Islamic Spiritual Leader Stresses It's Not Wrong To Work On Fridays: Thai South Crisis

webfact

SOUTH CRISIS

Islamic spiritual leader stresses it's not wrong to work on Fridays

THE NATION

30191727-01_big.jpg

Police investigate the scene where insurgents shot to death retired Pol Lieutenant Ingsaree Dohroening, 53, in Yala

BANGKOK: -- Chula Ratchamontri Aziz Pitakkumpol has reiterated that Islamic teachings do not prohibit Muslims from working on Fridays and anybody stopping people from working on the day are violating their basic rights.

In a three-page letter to the Southern Border Provinces Administrative Centre, Aziz explained that working on Fridays did not go against Islamic teachings and that Allah wanted Muslims to work so they did not become a burden on others.

"Since we have to eat every day, Islam does not prohibit us from working every day, not even on Friday which is an important religious day. What Islam says is that one should not forget to pray on Friday," the letter addressed to SBPAC secretary-general Thawee Soddong said.

This letter came in response to Thawee's query after leaflets were distributed in the South threatening people of action if they worked on Fridays because it was prohibited in Islam. Vendors decided to shut shops on Fridays out of fear for their lives and their safety.

The SBPAC will publish the spiritual leader's letter in English, Thai and Malay, and distribute widely in the South at the earliest opportunity.

Separately, retired Police Lieutenant Ingsaree Doroning, 53, was shot by two men on a motorcycle in tambon Kayubokoh of Yala's Raman district at 9.20am and pronounced dead soon after. Earlier in tambon Jakwa, former assistant village headman Suding Hama, 62, was seriously wounded after being shot at by two men on a motorcycle at 7am.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-10-05

I do hope that this message doesn't reach the UK. For me, Friday is a hallowed day and observed accordingly. It is popularly know as POETS Day - Pi$$ Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday.

On the other hand some will say that the only work his lot do is to pick up their welfare payments.

All I reckon is its the locals are sick and tired of the Army/ Police getting away with massacres, After watching TV and seeing people placed sideways , like Sardines in the Army Trucks to suffocate, would give rise to a lot of resentment in the Local Citizentry and the possible taking up of Arms etc. This has been happening, for quite awhile and Tit for Tat killings could be either side sometimes because of nobody going to Court for committing State sponsored Violence.

• Like 1

uptheos: Yes, a lot of evil seems to come out of those Prayer meeting. They are showing off how much they learned

from the spiritual leader,

and how in went in 1 ear and came out their Anus; kinda like some people from all religious faiths.coffee1.gif

Edited by jerrysteve
  • Like 2

All I reckon is its the locals are sick and tired of the Army/ Police getting away with massacres, After watching TV and seeing people placed sideways , like Sardines in the Army Trucks to suffocate, would give rise to a lot of resentment in the Local Citizentry and the possible taking up of Arms etc. This has been happening, for quite awhile and Tit for Tat killings could be either side sometimes because of nobody going to Court for committing State sponsored Violence.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Ya right on kill each other but not the army because the army is putting them in the back of trucks like sardines. Why not just shoot them while they are in the back of the truck instead of the bombings on citizens who they have never met and don't know how they feel about the situation.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

I liked this little bit.

"In a three-page letter to the Southern Border Provinces Administrative Centre, Aziz explained that working on Fridays did not go against Islamic teachings and that Allah wanted Muslims to work so they did not become a burden on others."

Seems to me like that is a message he should be preaching to the Islamic people not the Southern Border Provinces Administrative Center

Shout the message in every Mosque Put it on the front page of all the Muslim papers. Get the word out to the Muslim population.

uptheos: Yes, a lot of evil seems to come out of those Prayer meeting. They are showing off how much they learned

from the spiritual leader,

and how in went in 1 ear and came out their Anus; kinda like some people from all religious faiths.coffee1.gif

Just don't eat with your left hand. This is a myth it seems because I ate in a military mess (way better than any other I ever went into) for the United Arab Emirates with some Egyptian officers and left hand was in use all over the room. Hate it when I believe a story and find it totally not true.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Ya right on kill each other but not the army because the army is putting them in the back of trucks like sardines. Why not just shoot them while they are in the back of the truck instead of the bombings on citizens who they have never met and don't know how they feel about the situation.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

On one side the ARMY, on the other side Locals sick of state sponsored Murder and fighting with Home made Bombs/Guns. I hope that answers your Question.as I find it hard to work out what you have written The amount of Deaths from the State are far in excess of the total lost to Bombings since 2004 I,d be worried about the Future, because People will only put up with State killings for so long. and decide to pay back more effectively. It got the British to negotiate a few times in Ireland. If the State murdered a part of my Family I wouldn,t be alone in fighting any way I could to get even, or the State to Stop Murdering. As I said earlier this has been going on for Zonks and Army killings only make it worse.