Waiting Times British Citizenship

By "citizenship meeting with the council" I assume you mean an appointment with the Nationality Checking Service at your local council.

They will check all the documents, copy them and return the originals to you before forwarding the application to the Home Office for processing.

So even if she hasn't got a British passport in time for your trip, she will have her Thai one.

By "citizenship meeting with the council" I assume you mean an appointment with the Nationality Checking Service at your local council.

They will check all the documents, copy them and return the originals to you before forwarding the application to the Home Office for processing.

So even if she hasn't got a British passport in time for your trip, she will have her Thai one.

Correct.

Don't suppose she can apply for a UK passport from Thailand since she'll need to attend a face to face interview.

If asking about the passport interview after being granted citizenship, it shouldn't take longer than 6 weeks to get one; but this obviously depends upon demand.

If asking about the processing time for the actual citizenship application, that is difficult to say; and other's experience is not really a useful guide.

This is because they often make further enquiries and take up references, and individual processing times can depend on how long they have to wait to receive replies to these.

Thanks 7by7,

We have our citizenship meeting with the council on Oct 8th and I've just booked the return flights for Feb 27th. Hopefully that will be long enough to get the citizenship and passport.

4.5 months, fingers crossed........... ;-)

as i said we had our meeting with checking service yesterday, she told us she is telling everyone around 3 mths before we get reply but she also said because of the new rules coming in next month they are fully booked now until the end of october so it may take a bit longer as everyone wants to put in before that date?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Waterloos mates - submitted approx June - granted appox Sept (appor 3 months give or take a week)

Donw's Mate - UAE nation with Brit passport / Thai Mrs. Submitted start of June / - gratned Mid Oct

Feasantplukka Submitted 31st July - awaiting

Submited for wife and Stepdaughter via checking service in Lincoln on 23 Aug - awaiting

DonW Submitted 5th September, via nationality checking service in Peterborough - awaiting

Sanook2me submitted by checking service 1st October....citizenship invitation arrived 18th November..

Good luck all.....

7by7 - submitted in 2004 - 10 weeks

• 7 months later...

Submitted Wife's Citizenship application 9th July at Newcastle Checking Service.

She was told that they were getting less applications since the introduction of needing both LiUK and English Certificates.

She asked if that meant they would be dealt with more quickly but no.

Because they are getting less Citizenship and ILR applications the staff have been drafted into Passport Applications to help out.

Just have to sit back and wait :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

......... UPDATE

Citizenship granted 10th September 14 weeks :-) My wife can now look forward to having borders opened up to her.

Congratulations after such a long wait, but it has to be worth it

Thanks yes very worth it. We'll hear about her ceremony in the next 2 weeks. Then we can apply for her passport.

• 4 weeks later...

Submitted Wife's Citizenship application 9th July at Newcastle Checking Service.

She was told that they were getting less applications since the introduction of needing both LiUK and English Certificates.

She asked if that meant they would be dealt with more quickly but no.

Because they are getting less Citizenship and ILR applications the staff have been drafted into Passport Applications to help out.

Just have to sit back and wait :-)

Just an update. My wife received her Citizenship approval 7th October so that is 3 months. Ceremony tomorrow, next step UK passport and she is scouring the holiday brochures hahaha

• Like 1

• 3 months later...