Wine From Uk

miksguevara

Once coming back from Germany, they had a baggage scanner outside the green channel. Saw someone got fined 8,000 for an extra bottle. No haggling, under the table, nothing. He had to pay against receipt.

sent from my Android phone

Alcohol and tobacco are easy to detect and easy for customs to pounce upon, other items which ought to be dutiable are often overlooked or if declared allowed through.

It's also important to note that there is no official way of paying duty on over-limit alcohol and ciggies even by going through the red channel.

a few years ago my mate took 6 bottles of Red in his suitcase. Wrapped in bubble wrap, all OK, didn't get stopped and had a good time drinking them!

It's a risk as he's also been caught at LHR with 12 sleeves of B&H that were in his suitcase and were taken from him!

Win & lose!

a few years ago my mate took 6 bottles of Red in his suitcase. Wrapped in bubble wrap, all OK, didn't get stopped and had a good time drinking them!

It's a risk as he's also been caught at LHR with 12 sleeves of B&H that were in his suitcase and were taken from him!

Win & lose!

Why the hell would he bring red from the UK to here when it's cheaper here anyway....... he must understand smuggling!!!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Plenty of wine and spirits on sale in Bangkok. No need to bring from the UK.

High Import duty though! makes a mediocre cheap wine,quite expensive.

Plato plonk is very good - and available here in Thailand

After you! biggrin.png

Plenty of wine and spirits on sale in Bangkok. No need to bring from the UK.

High Import duty though! makes a mediocre cheap wine,quite expensive.

Plato plonk is very good - and available here in Thailand

After you! biggrin.png

duty free savings??..ok one time it was worth while but either the prices have gone up or the retailer margins have....just not worth the hassle for saving a couple of hundred baht when flying.

Good Aussie red in Thailand is the same price within cents of that in Australia...seen similar labels in duty free at similar prices.

Best duty free deals on hard liquor seems to be at Thai borders ... Langkawi ( a duty free Malaysian island) customs is hot and cold on tourists ..... there are a lot of black bags of stuff coming off the ferries to be stashed in the customs backroom....TIT

As an aside .....duty free cosmetics on board airlines are very well priced..best deal going ,one assumes they are the genuine article.

For what it's worth, Glenfiddich isn't that much more expensive in Thailand than in the UK. In the UK it's about GBP 32 for 70 cl of the 12 year old, and 2,070 Baht (approx GBP 42) in Villa supermarket. The price differential is much worse for decent quality wine, so, in my opinion, it always makes more sense to bring wine rather than spirits. I usually pack a bottle of champagne in my suitcase.

Alcohol and tobacco are easy to detect and easy for customs to pounce upon, other items which ought to be dutiable are often overlooked or if declared allowed through.

It's also important to note that there is no official way of paying duty on over-limit alcohol and ciggies even by going through the red channel.

Last time I came at Suvarnabhumi, I was asked by a customs official to pass all my luggage through an x-ray scanner. Fortunately, I never brought any alcohol with me, and he just politely thanked me and let me go. I have heard of numerous people getting caught while bringing alcohol back... not worth it, IMHO.

One or the other. That is it.

The other one has to be in vivo, if you want to take both... whistling.gif

Good point...have a dram on the plane! biggrin.png

Not likely, before you enter the plane they take your in vivo bottle of you.

ermm.gifermm.gifermm.gif your Latin need a little work ?

Edited by roamer

Win & lose!

Why the hell would he bring red from the UK to here when it's cheaper here anyway....... he must understand smuggling!!!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I dont think it is cheaper? not compared to uk prices? thanks for advice I will grab a bottle of red...the missus likes it