Places To Take The Wife For Annivesary

JusticeFT96

Just don't take her to the new Pan Pan at Baan Amphur near the Ambassador.

Went last Saturday for the first and last time. G & T = 200 baht + glass of house red @ 150. Could stomach the drink prices if the food tasted of anything. By emptying the oregano pot onto my Lasagne, I finally got it to taste of oregano.

Just don't take her to the new Pan Pan at Baan Amphur near the Ambassador.

Went last Saturday for the first and last time. G & T = 200 baht + glass of house red @ 150. Could stomach the drink prices if the food tasted of anything. By emptying the oregano pot onto my Lasagne, I finally got it to taste of oregano.

I was there a day or so after it opened, I thought yes great a half decent ediable italian close to the house. Wine was rubbish at 1200 or something a bottle, food very average as was the desert. Next day went out of our way 10 minutes more to La Bocca, ate more, better wine food was amazing and it cost less.

Mantra, best place in town for food / service / ambience ( and parking! ) - very hard to beat IMO.

Did not know they had a dress code, i'm pretty sure if you went well dressed in shorts and polo shirt for example, nothing would be said.

Mantra dress code, Smart casual, no shorts or sandals. Air con is good so no problem with long trousers.

Brunos restaurant also excellent. Benihana American Japanese very good food and entertaining as Chef juggles and jokes with the cooking utensils.

I also like that restaurant at Silverlake. Great caesar salad. Weekends are packed though.

I love CDA, but have not been to Mata Hari or Mantra. My neighbors love Mantra. Sounds a bit too expensive for me!

Another great place is Rim Palapin, Ban Amphur. We were there a few months ago and the food was great. Obviously the views are fantastic also. Reservations are highly recommended there.

Been to Rimpa Lapin before, but only for drinks, just reading about it made me want to visit for a meal. So we went today for a late lunch.

Have to say that except for the view, it was a terrible experience. I ordered yellow chicken curry, (gaeng gari gai), and my girl red curry with fish, (paneang blah).

My dish and our rice arrived after maybe 15-20 minutes, quite expected as they weren’t that busy. So both of us stated sharing it.

The yellow curry was ok in taste, have had both worse and better. What really spoiled the dish though, was that they had precooked the chicken, most likely fried it in oil before introducing it to the curry, so instead of moist chicken pieces, they were crisp and dry.

After we had almost finished the yellow curry, my girl asked where her food was and received a short reply from the waitress: “you have to wait”.

Guess that pissed her off a bit, so when her dish finally arrived, maybe 20-25 minutes later, she said didn’t want it any longer and got it boxed up for takeaway instead.

Not a very pleasant experience, but hopefully it was a one off on the service, and if I end up going again, I’ll stay away from the yellow curry.

I've been to Rim Palapin 3 times. Food has been OK, one time really good. It's hit and miss. I prefer Preecha's, but it's plastic chairs and table cloth and not nearly as nice of a view. But consistently good food.

Rim Palapin is also a lot more money.

What day of the week did you eat there? Maybe they had a different chef? Many restaurants do that on the off days. My last trip was on a Friday night. Place was packed, service was OK, food was actually quite good.

I've been to Rim Palapin 3 times. Food has been OK, one time really good. It's hit and miss. I prefer Preecha's, but it's plastic chairs and table cloth and not nearly as nice of a view. But consistently good food.

Rim Palapin is also a lot more money.

What day of the week did you eat there? Maybe they had a different chef? Many restaurants do that on the off days. My last trip was on a Friday night. Place was packed, service was OK, food was actually quite good.

It was today, so a Sunday. Maybe their regular chef has Sundays off, as that seem to be a common day off for those lucky enough to get a day off each week.

I too really like Preecha, can’t think of ever having a bad meal there. But as you nicely put it, not quite the ambiance for an anniversary dinner.

Been to preecha this week myself, have to say its the last time we will be going. I personally have no problem there but the wife is fed up with the way the female waitresses treat her, a few times before after asking for things she wouldnt get or get something totally different, when we were there this week the table was full of flies so she asked the lady could she clean the table for us, we had only just sat down so the lady just looked at her, threw a cloth on the table and half arsed whiped a quarter of the table and walked away. I just laughed at it and said to her its the last time we will come. I will try the one next door thats never as busy buy I have heard good things about it. Food at preecha however is spot on and never had a problem with anything there and when I go there on my own I never have a problem with the service, maybe its just a thai woman thing.

Rimpa Lapin I love the hoeegarden on draft the bottle of chinen blanc I got there also was good I agree very hit and miss with the food. A lot of items very poor a lot average and a few good. Much better places to get food from but not many better for the view.