Chinese Restaurant At Chalong.

Phuketliving

Anyone been at the Chinese restaurant in Chalong? - quite big set up on the left gooing down to Phuket town.

we had some food there the other day and feld it was not right.

1/ The owners are Russian

2/ The menue was limited to a brown sauce selection - it all looked the same. [well the pictures did]

3/ The athmosphere is between a railwaystation and a oven [ yes the music was Chinese].

4/ sissling hot plat at 280 thb - not sissling cold and 75 % was medium cooked onion .

5/ orderd 3 dishes but only 2 came ? asked 3 x but ling - wing and long didend understant - have you olderd......... [ ah leave it maybe just more onion ].

6/ the staff was good trained on asking if you need MORE dlink ... even your glass is full.

at the end i just said, well relax, let it go and next time you go to a Chinese restaurant ask if the cook is Chinese and not a Russian who spend aWK in Hong Kong.

Once the bill came i see thatvthey charge me 60 thb for steam rice - not on the menu ? and put an additional 7 % on top as VAT on a hand written bill !!

The caucasian farang -[ staff comfirmed the bartender and cook nationality ]- that was serving drinks dident bother costumers .

it is a discrace for Thai and Chinese cuisine and hospitality ........ sorry must go onions start working.

anyone had experience ?????

There are many excellent, well credentialed and cheap eating places around. Put it down to experience and move on to the next one...in my experience, this is the exception, rather than the rule. The competition is so hot, they cant last.

Well I never even got as far as you...they have shark fin soup on the menu. I will not eat there and recommend everyone stays away. Silly prices too. Like 450B for sweet and sour chicken. Are you kidding? They have been getting bad reviews on the Phuket restaurants thread too. Unless they have a contract with the Russian tour companies, I don't expect them to last long.

I think one is called Fisherman Way (Rawai) and the other is Fisherman Way Business Centre (Chalong).

Correct KB.

To remove all doubt it is diagonally opposite, ie, north west of Mike's Bikes and F1. Visa Run, which is exactly 1 km north of Chalong Circle after passing the police station. In the same complex as the Wine Connection and Woody's Sandwich Shoppe.

Lat. 7.83104 Long. 98.344326 to be precise.

oh ok, makes more sense, seems like phuketliving is drunk 24/7 and im pretty sure the fisherman way is down rawai close to the small tesco

Listen mate I was sober when I had the food .

Ok , let me explain you :

For 99 % of the poeple living here for over 5 years they Know the Fisherman way in Chalong ( in real named The fisherman way Business park ) as the fisherman way Chalong .Beside this 1 1/2 year ago they opened the Fisherman way Buiness garden and behand the at least 10 years old Fishermans way Holiday homes and cottages . ( all is from the same owner who also has the schooting range on Patak Road ) .

So Fisherman way Chalong is in Chalong

Fisherman way Rawai is in Rawai .

http://fishermanway.com/

Anyway ,As you quoted in a previous Topic '' My only "sickness" is that i have a very sensible stomach but am very used to it - '' - I would not recommend to go to this place .

In all seriousness dont you think the best way to describe the location of this restaurant is saying "right next to wine connection chalong"

I dont think it can be clearer than that, even a thai from chiang mai who never visited phuket could find it if you told only that.

must be a woman :)

Edited by BabyJebus

" In all seriousness don't you think the best way to describe the location of this restaurant is saying "right next to wine connection chalong "

I tend to agree that in a normal situation that would be sufficient and to avoid confusion. Here we have the complication of 2 Wine Shops both in " a fisherman way "...situation. One being Wine Lovers which is in the Rawai location, the other, Wine Connection which is in Chalong.

​Together with the Google map and coordinates that leaves NO doubt.

Really sells Sharks fin? Canthis be confirmed

Boooo never going just based on that .

Mate, its on their online menu.... Very poor show.

I dropped by the other night and picked up a business with a link to their menu.

Really expensive.

Exact a Bbbbbbiiigggggg BOoooooooh ,

Crap food ,service and rusky who is taking the sxhit off CHinese kitchen.

Let's say 6 months down the road , some lead in the head and not from Russian roulette ...... He , they will know there fortune - or fortunes ??? 6069- 6070 ( bothe black) euhhh fortuner .

Someone has the link to there menus so at least they have a fair ...........

Hey when I was there - a taxi guy was there and dropped 4 Chinese people - just wondering what there experience was with this .......

Taximan received 100 Thb and a business card .

Hans G did he try the trick on adding 7 % on a hand written bill ?

Just wondering if it's there standard or that he was low on cash that day ( to much washing powder).