Liveforever - Submitted 17th December - Received 16th March 2013

Uaelaelil - submitted 14th November - Received 15 March

Suhari - submitted 31 December - Received 16 March

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People,

Could you please confirm if you applied set m or set o. I am keen to find out if the set o's are also making it in 3 to 4 months. Thank you.

There are 5 SET forms, and the one used depends on which category one is applying under.

I would confidently guess that most applications listed here are from people applying as the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried/same-sex partner of a British citizen or someone who is settled in the UK. So they would have used SET(M). Children applying at the same time as their parent can be included on that form.

SET(O) is used by any applicant who doesn't fit into any of the other 4 categories.

Unless there are details that have to be checked or some other reason for delay then I surmise that the processing time is roughly the same whichever category one applied under.

• Like 1

yorkieb Submitted 15th May - Received 10th Oct

tigerjohn - submitted 24th august - Recieved 20th Dec

sanook2me - submitted 12th September - Recieved 15th Jan 2013

Waterloo - Submitted 19th October - Recieved 6th February

Silverdales- submitted 30th October - Awaiting

quadisking - submitted 29th October - Received 11th March 2013

Chittychangchang - submitted 5th November - Recieved 20th, Feb, 2013

Hi all, just to let you know, we submitted ILR app 01/02/2013 & recieved the letter of confirmation dated 22/03/2013 ( which happens to be our anniversary). Now we have this we will find out the result of my wife's daughter's settlement application.

Congrats to all who have recieved theirs & Good luck to anyone still waiting.

Hi all, just to let you know, we submitted ILR app 01/02/2013 & recieved the letter of confirmation dated 22/03/2013 ( which happens to be our anniversary). Now we have this we will find out the result of my wife's daughter's settlement application.

Congrats to all who have recieved theirs & Good luck to anyone still waiting.

Congratulations, that was much faster than anyone else so hope this is a sign of things to come.

Stanaris - Submitted 01 February 2013 - Received 22 March 2013

Stanaris - Submitted 01 February 2013 - Received 22 March 2013

Bryangiggs applied not us

Bryangigs - Submitted 01 February 2013 - Received 22 March 2013

Just had my ecstatic wife on the phone as she received her ILR this morning. Another quick result.

She applied 5th February and received 3rd April, Happy Days

Next step Citizenship I guess

• Like 1

Just had my ecstatic wife on the phone as she received her ILR this morning. Another quick result.

She applied 5th February and received 3rd April, Happy Days

Next step Citizenship I guess

Congratulations, two extremely reasonable turn around times lets hope this is a sign of things to come!

Thanks Waterloo.

I would be curious to know which of us used the SCS when applying to see if that made any difference.

We did as we thought it was best to make sure we had all the necessary documentation.

Liveforever - Submitted 17th December 2012 - Received 16th March 2013

Uaelaelil - submitted 14th November 2012 - Received 15 March 2013

Suhari - submitted 31 December 2012 - Received 16 March 2013

Stanaris- Submitted 05 February 2013 - Recieved 03 April 2013
Edited by liveforever

I would be curious to know which of us used the SCS when applying to see if that made any difference.

We did as we thought it was best to make sure we had all the necessary documentation.

I'll hazard a guess at none at all, Stanaris.

My wife will apply for citizenship later this year and we'll opt for checking service to negate the requirement for her passport to be submitted with her application. We travel to LOS the week after the application is submitted and expect no preferential treatment. We just require my wife to retain her passport.

I'll hazard a guess at none at all, Stanaris.

My wife will apply for citizenship later this year and we'll opt for checking service to negate the requirement for her passport to be submitted with her application. We travel to LOS the week after the application is submitted and expect no preferential treatment. We just require my wife to retain her passport.

We didn't use SCS but I did email the UKBA to see if there was a possibility of speeding up the application as we were waiting on the outcome of her daughters settlement app. ( which was approved as soon as we emailed the copy of the approval letter for my wifes ILR)

Not used an agent for any of the 5 visa applications we have made so far, just plenty of advice & info on this lovely Forum, so thanks to all.

• 2 weeks later...

Our friends waited only 6 weeks, applied at the start of march and they received the passport back yesterday, i was a little confused when they said it was for 10 years, But i think its more about the photo on the passport and renewing her passport

The ILR is indefinite; it is the biometric residence card which needs to be renewed every 10 years.

Although most people will have decided to be naturalised as British before then so wont have to renew it.

Liveforever - Submitted 17th December 2012 - Received 16th March 2013

Uaelaelil - submitted 14th November 2012 - Received 15 March 2013

Suhari - submitted 31 December 2012 - Received 16 March 2013

Stanaris- Submitted 05 February 2013 - Recieved 03 April 2013

Applied for ILR on the 19/03/13 using local council checking service.

Money taken from account on the 26/03/13.

Letter to go for biometrics on the 05/04/13.

Biometrics taken on 06/04/13.

Letter received today confirming successful 22/04/13 ,Biometrics card to follow in 7 working days.

Looks like we will be having a holiday sooner than I thought smile.png

Looks like I have been caught in some new line in the sand backlog activity, mine was sent early Jan biometrics swiftly done early feb and still waiting, in fact I had to request my passport back due to me travelling in May which was swiftly send back in 4 working days as opposed to it saying allow at least 20 working days so i do think that a line has been drawn in the sand and anything received after date x has to be processed much quicker whilst my application is part of the humungous backlog pile.

Some will say there might be a problem with my application but I can assure you there is not been jumping through the hoops now for so long getting to be an expert at it all... well as long as it arrives before september everything is fine.

• 1 month later...

We have applied for my Thai wife's ILR today 12 June 2013.

On looking at these waiting times it's good to note that they are considerably reduced to what they used to be.

If anybody has any more recent waiting times to report, I'd be grateful for the info.

Posted ILR application on 12th June (As above) and they took the money on the 14th!

We're hoping the rest of the process will advance at this fast pace. With media reports of huge backlogs of immigration applications, I wondered if ours would end up in a pile in a warehouse and it would take 6 months or more.

ThaiVisa experts & regulars: Are there any more recent dates after those posted by Rhino10 on 24th April?

With nothing posted here for nearly 2 months I'm wondering if there are more recent dates posted elsewhere in the forum? Please direct me to the if there are any.

A little more progress already. Received letter from UKBA on 20th June.

"Thank you for application on SET(M). It will now be passed to a casework unit to await consideration. If any problems with validity of application, such as missing documentation, a caseworker will contact to advise what action needs to be taken to rectify the problem...... blah blah... We aim to complete 99% of applications within 6 months.......blah....blah."

Just thought I'd make note of all progress here so that others know what to expect.

By the way: I had wanted to use a local authority Settlement Checking Service, but although a couple of nearby offices offer the Nationality Checking Service we would have to do a 150 mile round trip to the nearest place that does SCS!

I don't understand why? Surely many of the checking tasks are the same, and an applicant for Citizenship has to obtain ILR first anyway so would need SCS before NCS. I would have thought that the local authority registrar could just have a little further training by UKBA to do both?

So the upshot is that having previously applied for several Visitors Visa's and the Settlement Visa successfully, I checked the ILR application

myself.... about 1000 times!

Thank you for application on SET(M). It will now be passed to a casework unit to await consideration. If any problems with validity of application, such as missing documentation, a caseworker will contact to advise what action needs to be taken to rectify the problem

​maybe that's whats my from was on about

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/635865-personal-assistant-assigned-when-applying-for-uk-iir/

Knock knock, hello? Is there anybody out there?

It's getting very lonely sitting about in this forum on my own - with just a deleted post and repeat of my own words...

Anyway, in case anybody is interested I'll continue with my commentary on our ILR application.

12th June: Posted ILR application.

14th June: UKBA took the money from Credit Card.

20th June: Letter from UKBA "Thank you for application on SET(M)..."

28th June: Letter from UKBA to take to Post Office to have Biometric date taken. (Done).

If any ThaiVisa experts are reading this: Is the request for biometric data a good indication that the ILR application will be successful? I don't see why they would request the biometrics for a DRP if they weren't going to grant ILR?

At the top of the letter it states "If you cannot understand anything in this letter please find someone to help you". Maybe I should do just that as I find this part a bit confusing:

"From 29 Feb 2012 anyone applying for a Biometric Travel Document must also apply for a Biometric Immigration Document otherwise known as a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). We will no longer transfer your leave in to a new passport. Instead, you can apply for a Biometrics Residence Card which will prove your status in the UK. To do this you need to complete form NTL which can be found on the UKBA website."

So there's a BTD, a BID known as a BRP and a BRC if you complete NTL at UKBA. ZZZzzzzzz

Help! I thought Mrs SangSom only needed a BRP?

Does she also need a BRC - to prove her status in the UK? e.g. next time she enters the UK?

I think I need to lie down in a dark room for a while... My tiny mind is spinning....

Pass the SangSom....

Edited by samsingsong
  • Like 1

Indeed, the biometric residence permit is all the evidence she needs of her entitlement to live in the UK and replaces the vignette which used to be placed in passports.

If she leaves the UK then the BRP and her passport are all that she needs to show to immigration upon her return.

Biometric information and biometric residence permits

How should you use your biometric residence permit?
Your biometric residence permit is evidence of your permission to stay in the UK, and shows the conditions of your stay. It enables you to confirm your identity and confirm your right to study and/or work here, and to access public services.

You must show the permit to your employer or approved education provider before you start to work or study.

You must take your permit with you if you go abroad while you have permission to stay in the UK. You may need to show the permit to an immigration officer at the border when you leave the UK. You will also need to show it as well as your valid national passport or travel document before you begin your return journey, and again when you re-enter the UK. The permit proves that you are allowed to return to the UK, but it cannot be used instead of a passport or travel document.

Note that the BRP will be valid for 10 years only, even though ILR is indefinite, and will need to be renewed at the end of this period.

Unless she is by then a British citizen, in which case she will no longer need it, of course.

Requesting her biometrics is part of the application procedure, and does not give an indication of the result.

However, in over 10 years of being associated with various immigration forums I have not heard of a single case of an ILR application being refused when the applicant has met the criteria and provided all the information to show that they do.

However, in over 10 years of being associated with various immigration forums I have not heard of a single case of an ILR application being refused when the applicant has met the criteria and provided all the information to show that they do.

That's quite a reassuring comment. 7by7.

Presumably the actual process is not as draconian as the instructions seem to imply.

The caseworker communicates with the applicant and will allow additional/missing documents to be submitted ?

If an application for ILR fails then is it automatically considered for FLR or Exceptional leave to remain instead or do they just return it and keep all the money ?

Q1, Never heard of that happening.

Q2, No, if the ILR application is refused then they will not issue FLR instead. The person concerned will have to appeal the refusal or leave the UK.

Visa and LTR fees are never returned if the application is refused. The fee is for processing the application, not for issuing the visa or LTR.