Noisy Neighbours

shartin

I am owning an condo on Central Pattaya, but I cant sleep at night because the people in condo next to mine are very noisy. I speak already with the building management who let out the condo but they no want to do anything. Should I call the police or condo owner, or wait for management to do something?

Thank.

Sleep with music, just loud enough to drown them out. I've also got noisy neighbours who just moved in - a condo construction site - that's daytime noise, but I sleep until noon undisturbed with piano music.

If I had night time noisy neighbours my wife wouldn't worry - it would just give her licence to play loud music at any time.

In the end I think there is only one solution - learn to live with more noise. Asians can do - so why can't we? It's all in the mind. When I visit my wife's province in the Philippines I can sleep with 10 cocks crowing outside the window starting at about 4:00 am.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 2

Noise pollution is increasing faster than the speed of light in Pattaya-Jomtien! That is one reason I will never buy a condo in Pattaya-Jomtien. Renting is better because it makes moving easier (for most people). You might be able to find a less noisy place somewhere, but not on soi 7 in Jomtien :)

• Like 2

Ear plugs ? Sleep with the aircon fan turned-up a bit ? Couple of drinks before turning-in ?

I do feel for you, its really frustrating and I've had to live with a lot of noise over the last few months in C Pattaya - construction work in my case and not at night..

As another poster has mentioned, it's a good argument for renting rather than buying a condo.

• Like 1

I speak already with the building management who let out the condo but they no want to do anything.

You must have a condo internal rules documents (or at least the management has one). Ask for it, and ask the management to make respect this precis rule. I nothing happen, ask for this point to be discuss at the next co-owners meeting. They will decide what the managment has to do to solve this problem.

BTW this problem will happen more and more when I see how cheaply the new condos are built. They have a very weak noise isolation compared to oldest condos in Pattaya...

Buy a house over 5 million baht ..the average noisy Thai family can not afford that ..5 million plus you get the more discerning Thai professional type less noise and better neighbours ..

Because your house is worth 5 M doesn't mean that your neigbours can't build a tin shack.

Sleep with music, just loud enough to drown them out. I've also got noisy neighbours who just moved in - a condo construction site - that's daytime noise, but I sleep until noon undisturbed with piano music.

If I had night time noisy neighbours my wife wouldn't worry - it would just give her licence to play loud music at any time.

You mean your Filipino wife plays piano all night, just loud enough that you have a comfortable night's rest.

I guess it's time I go have a look in the Philipines.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Noise pollution is increasing faster than the speed of light in Pattaya-Jomtien! That is one reason I will never buy a condo in Pattaya-Jomtien. Renting is better because it makes moving easier (for most people). You might be able to find a less noisy place somewhere, but not on soi 7 in Jomtien smile.png

Even when renting you still have a contract agreement so if you leave before the contract expires you'll

most likely lose your deposit though.

That could get expensive if you keep moving every time something bothers you, as most expats can get bothered

very easily smile.png

Check if any of your neighbours on the same floor, and below and above, also have a problem with this, then report it, as a group, to the juristic person manager for your condo block. May, or may not get result depending also on how many Thais affected will complain. Good luck.

You mean your Filipino wife plays piano all night, just loud enough that you have a comfortable night's rest.

I guess it's time I go have a look in the Philipines.biggrin.png

Sky.FM - choose from dozens of themed channels. You might prefer "dreamscape", "nature", "relaxation", "new age" etc for a good nights sleep.

• Like 1

Noise pollution is increasing faster than the speed of light in Pattaya-Jomtien! That is one reason I will never buy a condo in Pattaya-Jomtien. Renting is better because it makes moving easier (for most people). You might be able to find a less noisy place somewhere, but not on soi 7 in Jomtien smile.png

Even when renting you still have a contract agreement so if you leave before the contract expires you'll

That could get expensive if you keep moving every time something bothers you, as most expats can get bothered

very easily smile.png

This is true. Better to develop a thicker skin as it will help in the long run with living happily in Thailand.

very easily smile.png

Hey, there's a new business idea. Rent out to farangs, tell the neigbours to be noisy, farang moves out, keep the deposit and repeat.

PS. Make sure the neighbours are Thai. smile.png

• Like 1

very easily smile.png

Hey, there's a new business idea. Rent out to farangs, tell the neigbours to be noisy, farang moves out, keep the deposit and repeat.

PS. Make sure the neighbours are Thai. smile.png

If they're Thai you don't even need to tell them to be noisy.smile.png

If you get earplugs go for the silicon ones, not the foam which aren't much use.

I have most problems with russians and germans who seem to come to Pattaya to get up bright and early to stomp around their condo moving furniture and banging things with hammers

Sent from my A500 using Thaivisa Connect App

Buy a house over 5 million baht ..the average noisy Thai family can not afford that ..5 million plus you get the more discerning Thai professional type less noise and better neighbours ..

Yes, the middle class society has better social manners than the working classes, unfortunately however in most Thai villages and estates next to the 5 Million plus houses are also lower priced houses and those are the problem makers in terms of noisy behavior, they also cause strong smelly cooking's on a daily basis, and their dogs are running free in the streets.

• Like 1

Whether the Thai have all some kind of hearing problem or they lack the social ability in recognizing and respecting their environment, they don't give a sh_i_t about noise.

He never said his noisy neighbours were Thai people...

In many condos they are more farangs than Thai and some of these farangs have no respect for others.

Whether the Thai have all some kind of hearing problem or they lack the social ability in recognizing and respecting their environment, they don't give a sh_i_t about noise.

Slamming with doors, loud music, loud talking..........

Perhaps you're the one with the "lack of social ability" because you fail to recognise that not every nationality is the same. Thais (and many other Asian nationalities) were brought up from birth in a louder environment and that is what they are used to. If you are born into it that's the way it is.

It's only sound. As long as the decibels are under the number which causes hearing loss, what is the damage to the environment?

I'll say it again, better Farang get used to living with more noise - problem solved. It can be done - it's all in the mind.

Construction of a condo building has started next to our place. My wife isn't the slightest bit concerned about the noise - she actually likes it. There are benefits of being brought up in a noisy environment. I learned from her - get used to it. You can't keep moving just because of noise.

I am owning an condo on Central Pattaya, but I cant sleep at night because the people in condo next to mine are very noisy. I speak already with the building management who let out the condo but they no want to do anything. Should I call the police or condo owner, or wait for management to do something?

Thank.

speak to the noisy neighbors... If I'm making noise and a neighbor comes and nicely asks me to keep it down then I will... If they go straight to the building management or police then they get little respect...

Maybe banglay means buy a 5 million Baht house in a development?

There, all the houses will be the same price.

yes KarenBravo you are correct in that assumption clap2.gif...

The same applies to the UK you live on a poor inner city council estate and the odds are you'll get the less salubrious types as neighbours buy a high end home in the suburbs and you'll hopefully get a better more educated neighbour .

Before people complain I was brought up and raised on a poor inner city estate and through hard work I moved to the suburbs ......I know which I prefer and it ain't the inner city location

"Live in a jungle and you'll get animals as neighbour"

Edited by banglay