Sure Safe - Replacement Keys

FrankBlunt

Hello everyone,

I have one of those small electronic safes and yes, you've guessed it, the batteries have suddenly failed and I don't seem to have a key for the manual override. The safe is a "Sure" brand and has a sticker beside the lock showing the required key number. Does anyone know of anywhere on the island where they can help me get in and/or order a set of keys, thanks?

For info, the safe is small enough for me to take somewhere to get this done and my passport is inside so whoever opens it should be reassured that I have not stolen the safe.

Prefer to explore the non-destructive options first so any advice gratefully received.

FB.

Did you try putting new batteries in and then test if it works?

yes, I'll try new batteries as soon as I can get into it! Yes, I also know its my fault for not checking/changing the batteries sooner.

There is a possibility that the PIN code is stored on memory which does not reset immediately when the batteries dry out. Therefore it might be worth of trying to insert fresh batteries before you send your safe for drilling.

yes, I'll try new batteries as soon as I can get into it! Yes, I also know its my fault for not checking/changing the batteries sooner.

There is a possibility that the PIN code is stored on memory which does not reset immediately when the batteries dry out. Therefore it might be worth of trying to insert fresh batteries before you send your safe for drilling.

Can only be done when the safe is open.

His is locked. Needs the circular key.

I'd angle grind the hinges off and go buy another.

Cheaper in the long run. Time wasted filling in forms and nonsense.

Can only be done when the safe is open.

His is locked. Needs the circular key.

I'd angle grind the hinges off and go buy another.

Cheaper in the long run. Time wasted filling in forms and nonsense.

I would suggest asking any lower level hotel's room maid, most would know how.

Failing that a Google search will uncover some " expert " help. These tin boxes are the bare minimum to keep honest villans at bay.

edit; HansGruber has a valid point. the one we got has a thin tin bottom, start there.

Edited by sportsman69

so let me get this straight, your batteries have failed, but you can take the safe to get opened, normally the reason you have a safe is that it's a fixed (bolted to the floor or wall)secure object.

luckily you have the most crappiest, cheapest Chinese safe,same as mine, easy!!!! the lock under the front cover drills out in a second, start with a small drill bit, getting bigger, untill the lock metal fails, the lock will chisel off, it's the cheapest white metal, or take it to the local Thai guy for 50baht to do, once the safe is open, undo the back cover on the door held on with 4 screws, a replacement lock "wait for it" is all of 60baht, make sure the replacement lock has the same length reach arm to hit the latch lever.

Next time bolt it down inside your car,that way when the batteries die you can drive it around to get it fixed. or bolt it to a paving slab and just take the slab with you when you move, or as a favor it'll store your small safe in my bigger safe, cos i've got my bigger safe stored in my mates large safe and yes he stores his large safe in his car,irony ah

i've got a blind thai welding mate, but i cant understand why he can't see, it's a myth that staring into the arc light can blind you, or so he says, he's also got a finger-less electrician brother, yes you've guest it, electricity is not dangerous, no need to turn off.or so he says.

follow those easy steps and you'll open and repair the safe for 60 baht wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

Are you renting your place here? If so, what about the property manager/landlord? They would have spare keys.

Considering you have your passport inside, maybe some cash as well, (both paper) you may have to go with drilling and a hack-saw.

Edited by NamKangMan

get a hammer and 1/2 steel rod , give the center of the lock a wack hard, the lock will brake ,put your litter finger in the lock hole ,turn your finger to the left till you feil the bar ,if not get right first time try again turn knob door will oper

get a hammer and 1/2 steel rod , give the center of the lock a wack hard, the lock will brake ,put your litter finger in the lock hole ,turn your finger to the left till you feil the bar ,if not get right first time try again turn knob door will oper

exactly right, sorry i forgot to mention how to access the inner latch, then turn the open turn knob on the front door whilst pressing the inner latch down, as you know the locks are so cheap they just shatter when hit, again spot on advicethumbsup.gif