Telephone Emgineer

SDM0712

Can anyone recommend a telephone engineer ?

I have a situation where I have a new house with a TOT Internet feed. The supply speed is good but the internal connection in the house is not and the speed fluctuates wildy after the house junction box. Normal Thai BS, TOT won't touch anything in the house and the builder hasn't got a clue.

Thanks guys !!

Stephen

Not thai BS. Carriers in the States also don't touch anything after the demarcation point. They're not liable for the cables inside your property. If you get a friendly repair guy, he may look at it quickly at risk to his own job. Good luck getting the problem diagnosed. I used to do this for a living but I just left Thailand so I can't help you.

Shawn

Rats and horny cats are the biggest culprits for cables being bad between the demarcation point and above the ceiling areas. Change the cables from demarc to your jack. World of difference.

Same goes for cable tv.

Also, never heard of TOT not fixing cables upto the jack in the house. You may have to pay them a couple hundred baht, but why not?

Googled ...found this !

H3 Digital

19/7 Moo7 Srisoontorn Rd

Thalang

Phuket 83110

Thailand

Tel.: +66-76-620 116

Mobile: +66-86-266 2786

Western run high end audio company.

Too expensive and much cheaper options on the island.

Buy only from Thai companies, they don't fold and give you what you paid for.

Rats and horny cats are the biggest culprits for cables being bad between the demarcation point and above the ceiling areas. Change the cables from demarc to your jack. World of difference.

Same goes for cable tv.

Also, never heard of TOT not fixing cables upto the jack in the house. You may have to pay them a couple hundred baht, but why not?

TOT engineers will normaly sort it for 1000 baht ish that seems to be the going rate in Thalang, had the same problem it was the internal cable cheap rubbish just degraded very quickly in the heat of the roof space and shorted out rolleyes.gif

Same goes for cable tv.

TOT engineers will normaly sort it for 1000 baht ish that seems to be the going rate in Thalang, had the same problem it was the internal cable cheap rubbish just degraded very quickly in the heat of the roof space and shorted out rolleyes.gif

He did say it's "a new house." Obviously they used the cheapest and poorest quality cables they could find. I'd be getting the electricity cables checked as well.

Edited by NamKangMan

Googled ...found this !

H3 Digital

19/7 Moo7 Srisoontorn Rd

Thalang

Phuket 83110

Thailand

Tel.: +66-76-620 116

Mobile: +66-86-266 2786

Western run high end audio company.

Too expensive and much cheaper options on the island.

Buy only from Thai companies, they don't fold and give you what you paid for.

H3 has been going for nearly 10 years now, we aren't the cheapest, but we do an expert job. If everyone were to compete on cost alone then it would be a race to the bottom for quality.

Not really our line of work but speeds can vary wildly depending on contention, time of day (when the kids get home from school speeds plummet) and a million other variables. Set up something that generally draws a stable speed (for example a big download from a fast/reliable server) and keep an eye on the speed throughout the day. If it still varies wildly, check out the modem and make sure that's running fine - If it's definitely the cable then you can probably get the TOT guys to pull a new one out of hours for you.