Applying For Non Immigrant Visa In Penang

i want to go to penang and apply for a non immigrant multiple entry visa but am not sure how to gp about it . what requirements do i need. and i heard there is a street that has many agents that will help me with this in penang. where is that street. and is it worth it to get help. how long does it take to receive it. and do i go to the consulate or the embassy? do i really need alot of money in a thai bank account? a medical report? criminal report? etc. would it be easier going to another country to apply?

im sure this has all been discussed before but its all new to me.

thanks for any help

well heres some more info. yes i want a multiple entry. and a type O. ultimatly i want to get a retirement visa. so i have to get the non immigrant first. any info would be much appreciated. thank you all

Re retirement visa:

How old are you and what nationality?

well heres some more info. yes i want a multiple entry. and a type O. ultimatly i want to get a retirement visa.  so i have to get the non immigrant first.  any info would be much appreciated. thank you all

I went to Penang for the same reason in December 2003 and wrote a trip report on how it went.

Search on my exact name, 'Any Date' and click on the thread entitled:

Thai Embassy Penang

Non-Imm 'O' Visa

Hope that helps

well heres some more info. yes i want a multiple entry. and a type O. ultimatly i want to get a retirement visa.  so i have to get the non immigrant first.  any info would be much appreciated. thank you all

Re retirement visa:

How old are you and what nationality?

hi george

i am 53 from the usa. i have received some great info on all this. anything you can add would be appreciated. thanks alot

Joesohum.

It's a breeze to get a Non. Immigrant 'O' single entry 90 day in Penang, I did this last week. Forget about any "Agents".

Go to the Consulate by taxi at 09:00 and you can pick it up the next working day at 14:00. Tell them this is a precursor for a retirement visa.

They will want to see a 'Thai bank letter' showing a reasonable amount of Baht in a local bank , 200,000 would be nice. ( They don't worry about the full Bt. 800,000 until you go for the 12 month extension in Thailand which you do about a month before your 90 day is due to expire).

Cost was R.M. 200 ( Bt. 2,000 ) in local currency, so make sure you have the Malaysian currency.

No other papers were required other than passport and the filled in form plus 2 photo's.

Sorry I cannot comment on multi entries as I had no interest in them.

Naka.

Joesohum.

It's a breeze to get a Non. Immigrant 'O' single entry 90 day in Penang, I did this last week. Forget about any "Agents".

Go to the Consulate by taxi at 09:00 and you can pick it up the next working day at 14:00. Tell them this is a precursor for a retirement visa.

They will want to see a 'Thai bank letter' showing a reasonable amount of Baht in a local bank , 200,000 would be nice. ( They don't worry about the full Bt. 800,000 until you go for the 12 month extension in Thailand which you do about a month before your 90 day is due to expire).

Cost was R.M. 200 ( Bt. 2,000 ) in local currency, so make sure you have the Malaysian currency.

No other papers were required other than passport and the filled in form plus 2 photo's.

Sorry I cannot comment on multi entries as I had no interest in them.

Naka.

hi naka

thats great news. thanks for the info. one question is that my passport expires november 04. do and i know i need at least 1 and 1/2 year validity on my passport to get the retirement visa. do you know if i need that on the non immigrant O as well. im planning on renewing my passport here in thailand. but not till i really need to.

thanks again

sincerely joe

Joesohum.

Yes, you need 18 months validity for retirement visa, so not much

point getting a Non 'O' visa in a passport that's going to expire this year otherwise

you are going to have to start all over again with a new 90 day 'O' !

when you renew your passport.

Naka.