2013 Platinum Px250 Enduro 67,000B

NomadJoe

When you start talking about drilling random holes in a brake drum of a brand new bike, you have to conclude that you bought the wrong bike.

Why not buy a bike with the right brakes for the job? Which has more power, more torque and costs half as much?

With the money left over you can buy a road bike to get you work when you have broken the fun bike, that way the lack of green book is not an issue for trips into the city. I just picked up a mint Wave for 15,000 baht.

No owner of the Platinum has talked about such nonsense smile.png

You already bought your Shineray, a bike "Which has more power, more torque and costs half as much"? Why not open a Shineray thread and show some pictures of your mud parties?

A bike without greenbook is worth nothing for me. If Shineray gets their bikes legal then i may would consider one for their current price.

Wooooow, I didn't say i had bought a Shineray, but am thinking about it.

Normally I would agree with you about needing a green book, but I think a dirt bike, or scrambler as we used to call them, is different and I live in Isaan, so can still ride it throughout the countryside too, leaving my much more suitable Honda Wave for the city..

If you are talking about a proper Enduro for expedition use, then no Chinese bike is worth a fart. So it begs the question what is the Platinum for? It sure as hell ain't what it professes to be, an Enduro, well only if it is dark, you squint, sit on it and dream of being in the Paris-Dakar.

If you just want to have scream in the mud, spend 32k and have some fun on a Shiteray.

2+ years on my Chinese Enduro. It takes a lot of abuse and I still don't know how many farts it's worth. However it will beat the hell out of your Wave. In town or out.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

Put some knobbies on your Wave and just do your personal "wet and muddy Paris-Dakar". No need saving money for cheap chinese bikes at all. An old Wave and a Phantom can do it all. Close your eyes and dream you are on a KLX or on a Harley. Some Carabao music may help too laugh.png

Okay, you win, it is a great bike....giggle.gif

I don't really like the Phantom. But yes, many people like it. And as the Wave and the CRF, its a Honda. It will never ever break. So you can choose: Knobbies on the Wave or the Phantom. Or just start with cross-country running in flipflops. Maybe the cheapest option... whistling.gif

Don't seem to be getting much feedback on this thread from the platinum owners it's funny people that buy these bikes seem to come on here and boast what a great bike it is when they have hit 1000 km problem free ,then we never seem to hear from them again.

I'd like to see some pictures of these bikes in the mud and being abused ,I have a feelin people that buy these bikes don't really take them off road at all I find if they don't want to spend the money on a decent bike they also don't want to spend the money on all the safety gear you need to go off roading ,therefore they mostly just get used puttering around town.

Don't seem to be getting much feedback on this thread from the platinum owners it's funny people that buy these bikes seem to come on here and boast what a great bike it is when they have hit 1000 km problem free ,then we never seem to hear from them again.

I'd like to see some pictures of these bikes in the mud and being abused ,I have a feelin people that buy these bikes don't really take them off road at all I find if they don't want to spend the money on a decent bike they also don't want to spend the money on all the safety gear you need to go off roading ,therefore they mostly just get used puttering around town.

Yep, people come here in good temper and want to have some fun talking about their bikes and share ideas for tinkering with them. And than they meet all these china hater grinches. So these clever guys simply leave and have some fun elsewhere. Not hard to understand imo coffee1.gif Edited by wantan

Yep, people come here in good temper and want to have some fun talking about their bikes and share ideas for tinkering with them. And than they meet all these china hater grinches. So these clever guys simply leave and have some fun elsewhere. Not hard to understand imo coffee1.gif

exactly.all the China haters should open their own China hate fest thread and stop polluting the other china related treads.

We all know your opinions about chinese bikes by now and you guys just sound like a broken record. repeating the same shit over and over and over again . Everybody knows the quality of their honda or kawasaki is superior to the chinese bikes but some people have other reasons for buying a motorbike then they have and they just can't see that .

Funny that there don't seem too many ducati or bmw riders here slagging of the chinese products. it seems to be the "cheapo" cbr 250, crf and cbr 500 riders that hate even cheaper chinese bikes the most.

over and out

The main difference I notice between these threads and other bike specific threads is that on the other threads people report and explain the problems or failures they have had ,obviously any bike that you take off road and throw around is gonna have problems and bits fall off but we never seem to hear from the owners of these bikes or a couple of the owners that do post just claim that they have had two years trouble free off roading which I find quite impossible to believe as even a high end motocross bike used off road is gonna have a few problems if used how it's supposed to be used.

Well I have bust off my mirrors, and had a few flats. The non stock rear knobby tire I added caused me to buy a longer chain. When it rains hard I get water in the exhaust if I leave the bike outside, something I have been to lazy to adjust. Mainly because I have been meaning to get an aftermarket pipe.

And I made a fairly extensive report about my front wheel bearing seizing because the shop was incompetent, when I suggested there was a problem.

Not trouble free, but I was not expecting a 47k dirtbike, to be a work of art. And I have mentioned all of this through different posts. Except the mirrors.

Yep, people come here in good temper and want to have some fun talking about their bikes and share ideas for tinkering with them. And than they meet all these china hater grinches. So these clever guys simply leave and have some fun elsewhere. Not hard to understand imo

exactly.all the China haters should open their own China hate fest thread and stop polluting the other china related treads.

We all know your opinions about chinese bikes by now and you guys just sound like a broken record. repeating the same shit over and over and over again . Everybody knows the quality of their honda or kawasaki is superior to the chinese bikes but some people have other reasons for buying a motorbike then they have and they just can't see that .

Funny that there don't seem too many ducati or bmw riders here slagging of the chinese products. it seems to be the "cheapo" cbr 250, crf and cbr 500 riders that hate even cheaper chinese bikes the most.

over and out

Yes i dont lime chinese bikes, lets say all crappy bikes that puts the lives and your wallet in danger.

I state my opinions here as a warning for newbies in Thailand want to ride a two wheeler as some people are not aware of the differences between a chinese bike or a recognized maker.

Chinese are favoured by cheap charlies does not know what they are doing except a couple of brave guys that bought them to test here.

Pokerkid, do you buy a bike in your home country from tesco or wal mart?

And yes reality bites ass so i can understand your pain:lol:

Edited by loserlazer

Well I have bust off my mirrors, and had a few flats. The non stock rear knobby tire I added caused me to buy a longer chain. When it rains hard I get water in the exhaust if I leave the bike outside, something I have been to lazy to adjust. Mainly because I have been meaning to get an aftermarket pipe.

And I made a fairly extensive report about my front wheel bearing seizing because the shop was incompetent, when I suggested there was a problem.

Not trouble free, but I was not expecting a 47k dirtbike, to be a work of art. And I have mentioned all of this through different posts. Except the mirrors.

Yes Cannock you are one of the more honest posters who tells the truth about the bike and sees it for what it is ,others just want to claim there bike is totally superior to the the other offerings and claim two years no problems is just childish bs imo

Yep, people come here in good temper and want to have some fun talking about their bikes and share ideas for tinkering with them. And than they meet all these china hater grinches. So these clever guys simply leave and have some fun elsewhere. Not hard to understand imo

over and out

Yes i dont lime chinese bikes, lets say all crappy bikes that puts the lives and your wallet in danger.

I state my opinions here as a warning for newbies in Thailand want to ride a two wheeler as some people are not aware of the differences between a chinese bike or a recognized maker.

Chinese are favoured by cheap charlies does not know what they are doing except a couple of brave guys that bought them to test here.

Pokerkid, do you buy a bike in your home country from tesco or wal mart?

And yes reality bites ass so i can understand your pain:lol:

please do explain what reality bites my ass.

i never bought a chinese bike and maybe i never will. I just get fed up with your posts repeating the same bullcrap over and over again .

The main difference I notice between these threads and other bike specific threads is that on the other threads people report and explain the problems or failures they have had ,obviously any bike that you take off road and throw around is gonna have problems and bits fall off but we never seem to hear from the owners of these bikes or a couple of the owners that do post just claim that they have had two years trouble free off roading which I find quite impossible to believe as even a high end motocross bike used off road is gonna have a few problems if used how it's supposed to be used.

What do you mean... used as they are supposed to be used? Does that mean people who buy high performance motorcycles should ride them at speeds in excess of 300 km/hr? Does it mean that people who buy 250 enduro motorbikes are supposed to jump over cliffs and down mountain trails?

Many people, myself included, just want a motorbike that doesn't cost a fortune and actually FEELS like a motorbike and not a scooter. I have no interest in racing or jumping over logs and screaming down dirt trails. But, I like riding my Kawasaki 250 motard on the roads and highways, but with a little bit of trail riding included. Many people new to Thailand are a bit reluctant to spend 160,000 baht when they can get something similar for about 60,000 baht. That is where the Chinese knockoffs come in. If they need a bit of extra maintenance then so be it.

^

must just be me then but I would have thought if you buy an off road bike you would want to use it off road can't really think why you would even by an off road bike if you want to ride on concrete all day .

No people that buy high performance bikes should not ride at 300 km/r on the public road but they can take them to the track to wring their neck because that's what there for.

Yes people that buy a 250 enduro should get out on mountain trails again bit silly to buy an enduro if you are not gonna use it for what it was designed for,after all that is why we have all these different bikes available so you can buy one that suits your needs and requirements.............

Jeez these owners of Chinese cheapies are a touchy bunch aren't you......

Edited by taninthai

^

must just be me then but I would have thought if you buy an off road bike you would want to use it off road can't really think why you would even by an off road bike if you want to ride on concrete all day .

No people that buy high performance bikes should not ride at 300 km/r on the public road but they can take them to the track to wring their neck because that's what there for.

Yes people that buy a 250 enduro should get out on mountain trails again bit silly to buy an enduro if you are not gonna use it for what it was designed for,after all that is why we have all these different bikes available so you can buy one that suits your needs and requirements.............

this is exactly the type of silly statement that proves what i was saying before:

quote "but some people have other reasons for buying a motorbike then they have and they just can't see that"

Do you mind explaining what's so silly about my post then, you wouldn't buy an r1 just to do your local 7/11 run because that's not what they are designed for ,I font see anything silly about buying a bike for the conditions you want to ride it in .however buying a bike to use it for something it was not designed or intended to be used for is plain silly imo

^

No, the owners of Chinese cheapies are not necessarily a touchy bunch. Some just don't have the money to buy 4 or 5 different bikes for specific purposes. I would say that 95% of all riders in Thailand could get by with a 125 scooter for most if not all of their riding. That doesn't mean we can't enjoy a bike with more power and a different feel. I think most riders would prefer to buy a high end BMW if they could afford it, but for those of us in Thailand for 4 to 6 months of the year it doesn't make sense. I'm female and far past the time when I have to prove I'm more man than a man. That is for silly little boys who want to compare the size of their wienies. I'm more than happy with my 250 Kawasaki motard. It suits me perfectly even after trying the Honda 250 CBR which was a better highway bike. Had I not been able to find a D-Tracker motard in good condition and low KMs then I might have been tempted with a new Chinese bike. But, I'll let someone else learn the good and bad of the cheaper bikes. Someday the Chinese will learn the error of their ways and produce a high quality motorcycle.

Do you mind explaining what's so silly about my post then, you wouldn't buy an r1 just to do your local 7/11 run because that's not what they are designed for ,I font see anything silly about buying a bike for the conditions you want to ride it in .however buying a bike to use it for something it was not designed or intended to be used for is plain silly imo

just look at any big city anywhere in the world and you see hundreds of enduro style bikes being used every day to commute. Bikes that will never be driven in the dirt and mud.

not everyone is living in the "taninthai universe" where it makes sense to by such and such bike for this and that purpose.

my point is that you don't see or want to see that.

^

No, the owners of Chinese cheapies are not necessarily a touchy bunch. Some just don't have the money to buy 4 or 5 different bikes for specific purposes. I would say that 95% of all riders in Thailand could get by with a 125 scooter for most if not all of their riding. That doesn't mean we can't enjoy a bike with more power and a different feel. I think most riders would prefer to buy a high end BMW if they could afford it, but for those of us in Thailand for 4 to 6 months of the year it doesn't make sense. I'm female and far past the time when I have to prove I'm more man than a man. That is for silly little boys who want to compare the size of their wienies. I'm more than happy with my 250 Kawasaki motard. It suits me perfectly even after trying the Honda 250 CBR which was a better highway bike. Had I not been able to find a D-Tracker motard in good condition and low KMs then I might have been tempted with a new Chinese bike. But, I'll let someone else learn the good and bad of the cheaper bikes. Someday the Chinese will learn the error of their ways and produce a high quality motorcycle.

That's why there are motards - enduro riders realized that their bikes are great in city traffic, high, quick enough to pass, nimble to maneuver. The logical step was to put street rubber on, but since there's not much available for 21"/18" rims they switched to 17ers.

I had a XR650L and a DR650SE hich I hardlt ecer took into the dirt. They're perfect for the city and stong enough for short trips. I put Pirelli MT60s on them and they felt just fine.

I don't think the Chinese will ever learn and produce a high quality motorcycle. Or not in my lifetime. It takes a certain mindset and cultural background to build quality, no wonder the Japanese and germans build the most reliable engines. Brits and Italians try, Americans don't do well and rebadge Japanese cars, and how many countries don't even try? I'd go Korean or even Malaysian before I'd buy Chinese, they have proven themselves to a certain degree, but I'd always take Japanese over other Asian products, no question.

just look at any big city anywhere in the world and you see hundreds of enduro style bikes being used every day to commute. Bikes that will never be driven in the dirt and mud.

not everyone is living in the "taninthai universe" where it makes sense to by such and such bike for this and that purpose.

Ok I look at two big cities the two I'm most familiar with are London and Bangkok ,sorry I see the majority of bikes are scooters because they are the easiest things to get around on and park.I rode in london for 10 years would I buy a bike with noobly tires for london no completely pointless that's why I bought a road bike.

I've never seen you make a constructive post on here everypost is picking fault with posters and their posts ,what bike do you you ride in Thailand.

Rene123

You said you don't like tearing down dirt trails jumping over logs you like riding on highways and roads with a little soft trails,that's why you bought the d tracker ,would have been stupid of you to buy the klx so you prove my point for me with your choice of bike,I'm sure if you prefered trails to concrete the klx would have been your choice

^

250 Kawasaki motard in good condition and low KMs

OK Rene, unless your 6 foot or more tall, how is that bike an ideal bike for a woman to ride? Wouldn't a small cruiser be better?

I don't think the Chinese will ever learn and produce a high quality motorcycle. Or not in my lifetime. It takes a certain mindset and cultural background to build quality, no wonder the Japanese and germans build the most reliable engines.

3a739bdfa22123fb9df408c859b906b9.gif

What do you mean... used as they are supposed to be used? Does that mean people who buy high performance motorcycles should ride them at speeds in excess of 300 km/hr? Does it mean that people who buy 250 enduro motorbikes are supposed to jump over cliffs and down mountain trails?

Many people, myself included, just want a motorbike that doesn't cost a fortune and actually FEELS like a motorbike and not a scooter. I have no interest in racing or jumping over logs and screaming down dirt trails. But, I like riding my Kawasaki 250 motard on the roads and highways, but with a little bit of trail riding included. Many people new to Thailand are a bit reluctant to spend 160,000 baht when they can get something similar for about 60,000 baht. That is where the Chinese knockoffs come in. If they need a bit of extra maintenance then so be it.

rene, i think you still do not understand, we do not count Chinese as proper bikes.

Besides, if you buy a Chinese bike, it will cost you more while owning it and while selling it, why do not people want to understand that?

On top of that, you have to ask yourself and post here the answer : 'why did you buy a kawasaki d tracker than instead of a Chinese knock off?

Now you are leaving and can sell your d tracker nearly for the same price and i am sure you spent nothing on repairs right?

another opinion from the biggest china hater here on this forum. Please let us know how you come up with all this stuff. what is it based on.

I see a lot of second hand dtrackers go for 100.000 baht. that is a more then a 50.000 baht write of.

Ok I look at two big cities the two I'm most familiar with are London and Bangkok ,sorry I see the majority of bikes are scooters because they are the easiest things to get around on and park.I rode in london for 10 years would I buy a bike with noobly tires for london no completely pointless that's why I bought a road bike.

I've never seen you make a constructive post on here everypost is picking fault with posters and their posts ,what bike do you you ride in Thailand.

obviously not a chinese bike