Hidden Gems Of Bangkok?

ThailandNeil

I like going to a small out-door bar on the river. In the shadow of a 5 star hotel but hardly any other customers. If I told you where it was I was I would probably have to kill you!

Be My Guest . . . . wink.png

you mean this place? :D

http://www.tripadvisor.in/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d1875734-Reviews-Be_My_Guest-Bangkok.html

• Like 2

Soi Cowboy, Shark Club. They play better music than the other bars and the girls seem friendlier.

Otherwise, I can do Tuba on Ekkamai or Saxophone next to Victory Monument. Wong's Place is considered as one of the original backpacker bars. It has a nice vibe and worthy of a try.

If you have to ask, you'll probably never know... wink.png

The folks on here who've found the nice places aren't really too keen to let on about them...

An attitude which never makes any sense to me at all.

When I find a place I like I tell friends about it - otherwise it may never get to be well known and will quite quickly close because of lack of custom. It's to everyones' advantage to publicise these places.

Patrick

• Like 1

Why not try going down Rambutree Road,next to Khao San Road.There is a turn off to take you down to the river and the old fort,next to Gecko Bar,I forget the name?

There's quite a few old shophouses turned into very nice little bars and restaurants,even a park next to the river.A few hippy-type jugglers had discovered it last time I was there but it was over a year ago!thumbsup.gif

I like Silom Pattakarn in Silom Soi 15 just past Wat Kaek, a very old restaurant.

Chinese food with a Western influence, apparently as a result of Expatriates importing cooks from Hainan many years ago.

Try :

Ox Tongue Stew

Pork Chop

Chicken Curry

Steak Salad

Everything is usually eaten with bread, not rice.

Patrick

• Like 1