Waiting Times Ilr

On behalf of :

sanook2me who said:

'My Thai wife has just submitted her ILR September 12th..We had a letter of confirmation of receipt from UKBA and the money has gone from our bank account...but now waiting for the biometrics letter. Sorry to talk about ILR on a citizenship posting but DonW asked who else is waiting..we are waiting for ILR...'

I am throwing this thread up in keeping with both the settlement visa and British Citizenship waiting times threads.

sanook2me - submitted 12th September - Awaiting.

Gents, when you post submission dates etc, please cut and paste the previous ones and and add yours to the list

Thanks

• Like 1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I myself started a thread some weeks ago on the same subject. We applied 15th May and recieved the letter confirming that our ILR application was approved today. Letter went on to say we would recieve the biometric card within 7 days. All in all nearly 5 months from start to finish. I have been trawling the net for other sites for waiting times myself and the opinion seems to be that May applications have been coming through over the past two weeks. However I could not say how long a September 2012 application would take. On the conservative side I would expect 5 months and be happy if it comes sooner.

Anyways good luck to all still waiting.

My wife and 2 stepsons app for ilr went in on the 24th august, recieved confirmation letter a week or so later and money taken a few days after that, presently just sit and wait for biometrics letter. No plans to go anywhere as yet so passports not needed and set my mind to expect it to take 6mths, anything less is a bonus.

yorkieb Submitted 15th May - Received 10th Oct

tigerjohn - submitted 24th august - Awaiting.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and 2 stepsons app for ilr went in on the 24th august, recieved confirmation letter a week or so later and money taken a few days after that, presently just sit and wait for biometrics letter. No plans to go anywhere as yet so passports not needed and set my mind to expect it to take 6mths, anything less is a bonus.

Update. Recieved 3 letters today 19/10/12 for all of them to get biometrics done (within 15 working days),

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Missus application for ILR submitted on 29th October, just got letter to go and get the biometrics done. Should we expect to get the visa fairly soon because of this, or is it still going to take several months??

Silverdales- submitted 30th October - Awaiting

quadisking - submitted 29th October - Awaiting.

Are there any updates on any of the previous applications??

tigerjohn,

I just noticed that you got letters for the biometrics after about 2 months which is more or less the same as me, have you got the visas yet?? or heard anything??

No still waiting quad not heard anything yet but not really expecting anything until well after new year to be honest, if i hear earlier its just a bonus, will update as soon as i hear anything though.

just an update, all documents arrived today with residence permit to follow in 7-10 days, so just about 4mths. was wifes birthday on the 17th so although few days late it is nice birthday come christmas present cos wasnt really expected until new year, GOOD LUCK and a merry xmas to all biggrin.png

• Like 1

Missus application for ILR submitted on 29th October, just got letter to go and get the biometrics done. Should we expect to get the visa fairly soon because of this, or is it still going to take several months??

Are there any updates on any of the previous applications??

Sanook2me Update..Received biometrics letter 25th November..(it arrived 5 days after the date and you only have 15 days to do it in)..now waiting for passports and ILR...

Good luck for everyone and thanks DonW for starting a valuable thread...

Happy Christmas and New Year to you all and your cold Thai wife (partner)...x x

Don't they just love the UK climate...ho ho ho......

tigerjohn - submitted 24th august - Recieved 20th Dec

Biometrics residence cards delivered yesterday, day after all documents back, finished and happy now, GOOD LUCK.

Chittychangchang - submitted 5th November - Awaiting

Liveforever - Submitted 17th December - Awaiting

Good Luck to all you applying for ILR, I will be in the same Situation in September, Has anyone thought about making an appointment for the same day service and getting to know that day, I know it costs more, but least you get to know that day and saves on the stress of waiting.

I Am sure there will be a few People on the forum submitting there applications very soon , Can you share any Tips on getting the perfect application,

Merry Xmas

Malc

Good Luck to all you applying for ILR, I will be in the same Situation in September, Has anyone thought about making an appointment for the same day service and getting to know that day, I know it costs more, but least you get to know that day and saves on the stress of waiting.

I Am sure there will be a few People on the forum submitting there applications very soon , Can you share any Tips on getting the perfect application,

Merry Xmas

Malc

In my opinion there is no stress in waiting and if you are in no rush to travel anywhere and all your paperwork over the last 2yrs is in order why pay the extra on which in my opinion is already an over inflated price for what it is, i had to do wifes and 2 kids together so could not justify going on the day at the prices they are, i felt no stress because we are a genuine family, and if you are genuinely still together there is nothing at all to stress about, it is definately nothing like when we were waiting for the settlement visas.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year chaps.

A few familiar names here from the UK Settlement waiting times thread of a couple of years ago. Hope life is treating you all well.

Posted our ILR application on 21 Dec (3 weeks later than planned - we were in Thailand for most of December). No response of any kind yet.

Good luck all.

Happy New Year chaps.

A few familiar names here from the UK Settlement waiting times thread of a couple of years ago. Hope life is treating you all well.

Posted our ILR application on 21 Dec (3 weeks later than planned - we were in Thailand for most of December). No response of any kind yet.

Good luck all.

Start of this week we got the letter confirming our application is underway, and the money has gone out of the bank.

Now, I wonder if we'll get passports back in time for our planned April trip.....?

Uaelaelil - submitted 14th November - Awaiting

Adding the wife to the list

Edited by uaelaelil

Uaelaelil - submitted 14th November - Awaiting

Adding the wife to the list

Sanook2me - submitted 12th September - Awaiting. Hooray.... ILR ID card arrived this week 15th Jan..

FYI...Documents arrived first `14th Jan with covering letter and then the card ID card is delivered by a company called The DX...need to sign for it..

Huge sigh of relief...i completed the whole process by myself and asking dumbass questions here which people are only to pleased to answer...many many thanks to everyone on here..

Next is citizenship... :-)

• Like 1