Bitter / Real Ale

lorddaverichards

any suggestions for where i Can purchase the above - I used to drink at Soi 8 bar but they no longer serve London pride or Tetleys - so have been going to the Londoner for my fix of bitter which is very good and only 200 baht ( happy hour now 100 b ) from 3pm to 7pm

Are there any other bars in the Bangkok area that serve bitter ( what brands ) and what prices are they normal and happy hour

Many thanks

Dave

Draught, to me that means a proper, live beer conditioned in the barrel.

I suspect you mean pasturised keg.

Southern Softie stuff? What about Fullers ESB and Youngs Special, both brewed in London and two of the strongest mass produced beers available in the UK. Great tasting, too.

• 2 weeks later...
I think Hanrahans soy 4

Yep,Hanrahan's have Old Speckled Hen on draught,real Yorkshire ale.Much better than that Southern Softie stuff mentioned before!

Erm, Old Speckled Hen is a completely Southern beer!

Brewed first in Oxfordshire, and now in Bury St Edmunds near Cambridge. Nothing to do with the North at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Maybe my answer is a bit late, but there are some bars that have Old Speckled Hen and Greene King IPA on tap and then there is Brew Beers & Ciders http://brewbkk.com/ that has the best selection of beers in Bkk. The beers displayed on their website is just a fraction of what they offer. The place is in a nice neighbourhood and got a bit of a juppy crowd with a mix of middle to upper class Thais and expats.

They have classic bitters like Well;s Bombardier, and other British beers from Fuller's, Greene King, Morland's, Young's, Well's, Whychwood, Brewdog and Belhaven