Farang Food Vs. Thai Food

grumpyoldman

75% thai

15%% chinese

5% korean

5% western

Looking for japanese restaurants for some authentic japanese food.

Anyone care to share?wai2.gif

Oishi in index is pretty good for an all you can eat buffet, I think it might be out of your price range at 600thb/head

Thanx for sharing....600thb is indeed out of my range.

I guess i have to turn to home-made meal.

Saw this site .....look interestingwai2.gif

http://www.justhungry.com/2003/12/obento.html

I dont mind Thai or western food, whatever I am craving at the time. But I am careful to study the cleanliness of a lot of Thai run restaurants, the hong nam is a key indicator, no soap and a squat toilet with a plastic sauspan and I am out the door after my first beer

I dont mind Thai or western food, whatever I am craving at the time. But I am careful to study the cleanliness of a lot of Thai run restaurants, the hong nam is a key indicator, no soap and a squat toilet with a plastic sauspan and I am out the door after my first beer

Not true, i grew up in a kampong setting in malaysia since young. The above mentioned settings is a norm.....at least there is a flushing system. which is good.tongue.png

I went china shandong weihai......next to Qingdao to visit a fren........... he mentioned he grew up in a kampong settings - the toilet does not even have flushing systemw00t.gif .....Can you imagine e stench coming out from e shithole??facepalm.gif

I visited them during last yr winter time......... so i can say is smelly, cold n shitty.wai2.gif ......the toilet sux.

However, e mum cook very nice seafood and make very nice dumplings..........weihai is famous for seafood as it is near to e coast.

I can have live small abalone for $2.....bigger abalone for $10...scallop, daizi,

$20 1kg praying mantis prawn, stir fry with chili........e taste is best.wai2.gif