20 Baht And Less

sticklee

A well known prolific poster has suggested that it's not worth carrying 20 Baht or less around, in another post. So why don't we suggest for him, and anyone else, the many things that 20 baht or less can buy. I'll start with;

a bottle of water, 10 B or less

ice cream at DQ, walking street vendor or 7/11 and Tesco-15B or less

spring roll, banana roll, fried prawn at walking street-10 B each

charitable donation to any of the less fortunate who play and sing at the walking street markets

red bus to most locations around the city-20B

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some small kanoms from the bakery under the escalator at Kad Suan Kaew. A small salad from the salad bar on the opposite side of the escalator near the exit to the car park. They charge by weight, so just make a salad using light-weight stuff. My usual salad includes heavy items like beans, corn and a boiled egg and it's never more than 40 baht.

Some small kanoms from the bakery under the escalator at Kad Suan Kaew. A small salad from the salad bar on the opposite side of the escalator near the exit to the car park. They charge by weight, so just make a salad using light-weight stuff. My usual salad includes heavy items like beans, corn and a boiled egg and it's never more than 40 baht.

lol. I did not know about that place. I live in Huay Kaew Rd. and a go to airport plaza for salad bar smile.png Thanks...

Edited by kenickie

My daily oishi tea-sugar fix

or 2 small oishi to mix it up

garlic chix on rice with fried egg--behind cmu

best fruit shake--p-pa @cm gate--orange mango

nice cuppa tea at local coffee booth

2 big scoops of veggies with rice--mingkwan

4 homemade chix curry puffs at suandok gate

sticky rice spicy pork burger @ 7-11--add 3 baht(sorry)

So what the OP is proposing s just carry twenty baht notes and if it cost less throw it in the street or leave it as a tip. Any thing as long as you don't have it in your pocket.

Of course the OP is saying some one else some other place said it.

My personal experience carrying it is my nephew gets some spending money every Friday.

You people do know there is a burger thread you can post valuable information on.laugh.png

I would guess that the 20 baht note is the equivalent to a US $1 bill in usage. Pretty sure it's the most used denomination in my wallet. And it's exactly what the local washing machine requires. My lunch typically runs around 40 baht or less so if for some reason I decided that I'd only carry 100s or more then I'd be throwing away a lot of money very quickly because almost every transaction would involve those worthless 20s in change.

So I don't get the premise.

Edited by beb