Schengen Visa Application Form Question Number 28

I am a little stuck on the question below, but I presume our final destinations will be UK/Thailand

Question 28 on Schengen Visa application form

Entry Permit for the final country of destination, if applicable

Issued by

Valid from......................until

We fly from

Manchester to Dusseldorf then to Bangkok (via Abu Dhabi)

Bangkok to Dusseldorf then to Manchester

Thanks

Edited by Hawkinschris

was about to ask the OP the same, unless his wife is leaving the airport she will not need a schengen visa.

Edit - just read the OPs other post seems a long stopover in Dusseldorf, so if leaving the airport she will require a Visa.

Since your wife is Thai an entry permit for Thailand is not required, so leave it blank or write not required (Thai national).

Edited by beano2274

Would have avoided confusion had he either asked this question in his other thread, or mentioned in this one that he would be stopping over in Düsseldorf!

If the question says "Entry Permit for the final country of destination, if applicable" then it isn't applicable as she is Thai and so doesn't need one to enter Thailand.

If you want her to go landside in DUS, she will need a schengen visa. So apply from the date you first land there until you leave the second time.. The entry permit bit is not relevant for Thailand, but you could put that she has a UK visa as ultimately, that is where she will be departing the schengen zone for.

I believe Chris is going to Germany for a visit & flying onto Thailand.

Correct!

When we booked the flights, it was cheaper to fly to Thailand from Germany than from the UK.

So, we decided to book from Germany and have a night in Dusseldorf on each leg.

Therefore, she (wife) requires a Schengen Visa (question 28 just threw me although I kind of answered my own question in my OP)

Sometimes its easier to post a quick question here just for clarification.

They are only concerned that they don't get stuck with someone that is denied boarding by an airline because they don't have a visa for the next destination; e.g. if you were planning to fly to the US from Germany they want to know if you have a valid US visa or you will be stuck in Germany and forced to overstay the Schengen visa. In your case, therefore, the final destination is Thailand and the answer is "Visa for Thailand not required".