' Gangnam Style' Conquers British Music Chart

webfact

'Gangnam Style' conquers British music chart

SEOUL, Oct 1 (Yonhap) -- K-pop viral phenomenon Psy's hit "Gangnam Style" jumped to No.1 in the formal British music chart on Sunday (local time).

It is the first time that a Korean signer conquers the Official Singles Chart.

"He’s done it! Gangnam Style fever has swept the globe this month and today officially conquers the UK, galloping all the way to Number 1 on the Official Singles Chart," the Official Chart Company said on its Web site. The company compiles various official British record charts.

It said Psy plans to visit Britain "very soon."

"Thanks to all the UK fans out there for supporting me and 'Gangnam Style.' Guess what? I am coming!" the company quoted Psy as saying. (Yonhap)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-10-01

I have to admit I was amused when i first saw the video clip on you tube (the original one which you can google, not the one posted above)...it was this chubby Korean guy prancing around to some music and his "I don't care what you think cos I am having fun doing this" attitude just shone through. Music was catchy and appropriate for this level of silliness...it was not aiming to be high art. tongue.png

Edited by doggie888888
  • Like 2

Says something about the current state of the UK music industry when this drivel makes it to number 1,that said its not that difficult now any way you only need to sell a few copies.

A catchy fun pop tune.

Don't know what constitutes drivel, but a look at the UK pop charts #1 hits show scores of similar catchy tunes. All drivel?

http://www.onlineweb.com/theones/2010.htm

Maybe this is getting out of hand? coffee1.gif

http://www.washingto...6ab04_blog.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9efdzkX0j4&feature=player_embedded

“Prepare for the invisible horse dance takeover.” It’s here, and now I urge you: Prepare for the beating of the (invisible) dead horse (dance). Witness the evolution of a meme as it goes from funny to annoying to “UGH, NOT THAT SONG AGAIN”:
Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Says something about the current state of the UK music industry when this drivel makes it to number 1,that said its not that difficult now any way you only need to sell a few copies.

Anything that interupts the 'verse, chorus, verse, chorus ... bloke does a rap' we currently have everywhere in mainstream music.

Also, who cares about the charts anymore, couldn't tell you who was number 1 from one week to the next

Anything that interupts the 'verse, chorus, verse, chorus ... bloke does a rap' we currently have everywhere in mainstream music.

Also, who cares about the charts anymore, couldn't tell you who was number 1 from one week to the next

Above is a good example of a man who has been tied up and forced to listen to Hotel California for 6 months.

post-73727-0-66401900-1349343127_thumb.j

I have to admit I was amused when i first saw the video clip on you tube (the original one which you can google, not the one posted above)...it was this chubby Korean guy prancing around to some music and his "I don't care what you think cos I am having fun doing this" attitude just shone through. Music was catchy and appropriate for this level of silliness...it was not aiming to be high art. tongue.png

I have to say that liked it the first time I heard it, and downloaded a copy for my mountain biking play list. It has some real energy and when it comes up, it just makes me feel plain good. Good for PSY for finally being a one-hit wonder after working at it for 16 years. It's like a school pride song but on a bigger level. There aren't many songs that make a splash like this these days.

I love it.

I am with Rooo on this. It is catchy, cheeky and has lots of sexy Asian ladies in it.

It beats anything lady Ga ga has done or will. How you cam call it drivel beats me ?blink.png

It gas captured everything you need to have a number one record.

I love it and I'm an old git wink.png

The UK's not the only place Gangnam Style has taken over. I'm in Aust, had the radio on at work yesterday morning and heard it twice. Got home from work last night and the son was watching V or MTV ...... it was on three times in an hour AND he was watching it on YouTube.

Apparently PSY was at some promotion or something (in Korea) and 90,000 people turned up. Considering he's not much to look at, I can only assume he brought the dancers along with him

Saw him on Ellen and had to laugh. Anyone that describes his style as dress over the top and dance as cheesy as possible is alright in my book...

Sent from Android please allow errors in type or judgment.

• 1 month later...