Open Stand On Sunday Market, Walking Street. At

Erikmonsy

My wife tried this years ago. She ended up getting a space inside a wat that opened onto the walking market. The reason for that being there is a really long waiting list to get a stand on the street. I asked her if she still had the phone number of the agency in charge of this but she doesn't.

• Like 1

My wife tried this years ago. She ended up getting a space inside a wat that opened onto the walking market. The reason for that being there is a really long waiting list to get a stand on the street. I asked her if she still had the phone number of the agency in charge of this but she doesn't.

Yes of what I have heard already it seems to be full. At least the places on the street it self.

Thanks for your reply anyway.

I dont think you will get a spot on the main street but on the side roads it should be no problem. There are less customers on these side roads though. 150 baht per month. If you go to the edges/side roads of the walk street where there is space, the other traders will show you guy who collects the rent. It should be easy.

I think moe666 means you can make some decent money from a little patch of roadside on walk street, the main busy bit anyway.

• Like 1

Apparently the people in charge are getting stricter in licensing/selling spots. There were cases of people renting out their place and the renter selling inappropriate (for the area) goods, or not what the spot was originally licensed for.

Have you got Chiang Mai residency? You'll need that

There are LONG list of people waiting too, so don't hold your breath. However there are some that will rent out there spot maybe 2k/mth?? Not sure on the exact number.

I dont think you will get a spot on the main street but on the side roads it should be no problem. There are less customers on these side roads though. 150 baht per month. If you go to the edges/side roads of the walk street where there is space, the other traders will show you guy who collects the rent. It should be easy.

I think moe666 means you can make some decent money from a little patch of roadside on walk street, the main busy bit anyway.

Who told you it costs 150 THB per month? I know people who sell there each week and they pay about 2K THB per month (and that is not at the prime location).

My girlfriend. I asked her whilst i was posting. Her spot is on Intrawarowot. Quite a way from from Rachadamnern. I can imagine if you are on Rachadamnern and you have to sublet from someone who has a spot, 2000 baht may be cheap. There is nowhere near as many customers walking down Intrawarowot. Selling something popular on Rachadamnern could make you a lot of cash.

Who told you it costs 150 THB per month? I know people who sell there each week and they pay about 2K THB per month (and that is not at the prime location).

I went there yesterday and spoke to the people who controle every area. Every area controlled by different people. On the main spot it will be impossible as everybody got his number. Maybe buy somebody out but not sure about that also. But they informed me that on the main spot its actually free to stand only pay for the electric.

Many other places are only 50THB but bad places.