Free Hi Speed Wifi In Arrivals

mooro_uk

Hi guys, I know the use of wifi at Swampy has been discussed quite a bit here already, but tbh I couldn't really find a suitable answer to my question.

Basically I have to collect my gf at the airport this Friday evening, obviously something I can't miss or my life won't be worth living! BUT I also have an important online meeting with a client at pretty much the same time as well, something which also cannot be avoided or rescheduled. Thus the perfect answer would be to find a quiet restaurant, coffee shop somewhere in arrivals that has reliable (and preferably free) wifi. So, I can wait for the missus (who will probably take ages to get through immigration on a Friday evening anyway and make my meeting.

The only quiet'ish place I can think of is Subway, downstairs near the entrance to the hi speed rail line. Firstly do they have wifi and secondly does anyone know any better places?!

Thanks in advance

What about at the internet place up on the 6th floor, next to the Post Office?

Always quiet up there, and I have a feeling I could get onto several wifi networks when I had a look at the SSID list on my phone last time.

Just a thought...

SVB

Its about 3/4 of the way down to the Western end (end farthest from Thai check-ins/domestic departures)

If you were at the entrance to departures facing inside - far right side.

Its where you go up to the Observation Platform/viewing area. No restaurants up there. There's an escalator and a lift - and if the lift only goes to floors 4 & 6 - that's it....Post Office and internet shop well signposted.

What applications do you use for your on-line meetings? How much bandwidth do you require? I assume you need audio so require a relatively quiet space?

I'm not sure I'd count on Wifi being robust enough - the free WiFi is airside - the the WiFi in the TG lounges is very slow - so you'll have to use 3G.

Maybe just walk around early to scout out some quiet spaces? ARL level ( Basement? - one level down from level 1, at the far eastern or western ends) at either far-end may be the quietest? The previously mentioned 6th floor, accessible land-side at the back to main passenger terminal building by elevator or escalator may be OK. There is a CAT lounge, but I'm not sure how long you can camp out there?

For an important meeting I might let the GF know that your work is important and maybe she can get a taxi by herself so you can work from home/office, but that's obviously a personal/professional trade-off only you can make.

Edited by lomatopo

• 2 weeks later...