2013 Platinum Px250 Enduro 67,000B

NomadJoe

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

see can't help yourselfs talking about jap bikes again

Don't want to keep talking about the jap bikes but they sell thousands here we have 5/6 crap Chinese bikes sold and everyone has a problem

There is nothing else to talk about with these bikes apart from the problems they have ,that's why you all end up then taking about jap bikes in what is supposed to be a platinum thread

Tell me I'm wrong

Yes, sure you talked about Chinese in a Platinum tread, Platinum is Made in Thailand. And while I'm not a big fan of them, and I'm a bit skeptic about the quality they are not Chinese made.

In Thailand to get the Made in Thailand label the product needs to be assembled for at least 80% of parts produced in Thaland.

Honestly interested: Where can i see such "Made in Thailand" label on the PX250? And do you have a source for the information about "80% of the parts have to be produced in Thailand to call it Made in Thailand"? Seems to be different in many countries. E.g. EU law says that a product can be called "Made in Germany" if the last work on the product has beeen done in Germany. Even if only 10% of the parts it is made of are produced in Germany. The EU may change this to 45% in future, but this would be still far away from 80%.

http://en.wikipedia....untry_of_origin

http://www.spiegel.d...k-a-809300.html

"EU Commissioner Algirdas Semeta plans to restrict the sought-after "Made in Germany" label to products where at least 45 percent of the value content comes from Germany. Until now, EU rules defined the country of origin as the place where "the last substantial, economically justified processing" took place."

guys i will put no more input into this site, it has sadly been spoiled by certain degenerates (from a honda and a platinum owner thanks for the good info posted by normal brains)

No problem. I guess everyone understands this. Moderators already have given up to act in the ThaiVisa bike forum laugh.png

Have a good time and fun while riding your bike. Life is too short to waste it. Hope you will come back one day and tell us more. Good or bad, everything is interesting and may help others to make the right decision.

wai.gif

guys i will put no more input into this site, it has sadly been spoiled by certain degenerates (from a honda and a platinum owner thanks for the good info posted by normal brains)

No problem. I guess everyone understands this. Moderators already have given up to act in the ThaiVisa bike forum laugh.png

Have a good time and fun while riding your bike. Life is too short to waste it. Hope you will come back one day and tell us more. Good or bad, everything is interesting and may help others to make the right decision.

wai.gif

You can't just leave......that's not the right thing to do. Be a lurker if you must, and pop-up in the future with your own Platinum thread. Give updates in 6 months or a year say.....OK?

loozerlazer

very sad individual

May I ask you not to give up? Just send in a news update about your experiences with your motorbike. I am sure that many people are interested in the progress of your bike over the years....I am. The problem is only that as soon if you call the name Platium, Keeway, Ryoke, Lifan, Benelli or any other not of the big 4, people start to bash the thread.

When i bought mine motorbike I started the same as you. With good intentions to inform the people about mine motorbike, what I found, how I solved and maintain. After 3 messages I got so tired from defending myself that I stopped it and only keep a close circle of people informed by email.

Sad people, losers, you find every where also here on TV. Just ignore them and let the rest enjoy from your stories.

With regardswai2.gif

All the owners or fans of these crap biked seem more intent on talking about or trying to put down the jap manufactures little strange don't you think.

Cannock talks about doing research before people by these crap things ,well I do research on everything I buy weather it be phones,laptops hotel rooms etc, and funny enough if there are bad reviews/comments on things that I am interested in I steer well clear of them ,not much use doing Market research if your going to ignore the results.

Keep talking about the jap bikes in your Chinese thread after all it pretty clear there is not much else to talk about the Chinese crap apart from the lack of quality control.

There is only 4-5 of you with these bikes

Cannock 6000 km in 2 years hardly well used bike

The guy with the 4 year cruiser doing well

Motocrosser well he is selling his after 1200 km

Ryan wily covered alot of mileage and doing well

And some guy with the orange naked leeway

All these people have had problems with there bikes at some stage or another

There's some really cleaver people about, "And some guy with the orange naked leeway " ?? is that not the px250 ?? is that not what the thread is about??

or certain did people not read the thread title before jumping in on a post

Lmfao seems some people don't even know the difference between some of these bikes ,please make sure you know what your talking about before posting and trying to insult people or you make yourself look stupid.....

All the owners or fans of these crap biked seem more intent on talking about or trying to put down the jap manufactures little strange don't you think.

Cannock talks about doing research before people by these crap things ,well I do research on everything I buy weather it be phones,laptops hotel rooms etc, and funny enough if there are bad reviews/comments on things that I am interested in I steer well clear of them ,not much use doing Market research if your going to ignore the results.

Keep talking about the jap bikes in your Chinese thread after all it pretty clear there is not much else to talk about the Chinese crap apart from the lack of quality control.

There is only 4-5 of you with these bikes

Cannock 6000 km in 2 years hardly well used bike

The guy with the 4 year cruiser doing well

Motocrosser well he is selling his after 1200 km

Ryan wily covered alot of mileage and doing well

And some guy with the orange naked leeway

All these people have had problems with there bikes at some stage or another

There's some really cleaver people about, "And some guy with the orange naked leeway " ?? is that not the px250 ?? is that not what the thread is about??

or certain did people not read the thread title before jumping in on a post

Lmfao seems some people don't even know the difference between some of these bikes ,please make sure you know what your talking about before posting and trying to insult people or you make yourself look stupid.....

Its you stupid idiot who isn't able to write the name Keeway correct on your stupid IPhone whistling.gif

Edited by wantan

loozerlazer

very sad individual

Please don't I am interested to hear how it goes with this bike. I was very seriously considering it,but now getting a new N650. Just ignore the nonsense haters. Many people read and appreciate your input.

^

Lol thread going downhill rapidly too many idiots who only want to hear good things about these bikes ,let me know when you actually find out something good about them.,,.,

YES AND I ONLY SEE ONE, ALONG OTHER THREADS TOO, CAUSING SAME CRAP OOOOOHHH AND ITS YOU FUNNY ENOUGH,

think this thread would do well to have a couple of people leave politely

loozerlazer

very sad individual

May I ask you not to give up? Just send in a news update about your experiences with your motorbike. I am sure that many people are interested in the progress of your bike over the years....I am. The problem is only that as soon if you call the name Platium, Keeway, Ryoke, Lifan, Benelli or any other not of the big 4, people start to bash the thread.

When i bought mine motorbike I started the same as you. With good intentions to inform the people about mine motorbike, what I found, how I solved and maintain. After 3 messages I got so tired from defending myself that I stopped it and only keep a close circle of people informed by email.

Sad people, losers, you find every where also here on TV. Just ignore them and let the rest enjoy from your stories.

With regardswai2.gif

You got so tired i am sure.

But it was you running 380 km from the autobahn right? Accusing people or telling them learn how to brake?

So once you criticize something or soneone you became a loser or degenerate here? Very good. If so yes i am. A degenerate and loser and i ll be so in the land of ignorance and exploding egos on people criticizing these bikes.

You are like kids i am sorry.

Ignorance is a bliss for you guys. You just play in the sandbox and pooh pooh each other how great your platinum is:lol:

Just stay this way.

A total chinese circus and sales assistants:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

I will always fight for someone's right to express an opinion, even if I don't agree with it. Sometimes though, I have to ask myself "Am I in the right fight"!

IMHO you're right. Without dissenting voices, no matter how controversial they are, or how much one disagrees or is irritated with them, the world would be a grey place.

I will always fight for someone's right to express an opinion, even if I don't agree with it. Sometimes though, I have to ask myself "Am I in the right fight"!

IMHO you're right. Without dissenting voices, no matter how controversial they are, or how much one disagrees or is irritated with them, the world would be a grey place.

I disagree

I disagree

And that's OK too!

I disagree

That`s cool, a lot of good men have fought and died so that we can all say what we like.

Hello to all,

Thanks for putting the link to the website, some people still post interesting things :-)

Would love to go see some of these bikes. Would like to purchase one for little off-road (Sunday club style, no FMX style ;-)) and regular road driving to go buy cigarettes or beer ! The Thunder looks amazing ! But is it road legal ? Then I like the PX 250 or eventually the 175. Any recommandation about those bikes for a new Platinum fan ? ;-)

And second, any shops to be recommended in Chiang Mai (city) or evt. Chiang Dao ?

Thanks for any input, cheers and enjoy the start of the new year on your Platinum !

Edited by happysoul

Hello to all,

Thanks for putting the link to the website, some people still post interesting things :-)

Would love to go see some of these bikes. Would like to purchase one for little off-road (Sunday club style, no FMX style ;-)) and regular road driving to go buy cigarettes or beer ! The Thunder looks amazing ! But is it road legal ? Then I like the PX 250 or eventually the 175. Any recommandation about those bikes for a new Platinum fan ? ;-)

And second, any shops to be recommended in Chiang Mai (city) or evt. Chiang Dao ?

Thanks for any input, cheers and enjoy the start of the new year on your Platinum !

there are two shops in Cm that sell these bikes, one on the highway out towards the buss station, and the other almost on the corner of the square of the pantip corner, both owned by the same guy, let me know if ya get one Edited by DEANEBURNE

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Found a shop, the one when coming from the "square", past the railway station, after the Mazda garage on the left side of the road. The bike looked so sweet for the price, couldn't resist to order one ! He will deliver it on the 6th at the room I rent clap2.gif

Took the orange version, 2 years warranty in case of problem (what I understood...) for 59'800.- (don't know if the paper work is also included, will see...).

Deaneburne, are you also in CM ? I'm going back to Chiang Dao (step father house) for a couple days tomorrow, will be back on the 5th (or maybe the 6th but need then to be at the room at 2pm the latest smile.png ) and will start school for a month on the 7th. Could catch up for a beer and see for a ride on a we ?

Cheers

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Found a shop, the one when coming from the "square", past the railway station, after the Mazda garage on the left side of the road. The bike looked so sweet for the price, couldn't resist to order one ! He will deliver it on the 6th at the room I rent clap2.gif

Took the orange version, 2 years warranty in case of problem (what I understood...) for 59'800.- (don't know if the paper work is also included, will see...).

Deaneburne, are you also in CM ? I'm going back to Chiang Dao (step father house) for a couple days tomorrow, will be back on the 5th (or maybe the 6th but need then to be at the room at 2pm the latest smile.png ) and will start school for a month on the 7th. Could catch up for a beer and see for a ride on a we ?

Cheers

You took the same color and warrenty option as me, yes im in Cm so can catch up for a beer anytime, ps change the tires they are lethal standard i have changed them temprary for motard ,Michelin pilots @3000 baht but looking out for some good 50/50s,i have also had the seat scooped out a little so my feet touch the floor,far better ride and comfortable, for 250 baht,,you can email me at if you want to catch up and compare, ([email protected])

OK speedo stopped working today,

went into shop to see mechanic but no one there, spoke to the boss who said come back tomorrow,

I explained to the boss i had had 2 oil changes with his mechanic payed and thought id had it changed, however going elsewhere for 3rd change it was clear that oil had never been changed, my new mechanic at another garage said it was the first change as oil was as black as tar,(that was a couple weeks ago)

so the mechanic had pocketed 180baht twice from me.

explaining this to the boss he put the phone down on me, so i called him back only to have the phone put down on me again,(obviously not interested)

will go tomorrow to see if i can get speedo fixed and will keep you posted,

would i deal with them again 100%not NO AFTERCARE and the same owner owner both shops in Chiang Mai

Edited by DEANEBURNE

Most time the speedo stops is because one of the ends did come lose.

Check the side near the front wheel centre. If lose tighten it. Be careful that the square end fits properly in the part by your wheel centre.

Check the side under the speedo meter.

Both sides put some grease on the wiring and screw the first windings with hand so you can feel resistance.

Tighten both and secure it with less force from a pliers.

About the oil change. Never trust somebody to do this for you. Buy good 4 stroke oil in a shop and change it your self.

Let your engine run for a few minutes. Open the oil inlet. Place a plastic scale under the outlet and unscrew it. The warm oil runs out quickly. When the main part is out the engine. Rotate the engine with the kick starter or start engine, be sure the stop knob is on STOP and activate the clutch and gear pedal regularly.

Check the oil that comes out the engine. Color and viscose of it tells a lot about the state of the engine, also a good habit is it to check with a magnet if there are iron parts in’t. Clean the oil outlet and screw. Screw in the oil screw and tighten it with a spanner. After 5 oil change replace the copper stop washer. Fill the engine with the new oil.

If no problems put the old oil in the can and bring this to a bigger garage for disposal. Oil don’t belong in a canal or sewer.

Regards wai2.gif

Edited by dutchrdam

went into shop to see mechanic but no one there, spoke to the boss who said come back tomorrow,

I explained to the boss i had had 2 oil changes with his mechanic payed and thought id had it changed, however going elsewhere for 3rd change it was clear that oil had never been changed, my new mechanic at another garage said it was the first change as oil was as black as tar,(that was a couple weeks ago)

so the mechanic had pocketed 180baht twice from me.

explaining this to the boss he put the phone down on me, so i called him back only to have the phone put down on me again,(obviously not interested)

will go tomorrow to see if i can get speedo fixed and will keep you posted,

would i deal with them again 100%not NO AFTERCARE and the same owner owner both shops in Chiang Mai

This is the big issue for the non-Jap Asian bikes. They have some big problems with unprofessional dealer support. And this is a real shame because the bikes are worth the price and they are so low tech and easy to maintain and repair. I think it is going to be a few years before we see them sort this issue out. These bike makers seem to be happy to let anyone sell their bikes, while having no established repair and maintenance procedure. This is no way to build a brand. They will never become mainstream until they create a proper dealer network and standardized service.

Edited by canuckamuck

Thanks for the big picture. It is "Made in Thailand", thats what they say smile.png

even if the parts are from China and its built in Thailand then surly the Thais have some form of quality control?

if not do you think they would waste so much money on buying this brand of bike for the Police force ??

Is there quality control? I don't know much about Platinum and how they work, but i guess they are simply too small and sell too cheap for an effective quality control system. You also would need a proper warehousing for it. And well trained mechanics. And of course people who are leading and supervising quality control. The bikes would be much more expensive then.

Thanks for the big picture. It is "Made in Thailand", thats what they say smile.png

even if the parts are from China and its built in Thailand then surly the Thais have some form of quality control?

if not do you think they would waste so much money on buying this brand of bike for the Police force ??

Is there quality control? I don't know much about Platinum and how they work, but i guess they are simply too small and sell too cheap for an effective quality control system. You also would need a proper warehousing for it. And well trained mechanics. And of course people who are leading and supervising quality control. The bikes would be much more expensive then.

Many of the larger companies don't do there own logistic and warehousing. For instance Honda uses Ceva Logistics for worldwide logistics and warehousing. APHonda as Thai motorcycle distributor has its own warehouse, but is supplied by Ceva Logistics. Ceva Logistics is also the partner for Suzuki, all I'm not sure if it's a worldwide arrangement.

Kawasaki has several logistic sister companies that worldwide distribution and logistics, still they have worldwide here and there a contract with a national or international logistic company for the distribution of parts.

Even companies like Siam Michelin, which manufacture tires in Thailand doesn't do the logistic, distribution and warehousing itself.