you is: Why do you raise this topic?

• Like 1

I think the predisposition of you question is wrong. You state men come to manila or thailand to get " female" company to feel better about themselves. The nuance about these men being losers you state in your post is totally preconditioned.

I think you want to talk about a small number of men who actually behave like the way you suggest. My question back to you is: Why do you raise this topic?

I agree that the OP's comments must apply to a small number of men..............as it seems that I have met them all personally.

OP, you may have a point here. Some, it seems to me, have travelled extensively but feel the need to come to Thailand to re-invent themselves, (some, maybe quite frequently), because they feel in some way inadequate in their own skin.

I am sure that members would be interested to hear your views on this. wink.png

Why do you raise this topic?

Why do you answer it?

Edited by IntellectualFarang

Or maybe many of us do not like what is actually available back in our own countries. We DO have a choice, you know.

We DO have a choice, you know.

So do the likes of Brad Pitt.

But you seldom hear of, shall we say, "accomplished men" relocating to Thailand in order to find female companionship.

Edited by IntellectualFarang

I personally do NOT endorse the use of terms such as "loser" or "social inadequate". I think these terms are unkind and out of place.

555 You're off to a good start for your first day. Don't want to blow your whole load at once though

Have you considered that the Asian (not necessarily Thai) attitude of women toward men, how they treat them and respect them in totally different way to a western woman. That females in this region are far more attentive and have a totally different expectation to that of a western women.? That perhaps in some aspects they resemble of how females used to be in days gone by before they were "imancipated" or whatever.

That instead of fighting for the dominant position or even maybe equality as women have done for decades in the west, that Eastern/Asian women are happy for man to be the "man" and all that that entails and that for some men its that ideal they seek and prefer ?

Apart from the fact that (in my opinion) Asian women are so much more attractive and have many admirable traits that women in the west have long lost. They certainly age far better that's for sure. The list (for me) goes on and on.

• Like 2

Or maybe many of us do not like what is actually available back in our own countries. We DO have a choice, you know.

We DO have a choice, you know.

So do the likes of Brad Pitt.

But you seldom hear of, shall we say, "accomplished men" relocating to Thailand in order to find female companionship.

But you often hear of, shall we say, (intellectually/financially) accomplished men to relocate to Thailand in order to find happiness.

That instead of fighting for the dominant position or even maybe equality as women have done for decades in the west, that Eastern/Asian women are happy for man to be the "man" and all that that entails and that for some men its that ideal they seek and prefer ?

It's so strange that being the 'man' for so many foreigners in Thailand involves being scammed out of all his money and having a fatal balcony diving accident.

• Like 1

It's so strange that being the 'man' for so many foreigners in Thailand involves being scammed out of all his money and having a fatal balcony diving accident.

Sweeping generalization, poorly thought out. How many men do you think come to Thailand and never even set foot in the likes of Pattaya where those "incidents" (that are not that many) tend to happen.

Thailand and the women here are far more than just the likes of the sex trade and its pretty sad that's as far as your mind or experience goes.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1

correct, most British women are overweight, pale and i dont find them attractive, with the better looking ones being to up them selves !!

• Like 1

Why do you answer it?

Why not??

Why do you answer it?

Why not??

My question wasn't aimed at you.

They(we) come here because the women in our our countries have problems of their own(they're feminist, obese, have maintenance costs that no man of ordinary means can afford).

I never had a relationship with any women before I came here on holiday. The women back home just seemed financially out of my reach. Really they never even paid any attention to me. I guess you could say I was a "loser". That's all fine with me. But you see we have this little thing called an airplane. I don't have to put up with their crap anymore. The women here lub me(for less).

They(we) come here because the women in our our countries have problems of their own(they're feminist, obese, have maintenance costs that no man of ordinary means can afford).

I never had a relationship with any women before I came here on holiday. The women back home just seemed financially out of my reach. Really they never even paid any attention to me. I guess you could say I was a "loser". That's all fine with me. But you see we have this little thing called an airplane. I don't have to put up with their crap anymore. The women here lub me(for less).

I guess you could say I was a "loser".

But you see we have this little thing called an airplane.

Thank you for sharing.

Why do you answer it?

Why not??

My question wasn't aimed at you.

It is a public forum,and any member is entitled to join in a debate.

The sad thing about this topic, its not even a troll! Why do we waste our time answering "Mr know it all", after being here a week! I have the feeling that the OP lived with his mother until his forties, before venturing to Thailand meeting his first girlfriend. And he still believes that the 500 baht on the bartap was rent for the pooltable cheesy.gif

Is this DrWho again? Timelords can be tricky and make them appear how they want others to see them.

I think so..... Maybe the comment in my post was too subtle for him?? But what the heck, they chap brightens things up...

The OP is trying to be funny.

I know lots of friends who have a wife back in farangland and a mistress here.

Many r butterflies, as the girls call them.

Many r here to look for a cheap place to retire/ vacation, with that came a period of bargirls craze. And when nightlife became too boring and predictable, the search for a fulltime companion begins.

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by rics21

I tend to find the most judgemental posters on Thaivisa are the biggest pr*cks and losers in real life.

I wouldn't wish to comment on that. Your feedback is rather rude!!!

But you are obviously the kind of man who would never need to come to Bangkok or Manila to find a partner. With your obvious confidence and self-assurance, I'm sure you are surrounded by pretty girls in your own country!

I trust and hope you are happy with your "farang" partner.

I tend to find the most judgemental posters on Thaivisa are the biggest pr*cks and losers in real life.

I wouldn't wish to comment on that. Your feedback is rather rude!!!

But you are obviously the kind of man who would never need to come to Bangkok or Manila to find a partner. With your obvious confidence and self-assurance, I'm sure you are surrounded by pretty girls in your own country!

I trust and hope you are happy with your "farang" partner.

Can't he get a Asian partner back in farangland?

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App