An Apology To Some Poor Sod.....

HeavyDrinker

I was in my local of some 8 years yestreen after a rather successful trip into town where I'd not only bumped into a pal I'd not seen for some years but also secured a copy of Profanisaurus Rex; ergo I was in somewhat of a pippin of a good mood especially as the wife was at her book club (the fact that she comes home with her hair matted with spunk is neither here nor there) and I was free for the night.

I sat at my local watching the traffic roaring down the Bang Na - Trat road chuckling at my Profanisaurus (esp pg 123)when a sequence of what can only be described as Charabancs pulled up.

From within said charabancs poured forth a multitude and tables and chairs were pulled together to accommodate said multitude who began ordering food with he aplomb of the biblical 5000 (pre loaves and fishes).

Coming in at the tail of this procession was a gentleman of Western extraction, who was having what is termed in polite society a a bit of a "ding-dong" with his other half in rather coarse language which made me wonder if he too had bought a Profanisaurus Rex.

When his missus finally asked about the other "Farang" the lasses told her that I was a regular and spoke passable Thai and basically gave them my life story. Upon hearing this, this lady then set about her husband with relish shouting at him thing like "This Farang can sa-peak Thai so why not you learn?" and "This Farang hab beeg hout here, why you not get me beeg hout" etc...and she really had a rattle at him for some 15 minutes...

Well, I'd heard enough and slammed in my earphones to listen to some Slayer but by now I had the gaze of some 20 odd people upon me and after a hideous 20 minutes of glass chinking and utterly banal small talk I was able to get back to my Slayer but this poor chap was getting beans big time from his missis and the assembled masses even though he was probably footing for the lot.

I'd like to apologise if he is another TV member.