Convenient New Aeon Atm In Gateway Center, Bts Ekamai

I haven't been to BKK since April 2011 - while there I used Siam Paragon - ATM one floor down from food court - At Silom Center when you enter from BTS turn right walk till you are required to tun left s/b looking at Aeon ATM on your left. Also MBK but I forget floor - hard to find anyway - Regardless, using Charles Schwab (no foreign trans fee)

bank card and Aeon ATM's (no 150 baht fee) I calculate I saved approx. US $600 in fees last trip (80 days). of course I didn't really save it it got spent too.clap2.gif

Surprised no one has mentioned the one that opened with Terminal 21, Asoke BTS, all the way in the basement. But glad to learn about the one at Ekkamai. Maybe even more convenient.

Actually I like the Citibank ATMs across the road. They cannot eat your card, which Aeon sometimes does. There are a few reports on Aeon which are not good regarding their customer service. But YMMV.

Surprised no one has mentioned the one that opened with Terminal 21, Asoke BTS, all the way in the basement. But glad to learn about the one at Ekkamai. Maybe even more convenient.

Actually I like the Citibank ATMs across the road. They cannot eat your card, which Aeon sometimes does. There are a few reports on Aeon which are not good regarding their customer service. But YMMV.

Are those machine fee free on citibanks end?

There used to be one at the foot of the elevators going up to Big C in Rama 4 but they removed the machine and replaced the machine with girls handing out Aeon brochures. They would not dispense money to me no matter how sweetly i smiled at them. It just doesn't work in reverse. Bring back the machine.!!!!

Thanks for the update re the new AEON ATMs at Ekamai.

As for the others, as others have mentioned above:

2 on the basement level of Terminal 21 at Asoke BTS/Sukhumvit MRT

2 on the 4th floor of Big C Ratchadamri (across from CentralWorld)

1 in the basement/parking level of Siam Paragon, Siam BTS

1 in the parking structure entrance at Big C Extra On Nut, On Nut BTS

1 on the 3rd or 4th floor of MBK, about midway thru the mall, National Stadium BTS

1 outside in the bus stop area at Victory Monument, Victory Monument BTS

1 on the ground floor, far end, of Tesco Lotus FortuneTown, Rama 9 MRT

1 on the second floor of Silom Complex (but that mall currently is closed for renovation)

And yes, the Citibank ATMs at the corner of Sukhumvit and Asoke at Citibank Thai's HQ there also are free of any Thai-based ATM fees, such as the 150 baht withdrawal fee charged by the regular Thai banks, at least for U.S. VISA and MC cardholders.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

Are those machine fee free on citibanks end?

Yes, as it is a foreign bank. Unfortunately, they are only present in BKK with ATMs in Asoke and Central World.

You are right about Aeons customer service, I asked how much I was allowed to draw per day from my UK account. I was told 40.000 Baht. It is in fact 15.000 Baht. I am not complaining though as they don't steal from us like all the other banks here. I think you know what I mean.

Possum, there's no way anyone associated with AEON would have any idea on the amount you can withdraw from a UK account.

The only thing AEON would know is how much anyone can withdraw from their AEON ATMs at one time. I don't think AEON has any daily limits, since they're not the one holding the account.

By most reports, AEON ATMs will dispense at least 40 bills of the 1000 baht variety per withdrawal. There have been some member reports here that their ATMs will spit out even larger per withdrawal amounts, but I can't confirm those. I certainly can confirm the up to 40,000 per withdrawal amount -- assuming your home bank withdrawal limits allow it.

• Like 2

^^^^^What TallGuyJohninBKK said. Thousands of banks issuing debit/credit cards...the companies like AEON, Bangkok Bank, K-Bank, SCB, and whoever putting ATMs out for use don't know what your card daily limit is...they could only possibly tell you the maximum their machines will spit out in one transaction which is usually in the 25K-40K baht range if they have sufficient funds in the ATM at the time of the withdrawal....not to imply an ATM would spit out 40K baht if your daily limit set by your bank issuing the card is say equivalent to 30K baht. When you slide your card into the ATM it effectively communicates with your bank and if the withdrawal amount is approved then it spits out the money....if your bank rejects the transaction because say it's over your daily limit, then that AEON/Bangkok Bank/K-bank/etc...etc...etc is just displaying that rejection to you.

Call your bank to find out your daily limit...and then just hope the customer service rep you talk to gives you accurate info...seems many customer support sections don't provide very good training to their reps nowdays.

• Like 1

Just noticed a new AEON ATM in Phra Khanong, in the lobby of the tallest of the new condo towers on the outbound side of Sukhumvit between the BTS station and the intersection with Suk. 71.

Also on Rhamkhamheng Rd. in the mall with the Big-C, basement IT level.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Possum, there's no way anyone associated with AEON would have any idea on the amount you can withdraw from a UK account.

The only thing AEON would know is how much anyone can withdraw from their AEON ATMs at one time. I don't think AEON has any daily limits, since they're not the one holding the account.

By most reports, AEON ATMs will dispense at least 40 bills of the 1000 baht variety per withdrawal. There have been some member reports here that their ATMs will spit out even larger per withdrawal amounts, but I can't confirm those. I certainly can confirm the up to 40,000 per withdrawal amount -- assuming your home bank withdrawal limits allow it.

This is total rubbish, just like I've read people saying that they can withdraw up to 100,000 baht just in one pull. Ever since I moved here a month ago & reading that AEON is the best & can withdraw big amounts on cash to save fees, I've been trying to do this. I went to Terminal21 AEON branch today & asked the teller if I can withdraw from the teller using my overseas ATM card but she couldn't understand English well or the others so called the office & put me through to someone who could speak English. I was informed the max is 20,000 baht that can be taken out. I asked if the teller can give me 60,000 baht but they said no, 20,000 baht is the max. I was hoping that it would be a "yes" as I've read that other banks if you use the teller you can get more than the ATM limit.

So I made my few steps towards the ATM & tried my luck, but the screen also says 20,000 baht max. To get 60,000 baht I had to insert my card 3 times therefore getting charged 3 times by my homecountry bank for fees :(

I really don't know how other people are managing to get more than 20,000 baht from AEON ATMs. Please share where you do this on Sukhumvit.

This is total rubbish, just like I've read people saying that they can withdraw up to 100,000 baht just in one pull. Ever since I moved here a month ago & reading that AEON is the best & can withdraw big amounts on cash to save fees, I've been trying to do this. I went to Terminal21 AEON branch today & asked the teller if I can withdraw from the teller using my overseas ATM card but she couldn't understand English well or the others so called the office & put me through to someone who could speak English. I was informed the max is 20,000 baht that can be taken out. I asked if the teller can give me 60,000 baht but they said no, 20,000 baht is the max. I was hoping that it would be a "yes" as I've read that other banks if you use the teller you can get more than the ATM limit.

So I made my few steps towards the ATM & tried my luck, but the screen also says 20,000 baht max. To get 60,000 baht I had to insert my card 3 times therefore getting charged 3 times by my homecountry bank for fees sad.png

I really don't know how other people are managing to get more than 20,000 baht from AEON ATMs. Please share where you do this on Sukhumvit.

Not on Sukhumvit, but I regularly take out 40k baht directly in one transaction from an AEON ATM. Guess I get more rubbish than you! Comes from not ranting after being here only a month.

Hmmmm - "asked the teller if I can withdraw from the teller" "but she couldn't understand English well"

Yeap, over the last 6 weeks or so the limit per withdrawal on AEON ATMs has dropped to Bt20K, or at least on the three different AEON ATMs I have used over the last few weeks in western Bangkok and Nakhon Pathom. I use to be able to draw up to approx. $1000 in baht (approx. Bt30K based on earlier exchange rates) per transaction from these AEON ATMs since my Visa debit card has a daily $1000 withdrawal limit set by the card-issuing bank. I would do one Bt30K withdrawal once or twice a month. Now to get my maximum daily withdrawal limit of around Bt31K based on the current exchange rates, I need to slide my card in twice....once to get Bt20K and then again to get the other Bt11K....come back the next day once my $1000 daily limit resets and do it again if I need another Bt31K.

• 3 weeks later...

For who knows what reasons, the rollout of AEON's new 20,000 baht per ATM withdrawal limit didn't seem to occur simultaneously at all their ATMs... I was getting the 20K limit at my AEON ATMs, while Pib for a short while was still withdrawing larger amounts. But now his AEON ATMs also have the limit.

So I suspect, anyone posting here about getting more than 20K per pull from an AEON ATM either a) hasn't done one very recently or b] will soon find that they're going to end up in the same 20K boat as everyone else.

And that one AEON ATM I use all the time still does not reflect the Bt20K withdrawal limit anywhere on the outside of the machine or on any of the screen displays. I used it just a few days ago and looked very slowly and closely. It will let you enter more than Bt20K but if you do and when you push the continue button which causes the money to spit out the screen immediately goes grey and about two seconds later it spits your card out with no money or receipt being spit out also....or at least that is what happened the one time I attempted to draw out more than Bt20K a few weeks ago and didn't know the limit had been lowered to Bt30K. I was hoping all the posts talking about AEON ATM lowering the limit was limited to some high usage machines that were running out of cash too often. But the machine I use I would not consider a high usage AEON ATM....it was never out of cash.

The time this happened did not result in a charge to my account but it did trigger a possible fraudulent transaction call from the Visa folks...I told them the story...they were happy...said have a nice day...I said thanks for watching out for me. Before I had done Bt30K withdrawals on the machine many times and an occasional Bt31K withdrawal exchange rate permitting since my cards have a $1000 daily withdrawal limit.

I guess whoever manually setup the Bt20K limit on this particular machine forgot to setup a max withdrawal notice. But as mentioned earlier if you need more than Bt20K you just slide you card back into the machine and do another withdrawal after doing the Bt20K withdrawal a few seconds earlier. I occasionally use two other AEON ATMs and I used one about two weeks ago short of actually pulling cash just to see if any withdrawal limit notice appeared...and on this machine and there was a notice on one screen stating the Bt20K limit.

Around two weeks ago I did four transactions one right after the other for Bt61K using two different debit cards (each card had a $1000 daily withdrawal limit) at the AEON ATM I use all the time...the machine that did the grey screen thing on me. So that proved to me the Bt20K limit was just per transaction and didn't keep track of your card number in preventing you from doing another transaction same day. And once again on each of those 4 transaction I looked closely for any Bt20K limit notification--none to be seen. But for the most part I expect a Bt20K limit will stop X-amount of people from using the machine again that day because those people "assume" the ATM wouldn't give them anymore money if trying again that day.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have a updated list? The Aeon link is not working anymore.

Just pasting what was written earlier (I was looking for these atms too):

2 on the basement level of Terminal 21 at Asoke BTS/Sukhumvit MRT

2 on the 4th floor of Big C Ratchadamri (across from CentralWorld)

1 in the basement/parking level of Siam Paragon, Siam BTS

1 in the parking structure entrance at Big C Extra On Nut, On Nut BTS

1 on the 3rd or 4th floor of MBK, about midway thru the mall, National Stadium BTS

1 outside in the bus stop area at Victory Monument, Victory Monument BTS

1 on the ground floor, far end, of Tesco Lotus FortuneTown, Rama 9 MRT

1 on the second floor of Silom Complex (but that mall currently is closed for renovation)

Plus above a poster added:

Max value store at bottom of Ideo Mix condo near Northeast stairs to Udom Suk Bts (I will check this one myself soon, as I live close to here)

Op:

Gateway center at BTS ekkamai on the same "floor" as the bts, just walk in and stay on that level.

Add also the Citibank atms at Asok BTS previously discussed.

Thanks for the update!

I had been making two 20,000 baht with drawls. Duh :)

Thanks for the update!

I had been making two 20,000 baht with drawls. Duh smile.png

When TallGuy made that post back on 21 Oct 12 AEON ATMs would dispense more than Bt20K per withdrawal...probably up to Bt40K like he mentioned if your card allowed such an amount per withdrawal/day...I do know I had done up to Bt32K in one withdrawal on each of my $1000USD limit debit cards when the exchange rate was at least 32 baht/USD...would pull Bt64K in only two withdrawals this way. But around 3-6 months ago AEON lowered their limit to Bt20K per withdrawal. So, now if I want to max out my $1000 daily limit (approx Bt32K) on either of my cards I have to do two withdrawals....I usually first do a Bt20K withdrawal...stick that money in my pocket...slide the card back in an get another Bt12K....and as mentioned since I have another card with a $1000 daily limit I can then repeat the two withdrawals process to get another Bt32K. Both cards are no foreign transaction fee cards.

I miss the higher AEON ATM limit primarily because of having to do two withdrawals to reach my card limit. And I think, I'm not sure, that is why Visa called me a few weeks ago regarding one of my two cards to confirm it was me making a Bt10K withdrawal....I had made this Bt10K withdrawal "right after/within seconds" of making a Bt20K withdrawal with the card...they were not calling about the first Bt20K withdrawal just the second Bt10K withdrawal. Maybe when their system spotted one withdrawal of a certain X-amount "immediately after" another large withdrawal they thought it might be a fraudulent transaction. I called the Visa number left in the voice mail...ended up talking to a computer...I confirmed it was indeed me making the Bt10K withdrawal...and then the computer said thank you, the card is still good to go, have a nice day. Now on my other card issued by a different bank I haven't got any calls from Visa (yet) when doing two withdrawals one right after the other. I expect this bank has a different set of flags setup to monitor transactions/withdrawals...some banks are more picky than others.