Rice-Pledging Scheme: Export Deals Done For 7 Million Tonnes, Thai Govt Says

webfact

no countries confirm they bought rice, so did the government just STOLE 7 million tonnes of rice for their own profits?

in a democrazy, are we not entitled to know what the government does ????????

7.000.000 tonnes at 10.000 baht / tonne

isn't that about the same amount thaksin's money was frozen ???

Nice one.

Thai rice commands a premium because of it's perceived quality, but one mustn't let that get in the way of a good bashing session.

Off topic a little, but a couple of my staff, making something more than the disgraceful and catastrophic minimum wage, are also looking forwards to a 100,000 baht rebate on their new cars.

One wonders what effect it might have, on the previous reputation for good-quality, when the government's millions of tons of aging stored-rice are finally sold, at some loss-making discount to their cost-price ?

Unlikely to enhance it, I suspect.

On a purely subjective note, several of the 5-kg packs of rice we've recently purchased at home have developed insect-infestation within a couple of months, not a good sign unless one wants extra added protein ! sad.pngermm.gif

Thai rice commands a premium because of it's perceived quality, but one mustn't let that get in the way of a good bashing session.

Off topic a little, but a couple of my staff, making something more than the disgraceful and catastrophic minimum wage, are also looking forwards to a 100,000 baht rebate on their new cars.

Just ignore that the pledging scheme offers no incentive for quality, only for quantity, so standards are expected to fall.

BTW I hope your staff are making considerably more than the minimum wage, otherwise they seem to be laying out more than 5 years TOTAL income for a new vehicle - a debt that may turn out to be catastrophic.

One wonders what effect it might have, on the previous reputation for good-quality, when the government's millions of tons of aging stored-rice are finally sold, at some loss-making discount to their cost-price ?

Unlikely to enhance it, I suspect.

I'm sure soon there will be a study from a scientist, attached to the current government, that states that rice is like wine and that it get's better by aging.

I guess Plodsaprob is the right man to announce such BS.