If You Want A Phone This Weekend In Bkk .....

Hssl

I had a look at your link for a Huawei assend g300 which is there for 6990b which is £142 i can get it on ebay uk for £139 unlocked and the latest software i am surprised that it is not cheaper in Thailand but there you go.

I had a look at your link for a Huawei assend g300 which is there for 6990b which is £142 i can get it on ebay uk for £139 unlocked and the latest software i am surprised that it is not cheaper in Thailand but there you go.

Expect Thai govt import/luxury taxes has a lot to do with prices of many electronics. cosmetics, cars, and so, so many other items in Thailand. It's a shame that many Thai's think the items would cost the same in most other countries and just don't realize it's their own government's import taxes that raise the prices so much.

That is a really good deal on the Razr MAXX, ~ 25% off the original MSRP of 18,900. Motorola has a pretty good subsidiary here so there should be no issues re: warranty.

Typically shops will match any promotional pricing in case they run out of inventory at the show, or people just can't make the trek.

Also these shows are a great opportunity to pick up decent deals on accessories. So while prices aren't quite wholesale they are pretty decent for those who don't want to schlep to Suepa Road.

That is a really good deal on the Razr MAXX, ~ 25% off the original MSRP of 18,900. Motorola has a pretty good subsidiary here so there should be no issues re: warranty.

Typically shops will match any promotional pricing in case they run out of inventory at the show, or people just can't make the trek.

Also these shows are a great opportunity to pick up decent deals on accessories. So while prices aren't quite wholesale they are pretty decent for those who don't want to schlep to Suepa Road.

I'm waiting for the new I-mobile Q4 end of the month. 2200mah battery. ICS. 4"ips screen. Vga front camera. 8mp rear camera wth LED flash. And best bit under 7000b. Lovely :D

sent from my ..................#

Edited by thaicbr

Have lived in Thailand for over 10 years and about 9 years ago I swore I would never go to Sirikit Center again. I gave in yesterday as I am looking for a tablet and the Bangkok Post indicated there would be a 20-50% savings on tablets during the expo. After spending over an hour and 30 minutes there, over one hour of it just trying to get in and to the Samsung dealers, I have once again sworn off ever going to Sirikit again. And, by the way, the best savings I could find was 700 Baht (about 6%). I didn't wait around to make the purchase as the sales agent indicated that would take another 30 minutes to do the paperwork (swipe my cc and give me the tablet) as they were swamped. I was already getting severly clostraphobic and fought my way to the closest exit. If "anything" causes any type of panic in that place many people are going die and/or be severly injured. Even in Thailand I find it hard to believe that there are absolutely no crowd control or capacity measures in place for an event of this type.

Have lived in Thailand for over 10 years and about 9 years ago I swore I would never go to Sirikit Center again. I gave in yesterday as I am looking for a tablet and the Bangkok Post indicated there would be a 20-50% savings on tablets during the expo. After spending over an hour and 30 minutes there, over one hour of it just trying to get in and to the Samsung dealers, I have once again sworn off ever going to Sirikit again. And, by the way, the best savings I could find was 700 Baht (about 6%). I didn't wait around to make the purchase as the sales agent indicated that would take another 30 minutes to do the paperwork (swipe my cc and give me the tablet) as they were swamped. I was already getting severly clostraphobic and fought my way to the closest exit. If "anything" causes any type of panic in that place many people are going die and/or be severly injured. Even in Thailand I find it hard to believe that there are absolutely no crowd control or capacity measures in place for an event of this type.

Thats why I went thursday :D:P

Sounds like it was just like going to a mall on Sunday which has a whole floor level dedicated to cell phone/computers....got plenty of malls like that, but of course they don't have the "hype" of being a once a year event!!!!

Thats why I went thursday biggrin.pngtongue.png

Having sworn off these events years ago likewise, even back to the time they were held in the Bangkok Convention Center in Ladprao, I went Thursday as well as I was nearby on the MRT and it sucked big time. I concur with the other poster, the place is no different from a large market stall any day of the week for products or bargains. I much prefer my shopping in a spacious modern mall to this crap.

Got my Razr maxx for 12,900, free case (which is crap) and 2 free screen protectors.

The place was jammed with people in 'I'm going wander around and get in your way and stop so you bump into me mode'

Got my Razr maxx for 12,900, free case (which is crap) and 2 free screen protectors.

The place was jammed with people in 'I'm going wander around and get in your way and stop so you bump into me mode'

Excellent deal. Are you happy with it?

What a waste of time these mobile / tablet shows are

They have one in one mall or another about once a month

Funny thing is there is rarely anything good on offer

Prices are the same as everyday prices in any mall

Went to one of these shows three months ago .. 100% crap