Doozija.com

Clive sorts

Hi guys

My Wife has been watching Doozija in the UK for a few months however for the last few days she has been unable to connect.

Her monthly subscription is up but the credit card payment page dosen't appear anymore ? I fell upon another forum and loads of people had emailed Doozija since early January with the same problem and they were getting nowhere. It seems you've got to buy some phone credit to gain access to their TV site, seems like a con. Wondered if anyone has had any recent problems ?

Anyway was advised of another pay site call thaitv.tv, seems alot more clearer & proffesional, shame really because we were doing fine with Doozija.

Regards

clive sorts

My wife had been using Doozija for well over a year. Her friend who recently signed up had problems ordering the service recently. My wife claims that you need to have someone in Thailand pay for it at a Thai bank. Now I don't really believe what she says since she often translates things incorrectly into English. Nevertheless, my wife could still make the monthly payment but decided instead to switch to thaitv.tv. She said that Doozija had changed some of the programming. It may be that the tv stations have changed what is being broadcast. In any case, she is now using thaitv.tv instead of Doozija. She says that there are more programs to watch and that they even have Thai movies and concerts. Her biggest complaint is that when she uses full screen playing, the windows media controls don't go away. With Doozija, it was easy to use full screen mode and looked good when we sent the video output to our TV.

My wife is happy with her switch to thaitv.tv. I have suggested she keep getting Doozija just in case, but she'd rather save the $10 each month. I think with thaitv.tv you pay $30 for 3 months access. I don't know for certain as we have a friend that works for them and provides us with "special" access. :o

My wife had been using Doozija for well over a year. Her friend who recently signed up had problems ordering the service recently. My wife claims that you need to have someone in Thailand pay for it at a Thai bank. Now I don't really believe what she says since she often translates things incorrectly into English. Nevertheless, my wife could still make the monthly payment but decided instead to switch to thaitv.tv. She said that Doozija had changed some of the programming. It may be that the tv stations have changed what is being broadcast. In any case, she is now using thaitv.tv instead of Doozija. She says that there are more programs to watch and that they even have Thai movies and concerts. Her biggest complaint is that when she uses full screen playing, the windows media controls don't go away. With Doozija, it was easy to use full screen mode and looked good when we sent the video output to our TV.

My wife is happy with her switch to thaitv.tv. I have suggested she keep getting Doozija just in case, but she'd rather save the $10 each month. I think with thaitv.tv you pay $30 for 3 months access. I don't know for certain as we have a friend that works for them and provides us with "special" access. :o

Thanks for info donx, looks like we'll give thaitv.tv a go.

That problem you have with the full screen mode, there must be a way of clearing the window media controls ?? I'll have a go and let you know if I have any joy.

Regards

clive sorts

Clive sorts,

I discovered the settings in Windows Media Player that prevents the controls from showing up when using full screen mode. To set this, bring up Windows Media Player. Right click on the top of the frame to get a pull down menu. Select the Tools menu and then then Options... menu item. In the Options window that pops up, select the Performance tab. At the bottom of this window select the Advanced... button. This brings up the Video Acceleration Settings window. On the right hand side, I made sure that "Enable full-screen mode switch" was checked. On my laptop, that took care of the problem. On my desktop computer, I had to uncheck the "Display full-screen controls" for the full-screen controls to go away. On my laptop the full-screen controls disappear automatically when the mouse is not moved and when the pointer is in the middle of the screen. On my desktop computer, whenever I go into full-screen mode, the controls are never displayed. If I need to pause or stop, I simply double-click the screen which exits the full screen mode.

Now my wife is 100% happy with her switch from Doozija.com to thaitv.tv. I hope you find this information helpful.

Clive sorts,

I discovered the settings in Windows Media Player that prevents the controls from showing up when using full screen mode. To set this, bring up Windows Media Player. Right click on the top of the frame to get a pull down menu. Select the Tools menu and then then Options... menu item. In the Options window that pops up, select the Performance tab. At the bottom of this window select the Advanced... button. This brings up the Video Acceleration Settings window. On the right hand side, I made sure that "Enable full-screen mode switch" was checked. On my laptop, that took care of the problem. On my desktop computer, I had to uncheck the "Display full-screen controls" for the full-screen controls to go away. On my laptop the full-screen controls disappear automatically when the mouse is not moved and when the pointer is in the middle of the screen. On my desktop computer, whenever I go into full-screen mode, the controls are never displayed. If I need to pause or stop, I simply double-click the screen which exits the full screen mode.

Now my wife is 100% happy with her switch from Doozija.com to thaitv.tv. I hope you find this information helpful.

donx

sound, I'll give that a bash.

Funny, I found myself watching tennis on thaitv.tv the other day, oh to get your monies worth............. :o

Regards

clive sorts

• 9 months later...