Re-Entry Desk At Dm

rskdev

Just found this: http://www.airportth...lename=map___EN

The bottom line about re-entry permits I take to mean that in emergencies you can contact an immigration officer who then can give a re-entry permit. (At airports they officially only give a re-entry permit in case of an emergency).

Note that the information is copied by AOT and not entirely correct!

I would also be interested in finding out whether the re-entry permit can be applied for at DMK....

If anyone is travelling out through DMK in the next couple of days, and has a few minutes to politely ask immigration staff - can you please report back with procedure/location/price any other information?

SVB

I'm heading to Yangon today - will try and get a re-entry permit sorted at DMK immigration on the way out.

First time doing this. I have:

- TM8 form

- photocopies of passport, visa, last entry stamp

- passport photo

- THB1000

Have I missed anything/any pointers?

Will post back later to update whether it is possible or not.

SVB

I can confirm that there is a re-entry office at Don Meuang.

Checked in for Air Asia flight, went through to Immigration (at least 14 counters open, no queues)

In the middle just beyond the immigration counters is a large office with glass windows, and a sign that says Overstays and Re-entry.

• Like 2

Checked in for Air Asia flight, went through to Immigration (at least 14 counters open, no queues)

In the middle just beyond the immigration counters is a large office with glass windows, and a sign that says Overstays and Re-entry.

Thanks for the confirmation and have a nice trip. But funny it is behind passport controll. I suggest making clear one wants a re-entry permit at passport controll itself.

Thanks for the confirmation and have a nice trip. But funny it is behind passport controll. I suggest making clear one wants a re-entry permit at passport controll itself.

To clarify - I approached one immigration officer who was walking up and down just outside the counter entries. Explained I wanted re-entry, and he gestured to the office, opened a chained barrier, and walked me through. It is only a couple of metres behind the immigration counters, and clearly visible as soon as you walk into the immigration area. Can't miss it.

3800 baht for multiple entries, I suppose? Single entry should be around 1000 baht, isn't it?

Yes to both of those. Wasn't sure why I thought there might be some difference in pricing doing a last-minute re-entry at DMK - but the prices are as per normal.

I guess the main positive is that this can be done at DMK, and is a confirmed thing - we were all just guessing before.

• 1 month later...

As the sign reportedly says "Overstay and re-entry permit" I suspect it is open 24 hours a day.

Thanks for your reply.

I do not recall seeing the details 24 hrs a day at Suvarnabumi.

To be sure: this is a thread about Don Muang so my reply is regarding DM, not Suvanaphoom.

Opening hours for Suv. are per above post from Lopburi.

• 3 weeks later...

Do they have digital camera or do i have to bring my own photo? 1 or 2 photos?

Good that it is confirmed that they are open 24/7 as my flight leaves at 6 am

Likewise....hope it is true and reliable as 24/7, I have 6am flight also, so will be looking for their smiling faces at circa 5am

Little bit worrisome as why would swampy...the major airport, only be 6am to midnight and Don Muang...the minor airport...24/7 ??

Edited by Humbugged

Good thread.

Was just about to try call Immigration in Chaeng Wattana about this as I only today got visa to country I want to go on Friday!

And I cannot waste the time and money from work to go tomorrow to Chaeng Wattana.

Last week I was at Don Mueng and saw the re-entry room, strangely behind the passport control and it was staffed. But forgot to ask that is it open and do they give it out to someone like me who lives in Bangkok and is supposed to waste his time in Chaeng Wattana for these things.

Thanks Thaivisa peeps!

• 3 weeks later...

Can confirm it works at 5amish....staff even more pleasant at that time than usual....except the first cow at the passport control that tried to give me a hard time for my sons overstay of circa 3 years.

All over and done in about 15 minutes....

• 1 month later...