Non-O Visa From Wife To Daughter

Hi

I'm on marriage Visa for a few years (non-O). This Visa relied on my wife. But this puts me in a situation of dependance and it strongly damages our marriage and relationship.

As we have a daughter, Is it possible to move the Visa on my daughter? What are the requirements, and will it still be 400,000Baht or 800,000baht to block every years?

Thanks for your coming answers.

Stef

Same requirements, inclusing regarding income/money in the bank. Only when going for money in the bank the money doesn't need to be seasoned.

Offcially the choice is yours, but if still married most immirgation offices seems to want you to apply based on the wife rather then the children. Based on having a child most immigration offices want to see a court order showing you have custody over the child.

You will have to ask your local immigration office.

Actually it might involve the wife if making a change - I was required to have wife visit the year I did this and have seen reports that others also had to do this. They want the wife to know and confirm her understanding of the change using joint property marriage laws as the reason.

I will ask some lawyer and the immigration officer if I can move my Visa to my daughter instead of my wife because of the problems it makes in our couple.

I just hope they will not take offence and terminate my actual Visa (or refuse to extend it) as the Pattaya immigration obviously doesn't like foreigners "trying to stay". They make me sign more forms every year. The last time I had to sign a new one, where I had to swear I will inform them in total emergency if my situation changes (meaning "if you break with your wife you have go away the day after, please sign here to say you understand"). It, indeed, creates great precariousness and can potentially damage everything I have here (company, work permit and Visa).

So in these conditions, I would prefer my Visa to be on my daughter. If somebody made it before, please contact me with your advises, you will be very welcome. Thanks....