Health Certificate Rejected By Work Permit People

I work in Chonburi and went to a clinic in Pattaya for my health certificate which is now required by the Labour Department for a work permit. But the Labour dept. rejected the certificate claiming that all of the necessary tests had not been done. I got the certificiate (80Baht) at the clinic on the corner of Third Road and Pattaya Tai. Other peolpe I work with have used this clinic without problems. Any suggestions for getting a certificate from a fast, ceap clinic in Pattaya?

Everybody in Thailand KNOWS, including the thai´s, that you just bought that doctors certficate and in many cases you do not even meet a doctor. Here in Chaiyaphum 1 pay 20 bath for the same one, but good for driver licensis.

So go to the hospital where they at least take some of the tests that they are suppose to take. Yes little bit more expensier, like 200 baht or something, but who cares 200 baht or 80 baht..... is that really a problem...???

Glegolo

Getting all the required tests done, including the blood test, and chest x-ray, in Bangkok at the Tropical Disease clinic down from Victory Monument cost bt300 total (much cheaper than most other clinics in Bangkok catering to foreigners), and the certificate is accepted for a WP as the tests are done, and not just written off as having been done. The one the local clinic I live by did for bt50 was rejected outright as no blood test, or chest x-ray was listed on the form as having been done.

I'm in bangkok so a little off topic but last month I got my certificate from bumrungrad without any blood tests or any other tests except a once over from the doc. He printed out a generic bumrungrad certificate and ticked all the boxes no syphilis no alcoholism etc. Just over 400 baht but no messing about with any tests. I just received my work permit in bangkok.

Edited by guru

The blood test is not just for syph, but you also now need to list your blood group in your work permit :-)

I just received a new work permit due to change of position and nothing in the WP identifies my blood group or the testing results. Have had to have blood test for syph the last two years at 200 baht.

I'm in bangkok so a little off topic but last month I got my certificate from bumrungrad without any blood tests or any other tests except a once over from the doc. He printed out a generic bumrungrad certificate and ticked all the boxes no syphilis no alcoholism etc. Just over 400 baht but no messing about with any tests. I just received my work permit in bangkok.

Jesus sounds like you were robbed and no blood test either.............? Got the full medical including blood test here in Misiion Hospital in Phuket 285 baht....

You need a blood test for Syphillis called VDRL, it is a new requirement.

Also I was told that you need to go to a hospital and not some back street clinic because the labour office knows all to well these clinics will knock out certificates all day long without proper checks.

I got mine done at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

Although the Labour Office I deal with is Patum Thani.

From this year you must have the negative Syphilis test ( blood sample = app.400 Baht)

It depends where you get the work permit. I renewed a few months ago, and backstreet clinic cert still accepted in Rayong. Try not to be so finite in your posts when you don't really know what you are talking about.

Everyone keeps on stating u must have a blood test for syphilis as its allegedly in the new requirements but as I said if u work in bkk go to bumrungrad and u don't have to mess around with blood tests and x rays and other unnecessary tests. The labour office in bangkok accepts bumrungrads own generic form with just the boxes ticked saying u don't have tertiary syphilis, alcoholism etc etc. I literally just received my work permit. So I'm very happy to pay 400 baht as I can walk there from my home and not be pricked in the arm and wait for results. Oh and there is no blood type mentioned in the wp

Can depend on employer, from the simple doctor asks if you are feeling ok and gives you the certificate, to chest ex-rays, T.B., elephantitis, syphillis stage 3blood and urine. (I would hate to know what stages one and two are). If employer is providing life insurance a HIV, mouth swab is also done, with the insurance agent present. My experiences in Thailand.