30 Day Extension And Tourist Visa

The last tourist visa has to be used by the 12th, it has nothing to do with when your current visa you entered the country on expires. Just do a border run before the 12th, and get the extra sixty days from the time you reenter Thailand instead of the extension. Bt2000 for a border run, and that might include lunch, or bt1900 for the extension with taxi fairs not included. I'd use the last visa before the 12th.

The last tourist visa has to be used by the 12th, it has nothing to do with when your current visa you entered the country on expires. Just do a border run before the 12th, and get the extra sixty days from the time you reenter Thailand instead of the extension. Bt2000 for a border run, and that might include lunch, or bt1900 for the extension with taxi fairs not included. I'd use the last visa before the 12th.

There is no indication in the OP's post that he has more than a single entry tourist visa, so a border run would not give him more than 15 days (30 if he flies back into Thailand).

To the OP. You currently have a permission to stay until 12th of October. It's that permission to stay that you are extending not the original tourist visa, so it is immaterial when the visa expires. If you go to immigration on or before 12th of October you will get an extra 30 days. No reason to wait, as the 30 days will be added to your current permission to stay no matter when you go to immigration.

Sophon

• 2 weeks later...

I'll ask here rather than start a new thread as the topic is closely related.

On a single entry tourist visa.

Objective Seeking to get the 90 day maximum stay from that visa.

Arrival in Thailand is day number one.

Question: I must apply in person for a 30 day extension (reason: spend Christmas with family and visit friends) before day number 60 or on day number 60? (Probably at Khon Kaen immigration office - I have my TM7 already.)

Day 60 is a Monday: If I apply on day number 57 (Friday) would the +30 days be calculated from day 57 or day 60?

I assume the latter to allow the full 90 days, but unless I ask I know it will go wrong.

If I can apply before day 60 - is there any benefit is applying on day 50 for example?

((Exact dates are important due to fixed flight schedule, my departure will be day 91 but early morning and I have done a similar "overstay" some years ago without any hassle, this passport is not full of visa stamps and is otherwise clean.))

Thank you for guidance and reassurance.

You cna apply before without any problem and don't need a reason.

Applying early has no other benefit than it might be more convienient and on the last day you might be sick, the car might brake down etc. You will get the full 90 days regardless.