At A Supermarket Near You - Fetid, Rancid, Rotten Meat

SundayAfternoon

Lived in PTY many years, bought meat from everywhere, never had the slightest problem. I've bought from the open bins, too. However, I carefully wash off the meat before cooking, and I always do cook it, not just gobble it raw like some of our more primitive TV members.

It's the restaurants you have to be careful about! :)

But I've never bought meat from any local market. The site of all those flies etc. on the meat just turns me off for some reason. Guess I don't like to share. If I buy fresh veggies from the market, I use a white vinegar wash on them before eating. I've also been known to use a diluted peroxide solution. (Google DIY vegetable washes.)

Edited by JSixpack

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hers another T++++ story in CM

passed the cooked chicken counter and one lot of chickens were priced at 109 baht and another pile were "special offer" at 69 baht

got terac to ask why they were cheaper as they both looked the same

the answer was the 69 baht chicken had blow fly eggs inside them

"every little helps" as the Tesco ad in the UK tells you

passed the cooked chicken counter and one lot of chickens were priced at 109 baht and another pile were "special offer" at 69 baht

You know how to day blow fly eggs in Thai? Awsome dude.

No way ! - you've ruined my morning sick.gif

I regularly eat stuff bought from street vendors like the locals do. One of the few times I've had serious food poisoning was from a cooked chicken bought at Tesco.

You don't really expect people to believe you do you? Steet cooking with rats running around and no source of running water or toilet facilities are better than a multi national corp? I know it is Thai Visa but ....laugh.png

tomorrow is buddist day so there will be no fresh meat expecially evening markets.the wf never buys any till at least 2days after.i wonder how the manage to sell 21day aged beef here.

Buddha day in what country?

if you cant work it out i will give you a clue.TF.DH.

tomorrow is buddist day so there will be no fresh meat expecially evening markets.the wf never buys any till at least 2days after.i wonder how the manage to sell 21day aged beef here.

I don't know what TFDH means there is no Buddha day tomorrow here in Thailand.

if you are in thailand go and ask the locals what is wan-pra. if you have a thai calendar its 8th,15th,23rd,30th has a buddha motif by the date.DH.

if you are in thailand go and ask the locals what is wan-pra. if you have a thai calendar its 8th,15th,23rd,30th has a buddha motif by the date.DH.

Sorry, you are right. wai.gif

They are not all that well known outside suicidally depressed cliques

"It's so easy to laugh, its so easy to hate,

It takes guts to be gentle and kind"

Now I wonder who said that ?

As for your opinion that they are not well known !?! thats laughable - one of the most influential bands of the last 30 years.

I'm sorry but they produced the most vomit inducing drivel the Uk band scene has ever produced and when the big fat has been opens his mouth today the same crap ushers forth.

Influential ? blink.png

maybe more people have thought about committing suicide after listening to them then yes !

Buy local. I have a woman for my chicken, one for my pork, a very nice man for my beef and another nice woman for my seafood needs. I use them all the time and they know this. They all know me and take care of me. I have never been sold a bad bit of anything since taking up this method. thumbsup.gif

I regularly eat stuff bought from street vendors like the locals do. One of the few times I've had serious food poisoning was from a cooked chicken bought at Tesco.

+ 1 - It's worked for me in Thailand and every other Asian country I've lived in - can't beat the food cooked or prepared in the street for 30-40 THB IMHO.

+ 1 - It's worked for me in Thailand and every other Asian country I've lived in - can't beat the food cooked or prepared in the street for 30-40 THB IMHO.

I have to agree. One almost never sees a hungry homeless bum or vagrant here.