Swedish Man Found Dead At Guesthouse In Chiang Mai

webfact

Swedish man found dead at guesthouse in Chiang Mai

news Newsdesk

CHIANG MAI: -- Oman Reiner, a 30 year old Swede, was found dead at the Jocker Brother Guesthouse, a four room budget guesthouse, in downtown Chiang Mai Thursday 27. September. The cause of death is not yet known.

Omar Reiner was found with his head against a pillow and with some blood on his right leg. He was wearing a gray t-shirt and khaki pants.

Yutthachai Jiemjitrat, 30, the owner of the guesthouse, told police that Reiner had stayed at the guesthouse alone for more than 7 months and that Oman Reiner had been to Suan Prung Hospital for psychiatric treatment in the past.

He further more told that Oman Reiner didn’t worked but had 30,000 baht transferred to his account every month, and that a thin Thai woman, over 30 years old, visited Reiner at the room often.

Original news source: http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=871

Source: http://www.scandasia...35&coun_code=se

-- ScandAsia 2012-09-28

footer_n.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the writer of this article had the number 30 on the brain, Omar 30 years old, 30 thousand baht each month is his bank account (how would he know that) and thin thai lady over 30 years old. Think I'll buy the number 30 toiday for the enxt lottery. RIP to Omar........wai.gif

• Like 2

Oh God! I'm so tired of people giving their "condolences" and "RIP'S" to victims on this board. It's so phony and contrived. Instead of wasting time and space seek out these peoples relatives and tell them for yourself if you really mean it. Something tells me you won't bother because you're either lazy or you really don't mean it. You just want to bleed heart on this forum. Let's just keep it to real comments and facts. Do you really think anyone will benefit from your weak inductive reasoning?

If after only 10 posts, condolences expressed on this board makes you tired, keep reading other threads. You're about to go into a coma of exhaustion.

Edited by Headgame

Off-topic posts have been deleted. If you do not wish to read the thread, you don't have to. If you don't wish to comment, you don't have to. If you do comment, please stay on the topic. If you wish to discuss forum rules, read the rules and you will find instructions about the appropriate place to do so.

My condolences to the friends and family of the victim.

• Like 2

I think the writer of this article had the number 30 on the brain, Omar 30 years old, 30 thousand baht each month is his bank account (how would he know that) and thin thai lady over 30 years old. Think I'll buy the number 30 toiday for the enxt lottery. RIP to Omar........wai.gif

Please wait 30 days before u buy 30 tivkets with the number 30 in all of them

Looking at the pictures in the article, one must wonder about the cause of death. The downward slouch over the bed suggests either falling, or being pushed. It is not a natural position of sleep not a natural position to die in.

Items are strewn over the bed, which one would normally keep on a shelf or in a bag (tooth paste, shampoo). Note the blue and black bag at the top left side of the bed, as if the bag has been emptied on the bed in a hurry.

A mobile phone lays with the top of the bed, bottom-facing away from the male, and the charger cord still lying on the bed. Throw your mobile from the the males position and try to get it to land at the same distance in the same position. The cable would not be laying across the bed if the Male had intended to sleep on the bed, I would imagine. The phone looks as if it has been taken off the charger and placed on the bed by a third party or the Male before he lay on the bed. There is also a ball point pen curiously right beside the phone but no paper with anything written on it..

Note that neither of these are obstructed by the items of clothing or other personal affects. He has various medicines well organized along the back wall. Most men of 30 years old would probably not need 5 medicines on the back wall - I see at least two pill dispensers.

The window is open with the air filter grate open also, most foreigners would have this closed in CM to stop mosquitoes coming in, I would imagine.

This appears at least a death of questionable circumstances, and not a clear suicide as some suggest the Thai Govt may claim it to be.

Edited by TheGhostWithin

Omar Reiner .. Swedish ... ?? Sure!

Even if i had a Thai passport it doesn´t mean im Thai. wink.png

I don't know about that. I'm 3rd generation US citizen but my name is 100% Polish. I imagine that Europe has had plenty of internal immigration and

emigration over the years.

You're right about Thailand in that you can become a Thai citizen but you'll never be considered a Thai person.

Just thinking.

So, most of the Thai businessman, politicians, senior civil servants, doctors, lawyers etc are Chinese in your view, not Thai.

I don't know about that. I'm 3rd generation US citizen but my name is 100% Polish. I imagine that Europe has had plenty of internal immigration and

You're right about Thailand in that you can become a Thai citizen but you'll never be considered a Thai person.

Just thinking.

So, most of the Thai businessman, politicians, senior civil servants, doctors, lawyers etc are Chinese in your view, not Thai.

Respect is commanded in Thai, not earnt, and not bought. When you command it, you either win, or lose. Just like your right to be considered Thai. But a white face is a serious obstacle to commanding respect in Thailand.

Oh God! I'm so tired of people giving their "condolences" and "RIP'S" to victims on this board. It's so phony and contrived. Instead of wasting time and space seek out these peoples relatives and tell them for yourself if you really mean it. Something tells me you won't bother because you're either lazy or you really don't mean it. You just want to bleed heart on this forum. Let's just keep it to real comments and facts. Do you really think anyone will benefit from your weak inductive reasoning?

Goodness what a rant.

Just thinking.

Respect is commanded in Thai, not earnt, and not bought. When you command it, you either win, or lose. Just like your right to be considered Thai. But a white face is a serious obstacle to commanding respect in Thailand.

I won't rely care what people think about my having a white face, if I get a Thai ID card. I will still be happy to enjoy the legal rights it conveys.

Weak inductive reasoning, I just read one of thoseexamples, criticisng the rest of us, Not that I ever RIP anyone, but dont see the harm in it. pomposity has a nice ring to it.

I don't know about that. I'm 3rd generation US citizen but my name is 100% Polish.

Theres no one named OMAR in Sweden who is 3rd generation and about 30 yo. , i bet 1 months pension on that. thumbsup.gif

That's a big statement, spoilt by shouting, and having no basis for acceptance, who knows what causes parents to name their offspring omar, or swede or whatever. You are, of course probably right, because the omar we know of is deceased in Chiang mai

So the poor Swede has some psyciatric problems so his first inclination is to go to the owner of the guest house and say, "hey Mr. Jiemjitrat I just want you to know I have been getting treatment for a psyciatric problem, ya know, just in case I end up dead". If I had psycatric problems (which I secretly do) I wouldn't be telling anyone. So how does our fine Mr. Jiemjitrat know this bit of trivia? Perhaps it is a bit of misdirection? Perhaps the mysterious "thin Thai woman, over 30" told him, you know, just incase the unfortunate Swede should end up dead and all.