Waiting Times British Citizenship

• 2 months later...

Mrs MAJIC posted her UK Citizenship Application on the 2nd of January 2013,

And has been Notified today From UKBA .............................25th of January 2013 that she has been Successful ( 23 Days)

We are both very happy! and could not believe it was so quick,of course the Ceremony is next, and we need to wait for the appointment.

Good Luck to all the other TV Members who are still waiting.

• Like 2

feasantplukka Submitted 31st July - awaiting

DonW Submitted 5th September, via nationality checking service in Peterborough - awaiting

7by7 - submitted in 2004 - 10 weeks

MAJIC - Submitted 2nd Jan 2013 - 23 Days.Successful.

Gents, when you post submission dates etc, please cut and paste the previous ones and and add yours to the list

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WOW......Wife recieved her letter saying she had been granted citizenship on the 4th June '13, just 20 days after submission, one of which was a public holiday. It was actually dated the 1st June!!!

Ceremony booked for 5th July and then a well deserved holiday.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for their help and advice.

• Like 1

Submited 28,March,2013 - awaiting...

Had the ceremony at some fancy old Hall on the 20th May.

The queens lord liutenant and the Mayor amongst other dignitories present.

They even had a lady playing god save the queen on a harp!

A very grand affair.

The wife repeated the Oaf and pledge of allegiance then signed the register.

Had her pic taken with the VIP's and the queens pic.

with her citizen certificate was an application to enroll on the electoral register which was confirmed yesterday.

Also an application for a first British passport!

It's been a long journey of ups and downs to get to this point and nearly 10 years.

Nothing in life easy is worth anything.

We are going to celebrate by taking the family to Spain for a week.

All the best to everyone

CCC

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

20 Days and successful.

My wife submitted hers on 12th June we got the letter back today 2nd July the letter was dated 27th June. Amazing I can't believe its was so quick after the whole 6 months wait for ILR.

Thanks to everyone who has input to this site, 7by7 especially always happy to help with excellent advise I don't know what I would have done without it from the first UK visit Visa to UK citizenship support all the way, cheers guy's.

Here are the others from this thread.

feasantplukka Submitted 31st July - awaiting

DonW Submitted 5th September, via nationality checking service in Peterborough - awaiting

7by7 - submitted in 2004 - 10 weeks

MAJIC - Submitted 2nd Jan 2013 - 23 Days.Successful.

Andyandythai - Submitted 12 June 2013 - 20 Days, Successful

• Like 2

Submited 28,March,2013 - awaiting...

with her citizen certificate was an application to enroll on the electoral register which was confirmed yesterday.

Also an application for a first British passport!

CCC

My wife is on the electoral register already and they was before she got her Ilr.

There is no issue with adding them on she's even received polling cards for local elections and the Police commissioner. We didn't use them they formed part of our recent ILR application.

We apply for Citizenship May next year then we will have true freedom as a family.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How did she manage that?

The electoral register is, as the name implies, a register of those eligible to vote in UK elections.

Who can register to vote?

To be eligible to register to vote, a person must be:

aged 16 years or over (but you cannot vote until your eighteenth birthday), and
a British, Irish, EU or qualifying Commonwealth citizen

Citizens of EU countries other than the UK, the Republic of Ireland, Cyprus and Malta cannot vote in UK Parliamentary general elections, but can vote at local government elections, Scottish Parliamentary elections if they are registered in Scotland, National Assembly for Wales elections if they are registered in Wales and Greater London Authority elections if they are registered in London. They can also vote at European Parliamentary elections if they fill in a form stating that they wish to vote in the UK and not in their home country.

To be entered on the register she, or you if you signed as the head of the household, would have had to sign a declaration that she was eligible to vote!.

Giving false information on the form or signing a false declaration on the form is a criminal offence.

• Like 1

You have to be a British Citizen to vote!blink.png

Once you have applied to be on the electoral role you still have to wait 8 weeks because the role is only updated 6 times a year.coffee1.gif

Wife was added 3 days ago.clap2.gif

Now time for the name change and British passportthumbsup.gif

Will the paperwork and money ever endrolleyes.gif

In about 4 weeks i predict biggrin.png

CCC

• 2 weeks later...

How did she manage that?

When we went to get a joint bank account as we were struggling with ID proof. They wouldn't accept NHs letters from the maternity dept etc so suggested that we add her to the local council electoral register. Not to vote but as an Adult living at my address.

We put down Thai Nationality on the form so if the local council made an error that isn't any fault of ours. However she hasn't voted here as yet and as no general election is due until after she gains Citizenship is unlikely to attempt to do so.

We were as surprised as you when the local election poll cards cane in the post and we used them as proof of address in the Ilr application and nothing was said to us about her breaking the law.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by englishinsiam

wife applied for citizenship at local NCS ( Cottingham ) hull, on the 12th july they posted to Liverpool, received Wednesday 17th july money taken from bank account Friday 19th july, now we wait , will it be 3 months or sooner ? looking like between 5 wks to 10 wks , hoping its less than more biggrin.png

wife applied for citizenship at local NCS ( Cottingham ) hull, on the 12th july they posted to Liverpool, received Wednesday 17th july money taken from bank account Friday 19th july, now we wait , will it be 3 months or sooner ? looking like between 5 wks to 10 wks , hoping its less than more biggrin.png

• 4 weeks later...

Any news?

Still waiting... whistling.gif

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

• 3 weeks later...

All,

Keep up the good work. I am going to watch this thread closely as my wife will apply for British Citizenship in October.

I'd also be interested in knowing how long passport applications take from start to finish. Can we add that to this thread or is there one existing already?

Thanks

I'd also be interested in knowing how long passport applications take from start to finish. Can we add that to this thread or is there one existing already?

From British citizenship basics

This can be a lengthy process. The naturalisation application may take at least 3 months to be decided, possibly 6 or even longer. Once naturalised you may have to wait up to three months for a citizenship ceremony, though usually less, and then up to 6 weeks for a passport interview.

This can be a lengthy process. The naturalisation application may take at least 3 months to be decided, possibly 6 or even longer. Once naturalised you may have to wait up to three months for a citizenship ceremony, though usually less, and then up to 6 weeks for a passport interview.

Hi 7by7 thanks for the response - excellent as usual ;-) I know the recommended time, but I was looking for recent experiences of applications. From the little I've read recently it would appear that the citizenship has been taking a lot less than 6 months but those posts were two or three months old or more, hence my question.

Hi 7by7 thanks for the response - excellent as usual ;-) I know the recommended time, but I was looking for recent experiences of applications. From the little I've read recently it would appear that the citizenship has been taking a lot less than 6 months but those posts were two or three months old or more, hence my question.

a friend of ours got hers about a month or so back, and hers took only 6wks from form going in at checking centre to her having ceremony at the same place, my wife and kid are putting their forms in this afternoon at the same place so hopefully we will be as quick???

If asking about the passport interview after being granted citizenship, it shouldn't take longer than 6 weeks to get one; but this obviously depends upon demand.

If asking about the processing time for the actual citizenship application, that is difficult to say; and other's experience is not really a useful guide.

This is because they often make further enquiries and take up references, and individual processing times can depend on how long they have to wait to receive replies to these.

If asking about the passport interview after being granted citizenship, it shouldn't take longer than 6 weeks to get one; but this obviously depends upon demand.

If asking about the processing time for the actual citizenship application, that is difficult to say; and other's experience is not really a useful guide.

This is because they often make further enquiries and take up references, and individual processing times can depend on how long they have to wait to receive replies to these.

Thanks 7by7,

We have our citizenship meeting with the council on Oct 8th and I've just booked the return flights for Feb 27th. Hopefully that will be long enough to get the citizenship and passport.

4.5 months, fingers crossed........... ;-)