Leptin

robblok

I have been reading a little about this hormone. It is secreted by the fat in the belly and buttocks. It should signal we have eaten enough and regulate the metabolic rate. Its the master hormone.

I will write more as i learn more but it is interesting.

I have always been curious how much the body can regulate the metabolic rate. Especially because some guys can eat so much more as me with the same or less activity levels.

I read studies it can be up to 20% between the upper and lower ranges. I just try to find out what can change it.

I have once taken cytomel but it never made a 20% difference. I think it would be closer to 5% difference if that.

Just google it and contribute and give your guys idea's about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Dr. Jack Kruse has a whole regimen, which is fairly high protein low carb, with timed out meals, that supposedly helps to reset the leptin. Mark Sisson also talks about it. I might try it out, it seems to match what I do. IIRC, it also promotes intermittent fasting, which I have used successively in the past. I actually IF once or twice a week....heard that it helps to jar the metabolism...

• 2 months later...

From what i've read, leptin seems to be the biggest factor in obesity or at least among the biggest.

To reset leptin, I believe many advocate eating less frequently which is contrary to popular belief and also limiting sugars, processed junk and exposure to toxins as they are big contributing factors to inflammation which can have a negative impact on leptin receptors.

I have read the guys book and im not 100% in agreement. I am sure what he writes is mainly true but i feel like with every diet and way of thinking they all say they are right and feel they are 100% right. I feel that there is truth in what he says and writes but there are other ways and other things too. The guy is a bit too much of an anti medicine guy for my taste.

Anyway i take from all the schools of thinking what i think is right, mainly they all agree about sugars (take less of them) and carbs (don't eat too many of them).