Supreme Court Issues Arrest Warrant Against Thaksin

webfact

On a very similar thread IndyUK just wrote

When will you guys wake up? Taksin is not a criminal by any rational Juristic persons standards other than the system of justice corrupted by the Democrat conspiracy at that time. Everything since Taksin's conviction is orchestrated by Democrat conspirators who continue to hope that Taksin is further damaged or even destroyed. Anyone in Thailand that is copus mentos will know that is irrational. In fact what the Democrats seek woulhat d probably Damage Thailand even more seriously than the damage that they already caused.

So is this arrest warrant issued by a Government and system of Justice corrupted by Democrat conspiracy at this time? IndyUK, I think we should be told.

But....but....but.... It's all the Democrats fault doesn't everyone understand this? I have to get me one of these keyboards.

• Like 2

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yingluck: Phee the supreme court has issued an arrest warrant for you what should I do?

Thaksin: Naawng no problem they can't touch me just sing to them my favorite song "Screw their mothers".

Edited by Pimay1

When will you guys wake up? Taksin is not a criminal by any rational Juristic persons standards other than the system of justice corrupted by the Democrat conspiracy at that time. Everything since Taksin's conviction is orchestrated by Democrat conspirators who continue to hope that Taksin is further damaged or even destroyed. Anyone in Thailand that is copus mentos will know that is irrational. In fact what the Democrats seek woulhat d probably Damage Thailand even more seriously than the damage that they already caused.

So is this arrest warrant issued by a Government and system of Justice corrupted by Democrat conspiracy at this time? IndyUK, I think we should be told.

But....but....but.... It's all the Democrats fault doesn't everyone understand this? I have to get me one of these keyboards.

I feel a bit sorry for you with that stutter...................it seems to be getting worse.
  • Like 1

Thai court issues arrest warrant against Thaksin

BANGKOK, Oct 11, 2012 (AFP) - Thailand's Supreme Court on Thursday issued an arrest warrant for ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra, in the latest abuse of power charges brought against the controversial tycoon.

Thaksin, who was removed from power in a 2006 military coup and lives abroad to avoid a separate jail term for corruption, is one of 27 defendants facing trial over loans issued by the state-run Krung Thai Bank.

The former prime minister's absence from the Bangkok court "shows signs of evasion", said one of the nine presiding judges.

"The court decides to issue an arrest warrant only against the first defendant (Thaksin) and his trial will be pending until the prosecutor can bring him to court," he said.

Thaksin remains a deeply controversial figure in politically divided Thailand, where his sister Yingluck Shinawatra is the current prime minister.

He faces five charges including abuse of power and violation of banking laws along with the other defendants -- who include former executives at Krung Thai.

They are accused of using their positions to allow the bank to lend to companies known to have been in a poor financial situation while Thaksin was still in power.

The abuse of power charges carry a maximum 10 year jail term and state prosecutors are seeking the return of 10.5 billion baht ($340 million) in compensation.

A total of six arrest warrants have now been issued against Thaksin since he fled Thailand in 2008, including a case in which he was convicted of abuse of power over land purchases and four pending corruption trials.

Thailand's government has mooted an amnesty as part of reconciliation efforts following deadly street rallies in 2010 -- seen as the culmination of years of increasingly bitter splits in Thai politics since the coup.

But the opposition has claimed the scheme is aimed at enabling Thaksin to return home. Yingluck's party has postponed discussion of the proposals over fears they would further stoke tensions in the volatile nation.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2012-10-11

I feel a bit sorry for you with that stutter...................it seems to be getting worse.

Good one. It only gets worse with each post of the red key on the keyboards which is getting quite frequent now days. Seems it is getting harder each day for you guys to defend these PTP/UDD loose cannons, thus enter the "red key".

The evidence hasn't even been submitted to the court. Don't know why there are a lot of frothers on here trumpeting on about his guilt.

I wonder if they'll allow prosecution witnesses to give testimony in secret, as with the Ratchada case.

• Like 1

"A total of six arrest warrants have now been issued against Thaksin since he fled Thailand in 2008..."

My, oh my, the man is collecting outstanding arrest warrants like he does passports... ah, those obscenely rich criminals on the run and their unique hobbies...

Supreme Court issues arrest warrant for ex-PM Thaksin

image_201210111710264F4DC1EF-B708-8A8C-B072F3F62CE1BB93.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 11 -- The Supreme Court's Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions on Thursday issued an arrest warrant for ousted former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra on malfeasance charges involving Bt9.9 billion in non-performing loans issued by state-owned Krung Thai Bank (KTB).

A bench of nine judges chaired by Chaisit Trachutham, chairman of the court's election cases division clarified the charges to 26 defendants, including former KTB president Viroj Nualkair.

All of the defendants except Mr Thaksin appeared before the court to hear the charges.

The court, therefore, issued an arrest warrant for Mr Thaksin and suspended the suit against him from the case list, pending his arrest.

The court reasoned that Mr Thaksin was informed of the scheduled hearing but failed to appear, so it was suspected that he was fleeing the trial.

All 26 defendants denied the charges but the court set January 25 next year at 9am for examination of evidence. All defendants were told to submit their list of witnesses 14 days before the appointment date.

In this case, the Office of the Attorney-General filed malfeasance charges against Mr Thaksin, the first defendant in the case, and 26 others, including the former KTB president.

Mr Thaksin was charged with allowing the bank to grant the large amount of loans when he was a premier to three subsidiaries of debt-ridden Krisdamahanakorn real estate company in 2008.

Krisdamahanakorn PLC was then classified as a non-performing debtor of the bank and was not eligible for any further loans. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-0-10-11

One is inclined to ask whether this decision along with other decisions by the judiciary concerning the renegade bail jumper are the prime motives behind certain Red Shirt luminaries visiting their sponsor in Hong Kong?

The judiciaries decisions would have of course been known about prior to the warrants being issued as Thaksin and his acolytes know full well how the Thai legal system works and the result if one fails to appear in court to to answer charges, indeed it's much the same in the U.K. too.

What better time is there than now to re-ignite the passion that the Red Shirt brigade and their known leaders and of course their sponsor to have an action replay of the let's destroy Bangkok by burning and destroy the country.

This so a bunch or should I say ''rabble' of assorted megalomaniacs can return and try to attempt to assume power and create chaos in their bid to have a megalomaniac returned to power so as the said megalomaniac can resume the plundering of the state coffers and of course the manipulation of the judicial system and the rewriting of the constitution so as to benefit one person, his family and their brown nosing acolytes in his unquestionable desire for revenge,power and money at any cost?

The meeting agenda in Hong Kong probably reads thus from Pavlov. ''.Let loose the dogs of war !''

Well the response to it was Pavlovian certainly, but I believe the quote is from Shakspeare.

The 'cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war' form of the phrase is from his Julius Caesar, of 1601.

"ANTONY:

Blood and destruction shall be so in use

And dreadful objects so familiar

That mothers shall but smile when they behold

Their infants quarter'd with the hands of war;

All pity choked with custom of fell deeds:

And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,

With Ate by his side come hot from hell,

Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;

That this foul deed shall smell above the earth

With carrion men, groaning for burial."

May fit all too well in this instance.

Edited by animatic

Ah, but, according to Noppodom Pattama it's all invalid because no one else in the world will arrest him. I guess you can't call this politically motivated until there is a guilty verdict, right now they are only asking him to show up in court to defend his innocence, but he can't. So, more pressure for the grand amnesty of everything, ever. But he's the del facto leader of this country and the highest court has just put out another arrest warrant for him, right under his tenure, love it!!!

One more step forward for Thailand.

Thaksin not returning has never been about the Rachadapisek land deal conviction for abuse of power, but about incarceration for that small sentence making it impossible to avoid showing up for the other handful of more serious cases, each with serious jail time possible, and a will to prosecute him in evidence.

And this is the real reasons for the parliamentary moves and desire for a 'blanket amnesty'. Other wise he foresees eventually death in a luxury jail cell, with no face left, and no chance to rule Thailand.

Short of violence from the armed peace loving red/blackshirts I don't think we will hear much about the amnesty any more.wai.gif

Is there anyone on this forum who can tell me why Thaksin Shinawatra cannot/will not come back to Thailand.?

He cannot be arrested: No-one would dare.

He may be afraid of a stray bullet, but that scenario could have been achieved anywhere he has traveled in the world over the last six years by any competent hit man. He does indeed have some really serious enemies.

Quite simply, what's his problem?

Ah, but, according to Noppodom Pattama it's all invalid because no one else in the world will arrest him. I guess you can't call this politically motivated until there is a guilty verdict, right now they are only asking him to show up in court to defend his innocence, but he can't. So, more pressure for the grand amnesty of everything, ever. But he's the del facto leader of this country and the highest court has just put out another arrest warrant for him, right under his tenure, love it!!!

How can a charge of any clear break of the law be called politically motivated. That is a statement used if the charges are false and do not have a leg to stand on. Also the ones who stand to gain from it are politicians.

Thaksin should come back and face the charges. I don't know if this is like the states and he can get a court appointed Lawyer as the high price one's he is using or also useless.

• Like 1