Which Cheapish Coffee Is Ok? Moccono Doesn't Cut It...

ThailandNeil

Which Cheapish Coffee Is Ok,,,

Maybe more the question is where to buy..

instant Coffee I drink @ Big C cost 455 baht for 200g. Hat Yai same coffee, brand, jar, size 225 baht, a few odd Mom & Pops [north of BKK] stores sell same between 250 - 270 baht.

Just maybe your buying in the wrong place? Fresh coffee I like is the Dutch one, oddly cheapest place is Friendship in Pattaya. 270 baht 500g

• 2 weeks later...

Out of all the coffees I have tried I have settled on Doi, Espresso I believe it is from the Chiang mai region. Cheap, Thai and has the best kick for your satang.

ill second that, the espresso is actually perfectly ground for my espresso machine and one nice long pull will blow your doors off first thing in the morning.

i don't consider instant coffee coffee at all.

Edited by tinfoilhat

• 1 month later...

Moccona green box (fresh) b83 promo at Tops for 250gm - can't beat that with a stick.That is like 50% less than Doi.

Im a coffee snob too. Best value coffee I've bought in years.

I do though dislike the red and blue boxes.

Only drink instant when its ONLY option.

Edited by bangkokburning

I got some surprisingly good and inexpensive (can't remember the name or price) from Macro on Hang Don Road. It really is nice, the assistant ground the beans whilst I waited, and even asked how I was brewing it - I remember from years gone by that coffee has to be ground finer for a drip machine than for an expresso maker, I was surprised and pleased he asked.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys re: Moccona (Anno 1753) Just keep repeating to yourselves: Blue Mountain - No Good / Blue Mountain - No Good / etc.

BTW My favorite movie coffee quote from Airplane (1980):

Young Boy with Coffee: Excuse me, I happened to be passing, and I thought you might like some coffee.

Little Girl: Oh, that's very nice of you, thank you. [takes coffee]

Little Girl: Oh, won't you sit down?

Young Boy with Coffee: Cream?

Little Girl: No, thank you, I take it black, like my men.

Edited by JLCrab