Free Fish And Chips @ Premier Sports Bar

It's Fish and Chips promotion time again.

Customers buying Fish and Chips this friday 5th Oct will recieve a voucher for free Fish and Chips.

The voucher can be used the following Friday Saturday or Sunday 12th 13th or 14th Oct

Our speciality beer battered Fish with home made real chips (not frozen fries) can be complimented with

mushy or garden peas, and Bisto gravy.

We also serve fresh home made pies, Steak n Ale, Meat n Potato, Minced Beef n Onion, Chicken n Leek.

All pies come in fresh and warm on a Friday so are subject to availability.

Thursday is our famous Quiz night, any customers joining in the Quiz this week will be treated to

Chinese Chippy Curry with Fries and Buttered Bread and maybe a sandwich or 2post-125125-0-32947000-1348979886_thumb.

I would rather have some nice Tartare sauce with the fish, chips and mushy peas rather than gravy. Malt vinegar and lashings of salt and pepper. I may have to give it a go. I do like a buy 1 get one free deal thumbsup.gif

Not been myself but the word on the street is that it's pretty dam_n good.

I presume gravy is regional like mushy peas.

Gravy is more associated with meat as in roast beef / pork / Lamb / chicken and gravy. A good gravy has its place but not for me with fish and chips.

I am willing to give it a go minus the gravy though. Do I need to bring along my own Tatare sauce though, that is the question ? whistling.gif

Gravy is just a sauce made from the juice and fat which emanate during the cooking process. This can be done with fish if it is pan fried or baked (to some extent) with the addition of some white wine perhaps. No chance in Hell of doing that with battered fish so tartare sauce is an excellent alternative IMO. However, a perfectly cooked piece of fish in a light batter should retain most of its moisture so a sauce of some kind may not be needed. As I say, I have not tried it myself but the Premier Sports Bar does have a very good reputation.

Gravy is more associated with meat as in roast beef / pork / Lamb / chicken and gravy. A good gravy has its place but not for me with fish and chips.

I am willing to give it a go minus the gravy though. Do I need to bring along my own Tatare sauce though, that is the question ? whistling.gif

Gravy is just a sauce made from the juice and fat which emanate during the cooking process. This can be done with fish if it is pan fried or baked (to some extent) with the addition of some white wine perhaps. No chance in Hell of doing that with battered fish so tartare sauce is an excellent alternative IMO. However, a perfectly cooked piece of fish in a light batter should retain most of its moisture so a sauce of some kind may not be needed. As I say, I have not tried it myself but the Premier Sports Bar does have a very good reputation.

Got to agree with both the above, however, coming from Yorkshire, battered fish,freshly cut & fried chips, mushy peas, salt and vinegar AND scraps, now that's a luxury.licklips.giflicklips.giflicklips.gif

(just remembered, needs to be washed down with a couple of pints of real ale)!

However, Premier Bar always puts on a good spread, so let's not forget that.

Edited by yorkie100

We also serve fresh home made pies

All pies come in fresh and warm on a Friday

So not home made then.

2 for one on fish and chips sounds like a good offer.

They are made at home and then brought to the Bar - Does that make them home made ?

laugh.pngthumbsup.gif

I would rather have some nice Tartare sauce with the fish, chips and mushy peas rather than gravy. Malt vinegar and lashings of salt and pepper. I may have to give it a go. I do like a buy 1 get one free deal thumbsup.gif

Do not fear, we have Tartar sauce and ALL the other condiments to go along with our great Pub grub, gravy and peas are at your choice