Credit Cards

i have many UK credit cards but no longer have a UK address does anyone know if i change my address to Thailand will they cancel me from using my cards ??? or even cancel them full stop .. some i owe money on which i pay every month i don't want to lose having them just in case of a emergency ..

Any suggestions please

re.

Do you have a friend or relative you can use as an accommodation address?

i use my best mate as a care of address and have never had a problem with four credit

and debit cards .. but i did loose one with mbna with a 15000 quid limit coz

i didnt use it for three years and they would not give me it back

dave2

ps ... i use all my credit and debit cards onece a year now to make sure it doesnt happen again ... it costs me : ( .. but #hit happens : )

Edited by dave2

re.

i use my best mate as a care of address and have never had a problem with four credit

dave2

ps ... i use all my credit and debit cards onece a year now to make sure it doesnt happen again ... it costs me : ( .. but #hit happens : )

have Family but they don't want me to use there address just in case i knock them one day lol

re.

dave2

have Family but they don't want me to use there address just in case i knock them one day lol

They may never even know you can normally have an address and then a mailing address plus switch to a paperless account and your statements and payments are online. Junk mail will go to your PO box here in Thailand as well as any replacement cards when they come out. If you set up auto min pay from a checking account you never have to worry about when you check the PO box or making payments you can go online and pay more later - I sometime don't go to my PO box but once in three months.

I think most credit card companies will allow you to keep the account if you live overseas. But I don't think any will let you have a new card account. Barclaycard were ok with me living here, but wouldn't let me change to a new card because I you have to have been in the UK for at least 90 days to qualify for one.

Why do you want so many card if you don't use them? Seems like you are creating a lot of hassle for yourself for nothing. If you don't use a card for three years, then what's the point of having it. Same with the others - you are using once a year just to keep the account alive. I only have one credit card from the UK and that is enough. I plan to get a second one here as a backup.

I think most credit card companies will allow you to keep the account if you live overseas. But I don't think any will let you have a new card account. Barclaycard were ok with me living here, but wouldn't let me change to a new card because I you have to have been in the UK for at least 90 days to qualify for one.

Why do you want so many card if you don't use them? Seems like you are creating a lot of hassle for yourself for nothing. If you don't use a card for three years, then what's the point of having it. Same with the others - you are using once a year just to keep the account alive. I only have one credit card from the UK and that is enough. I plan to get a second one here as a backup.

like i said before in case of a emergency ..it's always nice to have as much money as poss.... u never know what is around the corner

Dave Jones:

Same with the others - you are using once a year just to keep the account alive. I only have one credit card from the UK and that is enough. I plan to get a second one here as a backup.

Micky1965:

i have many UK credit cards

Dancealot: why do you have so many cards

Barclays Jersey refuse to post replacement cards to Thailand.

Barclays mainland UK insist on me having a UK address.

If the OP can't use a UK family address then an accommodation address is the best idea.