Blog's Random Album Image Doesn't Display

camerata

Anyone know why the blog's random album image shows a link instead of an image? I've occasionally seen an image displayed, but generally it's just a crossed box and a partial URL. Clicking on the link brings up the full-sized photo.

The same applies to the blog's "link album to this entry" feature. When switched on it will only display links, but not thumbnail images.

I see what you mean.

I tried the same in my blog and got the same result.

I'll rattle Huski's cage and see if he can fix it.

:o

i see the random image not displaying as a thumbnail as you described. went all through the blog settings, and it seems to be a bug, will report to invision software and look for an update in the future.

OK, I think I've figured it out. Jai Dee's blog and mine both have a lot of images embedded in the text, whereas Glauka's doesn't. There must be some limit somewhere that prevents the random image coming up if there are a lot of graphics already displayed. This may be why I did see the random image when I first started the blog.

OK, I think I've figured it out. Jai Dee's blog and mine both have a lot of images embedded in the text, whereas Glauka's doesn't. There must be some limit somewhere that prevents the random image coming up if there are a lot of graphics already displayed. This may be why I did see the random image when I first started the blog.

i think you are right about a limitation.

after testing i see the problem maybe the actual random album image block can not display thumbnails larger than 100 x 100 pixels. this is because that block tries to pull and display everything.

if you notice Glauka has his random images opening ok because they are smaller than 100 x 100. below he has in his 'My Picture' block a 600 x 600 image that is chopping off on the blog page but does display.

i believe the two blocks treat images differently, random images tries to fit up to 100 x 100 pixels inside it's block and My Picture block will trim but display up to 100 pixels of the original pic on the blog page. (blog column display limitation)

after testing i see the problem maybe the actual random album image block can not display thumbnails larger than 100 x 100 pixels. this is because that block tries to pull and display everything.

I can't find any setting to control the size of thumbnails. All I see is the setting to control the width of the content blocks, which has a minimum of 150 pixels.

if you notice Glauka has his random images opening ok because they are smaller than 100 x 100. below he has in his 'My Picture' block a 600 x 600 image that is chopping off on the blog page but does display.

But I don't see any way to control thumbnail size. And if you click on Glauka's thumbnails the actual photos are bigger in pixel size than my own. Is there a way to control thumbnail size?

I can't find any setting to control the size of thumbnails. All I see is the setting to control the width of the content blocks, which has a minimum of 150 pixels.

i just created a new blog and the content block width defaults to 250 pixels. random images display as thumbnails ok on this end. what is yours currently set to ?

i just created a new blog and the content block width defaults to 250 pixels. random images display as thumbnails ok on this end. what is yours currently set to ?

The same. I've tried different settings but it makes no difference. My theory is that because I have a lot of graphics embedded in the blog text, the random image won't display. Glauka only has one image of about 35K, and you don't have any. The only practical way I can test this is to create my next page of blog entries with no embedded photos.

Perhaps the developers didn't expect bloggers to embed large photos in the text since there is already the random image feature and the "link album to entry" feature for photos.