Plumbing Pvc Pipe

cdmtdm

i want to get my hands on pvc piping that back in oz we use for waste water ...sewer / vent pipe etc ...not the blue pvc water pipe used everyday here , i see it used on large construction sites but cannot find it in the main hardware stores on phuket ...any ideas where ?

There is a big complex that sells Building supplies on the bypass road

it should be available there, same side as the Toyota dealer back towards

Chalong, called Chang Chai or something like that

I do not think they sell white pipe here just green blue or grey which are all different grades of pipe if white is available they should have it

Lots of Thai people purchase there building requirements from there

Edited by petercallen

There is a big complex that sells Building supplies on the bypass road

it should be available there, same side as the Toyota dealer back towards

Chalong, called Chang Chai or something like that

I do not think they sell white pipe here just green blue or grey which are all different grades of pipe if white is available they should have it

Lots of Thai people purchase there building requirements from there

Correct but the name is Sang chai.

That storefront that ad61 pictured is my sister-in-law's business, Modern PVC. It's a lot bigger operation that one would suspect from the look of the shophouse. She also owns a few more of those shophouses which are used for warehousing and she has a large storage yard a bit to the south. Anyway, I'm pretty sure they would have what the OP is looking for as they have a huge and diverse inventory, and supply many of the large projects on the island with pipe.

Another way to help locate it is to look for the Pavilion Hotel which is about 14 stories tall, I think, and sits behind Modern PVC on Maluan road.

A true story relating to blue pipe, years ago i had a condo, it had just been finished and the shower room wall on the outside just leaked water, obviously the pipework in the wall was leaking, please picture this, the workers lit a fire against the wall to melt the blue pipe together within the bricks and cement, i was standing there in utter disbelief , even the foreman uttered those Thai words "OK", at that point i got a block hammer and proceeded to break it apart, now if that wasn't bad enough, it seems to be a Thai folk law that blue pipe if in cement doesn't need glued, yes the whole floor including tiles had to be lifted.now the worst was yet to come, my waste outlets had been plumbed into the main water pipe that carried waste water down a hill, but the workers had of coarse been putting wet cement down the pipe which set further down the pipe, i entered the condo only to see every drain outlet spewing out mud, the muddy water had backed up in the blocked pipework and the only place for it to go was out of my drains, the apartment had to be gutted. wonder why it ended up in court, a miserable experience from start to finish regarding that apartment.regarding blue pipe and hot water, does anyone know the tolerances it can take, some of those solar water heaters produce super heated water, well boiling at least, i've always insisted on copper for hot water

you cannot use blue pipe for hot water. Needs to be copper or a poly type pipe which is heat bonded at joints.

In the UK they use polyethlene( Yellow) for gas it is welded together with a butt fusion machine it can take up to 7bar i have never seen it in Thailand as Thailand has no gas network system and you also have polypropylene which is also very strong but the wall thickness has to be more you have to be careful what you buy as some pipe you see is only for trunking

you cannot use blue pipe for hot water. Needs to be copper or a poly type pipe which is heat bonded at joints.

In the UK they use polyethlene( Yellow) for gas it is welded together with a butt fusion machine it can take up to 7bar i have never seen it in Thailand as Thailand has no gas network system and you also have polypropylene which is also very strong but the wall thickness has to be more you have to be careful what you buy as some pipe you see is only for trunking

100% agree, but even in the new builds i see them installing typical blue pipe for the hot water systems, scary situation, huh.png

100% agree, but even in the new builds i see them installing typical blue pipe for the hot water systems, scary situation, huh.png

Can't say I have ever heard of blue pipe being used for hot water. Just would not last many hours containing very hot water, would get very soft and joint would leak. Any owner who allowed the builder to use cheap blue pipe for hot water would deserve all the trouble he will for sure get. Blue pipe is far far cheaper and easier to install compared with copper of polyetheline, and for sure if the builder thought he could get away with it then he would fit that. It's an expensive option to install hot water, I know, we installed in our last build. Pipe and fittings at least 5 times the price, and mixer value fittings at least 10 times the price of cheap cold water fittings.