Likely About-Turn On Thaksin's Passport Seen As A Move To Save The Govt

Lite Beer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't the issue since the election been more of saving face, rather than whether he actually serves time.

As soon as he got his passport, he could have been on his plane, back to his homeland.

I am sure the mechanism has been put in place to ensure he will never have to pay for his crimes.

However, that doesn't allow him to have the international spectacular return to Thailand, as a vindicated man.

Running the country from Dubai isn't half as impressive as being back where he 'belongs'

I am sure that the democratic "grown ups" at Interpol gave due consideration to the points you raise, but then quite correctly concluded that the charges and "conviction" against taksin S were politically motivated by the ruling military govenment at the time.

His conviction came under his brother-in-law's government at the time.

I think it was started under Samak (Thaksin clone), found guilty and Thaksin went abroad with government permission but skipped bail and has not come back yet under Somchai (Thaksin's brother in law). The Democrats failed to get him sent back and now 15 months after his youner sister and TRT took power and stuffed everywhere they can with Thaksins family, classmates and cronies he is STILL the same convicted criminal and fugitive that he was before.

So with 3 Thaksin friendly and 1 unfriendly he isn't in Thailand and he keeps crying that he can go to any country in the world except Thailand.

This is of course a blatant lie as he can return to Thailand at any time but as a criminal to go to jail and not as he wants, whitewashed and purified.

Edited by billd766
  • Like 1

There is no way round it. Thaksin is a wanted criminal.

It is a somewhat confusing conundrum.

The thai judicial system says he is, but the International judicial system (Interpol) says he isn't

Are you trolling or do you honestly think every wanted criminal in the world is on the Interpol list?cheesy.gifpassifier.gifviolin.gifburp.gifWPFflags.gif

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 1

The thai judicial system says he is, but the International judicial system (Interpol) says he isn't

Are you trolling or do you honestly think every wanted criminal in the world is on the Interpol list?cheesy.gifpassifier.gifviolin.gifburp.gifWPFflags.gif

is INTERPOL a judiciary?

is INTERPOL a judiciary?

No....Interpol will only arrest somebody if the country were the person is fleeing from requests it, seeing as it appears no one in any of Thai goverments since his departure have requested this of Interpol, they will do nothing

I am sure that the democratic "grown ups" at Interpol gave due consideration to the points you raise, but then quite correctly concluded that the charges and "conviction" against taksin S were politically motivated by the ruling military govenment at the time.

I think it was started under Samak (Thaksin clone), found guilty and Thaksin went abroad with government permission but skipped bail and has not come back yet under Somchai (Thaksin's brother in law). The Democrats failed to get him sent back and now 15 months after his youner sister and TRT took power and stuffed everywhere they can with Thaksins family, classmates and cronies he is STILL the same convicted criminal and fugitive that he was before.

So with 3 Thaksin friendly and 1 unfriendly he isn't in Thailand and he keeps crying that he can go to any country in the world except Thailand.

This is of course a blatant lie as he can return to Thailand at any time but as a criminal to go to jail and not as he wants, whitewashed and purified.

While one very old, sick and much loved man remains with us Thaksin dare not set a foot in this country.

• Like 1

His latest arrest warrant (he has six) was issued with his sister as Prime Minister.

• Like 2

His latest arrest warrant (he has six) was issued with his sister as Prime Minister.

But I think that is the point with Interpol.

They dont have a problem with the current government, but with the current and previous judicial arrangement issuing the warrents.

But I think that is the point with Interpol.

They dont have a problem with the current government, but with the current and previous judicial arrangement issuing the warrents.

Will you listen! I am typing slooooowly! Interpol are a multi-national police organization that will if at all possible arrest anyone that has had an INTERNATIONAL arrest warrant issued on them and where the Government of the issuing country make a request to Interpol to help apprehend the individual. Interpol are NOT part of the decision making process. Perhaps if you would not slavishly stick to a point even when I am sure you can see it is clearly wrong, then you wouldn't get banned as much as you do. You must have a hell of a lot of email accounts by now.

• Like 2

Will you listen! I am typing slooooowly! Interpol are a multi-national police organization that will if at all possible arrest anyone that has had an INTERNATIONAL arrest warrant issued on them and where the Government of the issuing country make a request to Interpol to help apprehend the individual. Interpol are NOT part of the decision making process. Perhaps if you would not slavishly stick to a point even when I am sure you can see it is clearly wrong, then you wouldn't get banned as much as you do. You must have a hell of a lot of email accounts by now.

Oh stop getting your knckers in a twist....

Just accept the Democrats did not want Thaksin back in the country, and the current government has no inclination to bring him back unless he can avoid any further charges and have his current convictions and arrests nullified......in short his chance of ever returning is virtually nil, hence, how he travels, and what country passport he travels on is rather immaterial....but it gives the democrats some purpose in life I guess.....

Edited by 473geo

Interpol are a multi-national police organization that will if at all possible arrest anyone that has had an INTERNATIONAL arrest warrant issued on them and where the Government of the issuing country make a request to Interpol to help apprehend the individual. Interpol are NOT part of the decision making process.

I am not saying that Interpol are part of the guilty/innocent judgement process of the allegations against the individual concerned, as you infer.

But they most certainly do make a judgement of the democratic basis of the requesting government and its judicial process, when deciding to take on the case or not.

In this instance they decided not to take the case.

Interpol are a multi-national police organization that will if at all possible arrest anyone that has had an INTERNATIONAL arrest warrant issued on them and where the Government of the issuing country make a request to Interpol to help apprehend the individual. Interpol are NOT part of the decision making process.

I am not saying that Interpol are part of the guilty/innocent judgement process of the allegations against the individual concerned, as you infer.

But they most certainly do make a judgement of the democratic basis of the requesting government and its judicial process, when deciding to take on the case or not.

In this particular case it never got that far. Interpol requested all documentation in English and neither the previous government nor the current is in a real hurrywink.png

How can you seriously provide an answer of that quality (edited to add 'lack of' I would hate you to get the wrong idea) with the word 'Truth' in your moniker rolleyes.gif

Edited by GentlemanJim

Absolutely no evidence of that in this case. Totally made up by you. Well actually not made up by you but made up by Thaksin in 2010 and repeated by you now.

Edited by yoshiwara
  • Like 1

While one very old, sick and much loved man remains with us Thaksin dare not set a foot in this country.

I agree with the sentiment but if Thaksin has to wait to return only after the VIP exits the stage, then Thaksin loses face big, big time.

Yes...Interpol will decline a goverments request if they believe there is political motivation, in the case of the gentleman concerned, no formal request was every made to Interpol, this was made in a statement from Interpol from what I remember, what I understand there were enquires and the Interpol requested all the documents in English, which didnt happen... ergo how can Interpol make a decision on a international arrest warrant, because they didnt full understand or have information in the first place to make that judgement...rolleyes.gif

The TV faithful are using this to suggest our man in Dubai innocent and Interpol have said so... rolleyes.gif

Lets take the current warrant...his sister is in power and he is running the goverment by proxy...so if Interpol is requested to put an international "warrant" on him do you think they are going to say its politically movtivated ?

I suspect what will happen....They are going to pull his Thai passport and then come out and say they cant get him arrest via Interpol because he doesnt have a Thai passport or is no long a Thai "citizen" or some BS like that...

I vaguely remember a statement from the goverment on TV that they havent persued him internationally because they dont know were he is....so if they dont know where he is why didnt they get interpol to put an international arrest warrant on him then...this is the purpose of Interpol...cheesy.gif

I agree with the sentiment but if Thaksin has to wait to return only after the VIP exits the stage, then Thaksin loses face big, big time.

Agreed and he wants to ride back in here as the messiah of Thailand with a squeaky clean reputation, absolved of all wrong doing...his ego will not accept anything less..

but but but you are saying that

• Like 1

GentlemanJim#52

Hope you typed slow enough.cheesy.gif

No confusion at all,only yours,I don't recall Interpol saying anything at all in the Thaksin case.

Ouch!

Not the same.

The thai court verdict judged Taksin S as guilty of a" criminal" offence.

Interpol judged the thai court verdict against Taksin S as "Political".

Not the same.

No they didn't, as has been clearly shown on this thread! There was no translated request for Interpol to act on. Interpol at no point said that the verdict was political.

You were misinformed, you were disseminating mis-truth (rather ironic given your username) and now you have been educated. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and guess you didn't know what you were talking about, but it's morally and ethically wrong to spread misinformation when you know that it isn't correct. Please don't do it again.

• Like 1

Not the same.

No they didn't, as has been clearly shown on this thread! There was no translated request for Interpol to act on. Interpol at no point said that the verdict was political.

You were misinformed, you were disseminating mis-truth (rather ironic given your username) and now you have been educated. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and guess you didn't know what you were talking about, but it's morally and ethically wrong to spread misinformation when you know that it isn't correct. Please don't do it again.

Well then, lets examine your point of view there. " There was no translated request for Interpol to act on"

What!, from a military proxy who would stop at nothing to get Taksin S?

The only credible reason for being no translated request for interpol to act on, is because the military proxy itself knew full well it was a political verdict and any request on that basis was going nowhere.

No they didnt, they never "judged" anything becasue...they had no information on the case, because nobody in the Thai goverment provided it