Buying A New House Ready Built By Builders

Me and my ex Thai Wife are buying a 3 million baht house. Up to 1.5 years ago we owned another house which I had a 30 year lease on and which I paid 2000 bht rent as part of said lease, said 2000 bht per month was taxable and we had to pay said tax every year. This lease was arranged by a lawyer, but I don't like her anymore so I want to do it myself this time. Back to the subject we sold the last house 18 months ago, and then divorced several months later. a few months ago we got back together (living together but still divorced) and decided to buy another house, but of course I need some kind of insurance. I have been advised to get another thirty year lease, but instead of paying 2000 bht per month, instead pay thirty years rent in advance and pay the tax in advance which according to my advisor would be based on one percent of the house purchase price, rather than an agreed rent. From what I gather the total cost if I did this myself would be 200 bht registration papers, and 30,000 bht tax which would cover all thirty years.

Other suggestions I have received are as follows...please supply your thoughts concerning viability

Form a company and buy said house in company name

Register a usufruct to guarantee access to house

Ask the builders to seperate the house and land then receipt my wife for land and receipt me for house

Thanks for all possible replies

Since your not married buy in her name and have her grant you a usufruct on property till end of life. Cost only a couple hundred baht to register on chanote and no tax payments required.

Make sure you do purchase and usufruct during same visit to land office.

good answer

1. Company name and if you break up again, you have all rights.

2. Give her a mortgage on the property of the property value ++, and also have her sign another agreement which allows the lender to take the property if the borrower does not make the payments, and also get land office provided power of attorney forms, within this agreement, the lender has the right to assign the property to another person, which you would need to do as being a foreigner, you cannot have the house in your name.

1. Company name and if you break up again, you have all rights.

2. Give her a mortgage on the property of the property value ++, and also have her sign another agreement which allows the lender to take the property if the borrower does not make the payments, and also get land office provided power of attorney forms, within this agreement, the lender has the right to assign the property to another person, which you would need to do as being a foreigner, you cannot have the house in your name.

Wrong.