Abc News/washington Post Poll: Obama Leading Romney Ahead Of First Debate

News_Editor

Were you offended when Obama returned the Churchill bust? Now...THAT's a real insult to the British people.

I would have been, had he actually done it. But since this was another hysterical tea party lie, I wasn't.

20120727-churchill.jpg

President Barack Obama shows Prime Minister David Cameron of the United Kingdom a bust of Sir Winston Churchill in the private residence of the White House, July 20, 2010. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

See Ulysses G post before this one. Once again, you have been proven wrong about American politics.

There were two busts in the White House. The one in the Oval office is the original and was returned as I stated.

The original bust is being held in the UK Embassy in DC in the event a future President has enough respect for the UK to request it back.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will soon be very clearly how blatantly Romney lied about the very popular preexisting feature of Obamacare. He tried to fool the viewers that such people are safe if Obamacare is abolished. But he failed to expose his actual position, which is to NOT stop insurance companies from rejecting new applications from people with preexisting conditions.

Edited by Jingthing

Were you offended when Obama returned the Churchill bust? Now...THAT's a real insult to the British people.

I would have been, had he actually done it. But since this was another hysterical tea party lie, I wasn't.

20120727-churchill.jpg

President Barack Obama shows Prime Minister David Cameron of the United Kingdom a bust of Sir Winston Churchill in the private residence of the White House, July 20, 2010. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

See Ulysses G post before this one. Once again, you have been proven wrong about American politics.

There were two busts in the White House. The one in the Oval office is the original and was returned as I stated.

The original bust is being held in the UK Embassy in DC in the event a future President has enough respect for the UK to request it back.

Sorry mate, I showed you the photograph here. There no story here and no Britons were offended. They were, however, offended by Romney's crass comments.

Nothing to see here, move along now.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Thaivisa Connect App

Burning clean coal ? blink.png Increasing military spending by 2 trillion ? Cracking down on China ' when they get out of line ' . Hahaha ! Please ! cheesy.gif

In the next 2 rounds I expect Romney to be gutted and put on a spit.

Obama doesn't have to say too much really. Just let the bumbling idiot bumble. Classic ! rolleyes.gif

One liberal moderator just said that Obama seemed defensive. He kept looking down, would not look at Romney and often looked dour. That was my impression too.

Obama's base loves that. Romney does not deserve respect for what he is trying to do. Kill Obamacare. Trash Medicare. Not trade one dollar of revenue for ten dollars of cuts.

It will soon be very clearly how blatantly Romney lied about the very popular preexisting feature of Obamacare. He tried to fool the viewers that such people are safe if Obamacare is abolished. But he failed to expose his actual position, which is to NOT stop insurance companies from rejecting new applications from people with preexisting conditions.

But how many of the swaying voters will bother delving into the accuracy of both participants? I reckon that will have swayed more to Romney than Obama.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by Chicog

20120727-churchill.jpg

Sorry mate, I showed you the photograph here. There no story here and no Britons were offended. They were, however, offended by Romney's crass comments.

Nothing to see here, move along now.

Brits weren't even offended when for the Queen's birthday Obama gave her a DVD of his greatest speeches (in NTSC format of course).

Obama looked like crap in the debate tonight. Luckily for Obama he has two more opportunities to get back in the game.

All that matters is the swing states where Obama already leads. Targeted ads highlighting Romney's lies. If Romney people think this debate turns around the swing states, which means the election, they are in for a big disappointment.

This is true. As I said, one good debate win by Romney can't win this election when he appears already buried. Both men appeared Presidential and civil, with one exception when Romney made a nasty freeloader reference to Obama enjoying his free house and plane.

Brits weren't even offended when for the Queen's birthday Obama gave her a DVD of his greatest speeches (in NTSC format of course).

Most DVD players now are multiformat. I expect the Queen has a nice Sony Bluray so she can watch 101 Corgis.

smile.png

All that matters is the swing states where Obama already leads.

Voters in the swing states watched the debate too. wink.png

Yeah, but the undecided swing voters are mostly Low information voter slackers who couldn't really give a toss about it.

• Like 1

All that matters is the swing states where Obama already leads.

Voters in the swing states watched the debate too. wink.png

Yeah, but the undecided swing voters are mostly Low information voter slackers who couldn't really give a toss about it.

Undecided voters usually vote for the challenger this late in the game and Romney's debate performance was a doozy.

• Like 1

Just listened to the debate live on the radio.

I was very surprised at the performances, Romney much better than I expected and Obama, I felt, was indifferent, even hesitant at times. I'd be surprised if R doesn't get a significant boost from this.

Just listened to the debate live on the radio.

I was very surprised at the performances, Romney much better than I expected and Obama, I felt, was indifferent, even hesitant at times. I'd be surprised if R doesn't get a significant boost from this.

I can't remember specifically which presidential debate it was in the past, but I've seen it before where the incumbent often feels threatened and entitled to remain in office and comes across badly in the first debate.