Where To Buy 2011 New Macbook Air 11"?

DavidMavec

Hello...

I am looking to buy a new Macbook Air 11" from 2011 in Thailand. ***Please note: I am not looking for the current version. To specify the version I am looking for, it was first released around July 2011 and this is the first version to have an i5 processor. This is the last generation before the current generation.

Does anyone know where I can buy this new in Thailand, either online or at a store in person? The reason I am looking for it is because I believe the price will be marked down considerably from the current version but it is still a quality machine. These units were marked down considerably when Apple announced the new version; until June-July 2012 this was the latest version and so I believe it may still be possible to buy somewhere.

Thanks for any help.

David

There was a time when you could have purchased the model you speak of from iStudio. This was just after the newer model was released and, yes here was quite a difference in price. I think it was just a sale to shift old stock. I know this happened at shops which sold macs in Singapore at the same time. A person I knew told me had purchased a 'new' Air at a significant discount but didn't realize it was the old model.

So try iStudio or maybe have a look at some Apple sites and look if the model you want is in their refurbished sale items.

They're still around but I think you might have to get it from the USA... US Apple online store has a refurbished section that lists a few 2011 MacBook Airs...

http://store.apple.c...pecialdeals/mac

Thai online store doesn't have any. Singapore online store has one!

http://store.apple.c...pecialdeals/mac

Not a very good deal though as that's the old top spec model, so it's still pretty expensive.

I don't think the Apple authorized dealers can easily get a hold of these. But I do believe that unsold stock is probably going back to Apple rather than being sold at a discount at the dealer - or maybe they just don't have that much stock around. In any case I don't recall ever seeing refurbished or older models at any Apple authorized dealer or physical store.

Oh yeah - why do you want an old model?

Edited by nikster