Toyota Recalls 7.4 Million Vehicles Worldwide Over Faulty Switch

News_Editor

Toyota recalls 7.4 million vehicles worldwide over faulty switch < br />

2012-10-11 21:27:47 GMT+7 (ICT)

TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) -- Japanese automaker Toyota Motor Corp. on Wednesday announced it is recalling more than 7.4 million vehicles worldwide over a faulty power-window switch which could lead to smoke or fire under some circumstances, but no injuries have been reported.

The company said the faulty power-window switch was caused by an uneven application of the grease during the switch assembly process at the supplier. If the grease is not applied evenly, frequent use of the switch and normal operation may cause the grease to become carbonized and may eventually result in the deterioration of its lubricating properties.

As a result, the driver's side Power Window Master Switch (PWMS), which controls the windows for the driver and passengers, may experience a "notchy" or sticky feel during operation. If lubricants are applied to the switch in an attempt to address this issue, melting of the switch assembly or smoke could occur and lead to a fire under some circumstances.

The voluntary recall affects about a dozen models built between early 2006 and late 2010, according to Toyota officials. Among them are certain Yaris, RAV4, Tundra, Camry, Camry Hybrid, Scion xD, Scion xB, Sequoia, Highlander, Highlander Hybrid, Corolla and Matrix vehicles.

The recall includes approximately 2.5 million vehicles in the United States, 1.39 million vehicles in Europe, 8,700 vehicles in India, 460,000 vehicles in Japan, 21,145 vehicles in New Zealand, 297,931 vehicles in Australia, and 239,459 vehicles in Canada. A number of cases have been reported in multiple countries, but there have been no reports of accidents, injuries or deaths.

Owners of vehicles covered by Wednesday's safety recall will receive a letter during the next few months. Their vehicles will receive an inspection, switch disassembly, and special fluorine grease will be applied to fix the problem. This should take approximately one hour to complete, depending on the dealer's work schedule.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2012-10-11

But Thailand was not mentioned !

So no recall in Thailand !

fuc_k the customers !

I had brought the wifes Corolla to service a few times, they are more interesting in selling extra services then make a proper service !

I had been at 2 different Toyota shops, I paid more for a air con checkup then i normally pay for a full service on my MU7 !

At Isuzu is there a service plan in the service book, in Thai and English, so all can see what each service is about, Toyota does not have that, so they can tell their customers what they want !! FRAUD !!!

At least Toyota should by now be quite efficient with their recall procedures.

At least they're doing recalls unlike other manufacturers in a certain country where they do a calculation of what's cheaper - paying off the families of people that died or a recall, and the cheaper way is the way to go!`

• Like 1

But Thailand was not mentioned !

So no recall in Thailand !

fuc_k the customers !

I had brought the wifes Corolla to service a few times, they are more interesting in selling extra services then make a proper service !

I had been at 2 different Toyota shops, I paid more for a air con checkup then i normally pay for a full service on my MU7 !

At Isuzu is there a service plan in the service book, in Thai and English, so all can see what each service is about, Toyota does not have that, so they can tell their customers what they want !! FRAUD !!!

We weren't even given a service book when we bought our Toyota 2 years ago. They said that all service records and history was being kept on a national computer register and that this was best for the customer because it minimised fraud (to the contrary it just makes fraud easier without any owner held service hostory records). We then had a small surface scratch on the rear side that they (the selling dealership) insisted they need to have the car for 5 whole days to fix. The service manager was quite adament that I didnt have a clue about such processes. His insistance seemed to become further entrenched after I counter-insisted that he was a complete &lt;deleted&gt;!

Later we had the scratched buffed out by a pro during a morning whilst we went shopping at Big C.

Yes... "customer service" is not only another Thai oxymoron (certainly in relation to this Toyota dealer... the Big one near Airport Plaze Chiangmai),.. but they went on to insist that our claim to need a heater demister in our new vehicle was not required because "sir,.. you know,. Thailand is very hot country and you don't need heater!"

Next time we will consider Honda & Ford above all,.. and also Ssangyong. If we can afford a Beamer or a Merc then great,.. Kcuff them all!!!

We are eagerly waiting for Transam's comment on this issue laugh.png

I am here laugh.png , few more posts and l will make my speech. laugh.png

dam_n party at my place tonight rolleyes.gif , what it's for god knows, so l am getting inebriateddrunk.gif in advance.

I guess the party wasn't to celebrate the 390 Billion recall. laugh.png

http://wiki.answers...._has_Toyota_had

Edited by jbrain

We are eagerly waiting for Transam's comment on this issue laugh.png

I am here laugh.png , few more posts and l will make my speech. laugh.png

dam_n party at my place tonight rolleyes.gif , what it's for god knows, so l am getting inebriateddrunk.gif in advance.

We used to do that in college, we called it a "primer".