Suspected Drug Dealers Arrested On Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Two suspected drug dealers arrested on Pattaya Beach

PATTAYA:--Two suspected drug dealers who operate on Pattaya Beach were arrested by Pattaya Police on Monday afternoon.

The case began with the arrest of Khun Sommai aged 19 who was stopped on his motorbike along Pattaya Beach, as he appeared to be acting in a suspicious manner. A search uncovered two packets of a white powder which was later tested and not found to be anything illegal.

At Pattaya Police station he confessed to selling real and counterfeit drugs to Thai’s and foreigners on Pattaya Beach and on this occasion he was about to sell the white powder which he would claim was cocaine. He was also happy to reveal his supplier, a 23 year old female who was arrested following an undercover operation, using the first suspect who contacted her to order drugs. She was arrested further up Pattaya Beach with 3 Yabba Tablets and also taken to Pattaya Police Station.

Full story:http://www.pattayaon...-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-10-15

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

On a day where confessions were easy to come-by, she also confessed to supplying drugs to Khun Sommai on a regular basis. Both are now facing serious drugs charges and will be held on remand pending Court appearances.

So they both did each other in while further incriminating themselves. Very smart indeed.

but I wonder what charges Khun Sommai will face if the substance was not found to be anything illegal? And because he was “ about to sell the white powder which he would claim was cocaine “. At what point is there a crime in this situation?

Edited by Asiantravel

but I wonder what charges Khun Sommai will face if the substance was not found to be anything illegal? And because he was “ about to sell the white powder which he would claim was cocaine “. At what point is there a crime in this situation?

Try that story on the judge, i fear it will fall on deaf ears and you would be punished as if the powder was class A.

Try that story on the judge, i fear it will fall on deaf ears and you would be punished as if the powder was class A.

I think he would be seriously punished by a not so happy customer, if he had sold the "white powder".

Edited by Semper

Let this be a warning to anyone considering getting into any illegal business with a Thai. To say they have absolutely NO allegiance to anyone including their own family would be an understatement. If you are in a position that requires you to rely on the allegiance of another thai then you need to have a backup plan for when they don't honor that allegiance. This has nothing to do with Thai vs tourists or westerners. This is just how the Thais are. They would sooner rat out their own families then stand up against authority.

I could tell you a 1/2 dozen different stories of Thais I know being "setup" by family members to try and better their situation. In the end, everyone is in the sh!t and the loss of face is forgotten by the family.

Edited by Jayman