Rayong Officials Search For Missing Crocodiles

webfact

Rayong officials search for missing crocodiles

image_201210041253192A55D6CB-90EA-0BBD-74B12FC80BECA54F.jpg

RAYONG, Oct 4 - Officials in this eastern Thai province are searching for several missing crocodiles which escaped from a flood-hit farm.

Pramote Chanthamit, president of Nonglalok Sub-District Organisation in Rayong province, said a flash flood inundated a crocodile farm belonging to Paiboon Yongchaihirun.

Mr Pramote said floodwater broke the pond and the farm owner told him that four baby crocodiles were missing.

The official said the sub-district administration dispatched a disaster-response unit to search for the animals and two were found after being reported by local villagers.

He said the first was 1.5 metres long, and another was 70 centimetres in length.

Mr Pramote said he believes two missing crocodiles are adult, and instructed the authorities to remain alert and continue searching for the missing reptiles. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-10-04

If anyone finds them please let me know, they make great wallets and belts

Sorry, I am strictly against the use of unpaid crocodile labour for the making of wallets and belts - crocodiles should have the same rights and benefits as any other employees.....

• Like 2

Ah sure,,no harm having a few crocs out free, put an interesting balance on the eco system

NO WAY....

It was bad enough the last time there was a mass invasion of these creatures, lets NOT have a repeat of this EVER again....

orange-crocs.jpg

I was joking,,,bu what happened the last time?

His wife / gf probably bought loads of those croc shoes. Think the guy was joking.

Last year during the flooding 2 2m+ crocs were caught 4km from our home (was flooded too) and we waded through the water every day. Scary.

I am really not one of them Thai- bashers...but...the hell???

Are these people too stupid to contain animals?

Then close the whole thing down, <deleted>!

Its just too expensive to build real good enclosures.. why make it real good for something that does not happen much. That is the mindset here. I am also no real thai basher.. but something are just crazy here.

• Like 1

there was a flood, . could happen anywhere

there was a flood, . could happen anywhere

No it very couldn't happen everywhere!

This is not the first time and I bet we even haven't heard about every case.

But here is my question: IF you have a crocodile farm AND many floods, shouldn't your crocodile enclosures than be FLOODSAFE?

What excuse is "it could happen everywhere"?

• Like 1