German Finance Minister In Bangkok Next Week

ECONOMY

German Finance Minister in Bangkok next week

The Nation

30192057-01_big.jpg

German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schauble

BANGKOK: -- German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schauble will be in Bangkok next week, as the guest speaker of Bank of Thailand's second Policy Forum.

At the policy forum, kicked off as the central bank celebrated the 70th anniversary, he will give a speech on "Asia and Europe - What we can learn from each others towards an economic policy model for the future".

According to Bank of Thailand Governor Prasarn Trairatvorakul, Schauble would also share his experiences in dealing with the Euro Area crisis.

After Chancellor Angela Merkel, Schauble has played a significant role representing Germany in the efforts to diffuse the crisis that endangers the single currency.

Aiming to promote the exchange of experiences with key figures in fiscal and monetary areas, the policy forum was inaugurated with the speech by International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde in July.

Prasarn said that the forum will continue into 2013, with the invitation of two famous central bank governors.

"We hope that we can make use of their knowledge in formulating monetary policies, for sustainable economic stability," he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-10-10

he will give a speech on "Asia and Europe - What we can learn from each others towards an economic policy model for the future".

Does anyone know what that means ..One would think that if he is coming to give a speech that at least one could glean something from the title ...

I think a few drinks to loosen his tongue .... some leather and whips .. soi cowboy laugh.png

he will give a speech on "Asia and Europe - What we can learn from each others towards an economic policy model for the future".

Does anyone know what that means ..One would think that if he is coming to give a speech that at least one could glean something from the title ...

I think a few drinks to loosen his tongue .... some leather and whips .. soi cowboy laugh.png

What an awful and absolutely disgusting remark about somebody who after an assasination attempt is half paralysed and sits in a wheelchair!

• Like 1

What an awful and absolutely disgusting remark about somebody who after an assasination attempt is half paralysed and sits in a wheelchair!

I probably should have said tickled him with feathers ...

It would have probably been best if you would not have said anything!

It would have probably been best if you would not have said anything!

Quite right ....be quiet , shut up & let Schauble dictate his ideas ....